--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
try ntcompatible they should be able to help
Jack of all Trades
http://marsh.thengamer.com/Diablosaves/

There are my saves t level 16, before/after getting mana shield respectively. If someone wants to try their luck with gettng a book of telekinesis and owning the last level be my guest.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/content/view/751/110/

Jarulf's Guide to Diablo 1 (aka The Bible).
Everything you ever need to know about internal Diablo1 mechanics.

-Caos2
Edit history:
Yoshi348: 2005-06-29 06:25:19 am
dinosaur from the past
If I'm reading that right, apparently you were just really unlucky, because Telekinesis is considered a wussy spell, with only healing and the basic magic attacks being "wussier". The selection is based on deepest level reached.

I'm a little more unsure on the absolute facts rather than relative facts (i.e. I'm damn sure that if you can get Town Portal, you can get Telekinesis), but if I've got this right, you can get Telekinesis right off the bat, and by the time you reach dungeon level 12 you can get any spell offered on a book.

EDIT: I found another part that relates to this... while Telekinesis is one of the "wussiest" spells in the game, it's also one of the rarest. "Wussiness" just controls whether it can show up at all. Note that this means you'd probably have a better chance of getting this spell at the beginning of the game rather than the end (although you still have a chance either way).
Jack of all Trades
My run is up. :O
lalala
Yes! I've been waiting to see this run for a while now ^^ Can't wait to see it Marshmellow. Cheesy

-flech
Die Meatbags Die!
Sweet run. That part in hell with all of the projectiles was hilarious. The impenetrable shield of walking sideways.
I LOVE ALL SPEEDRUNS
GREAT MARSHMALLOW!

I PLAYED DIABLO BEFORE FIVE YEARS AND PROPERTY DAYS TO SAT I WANT MORE SPEED VIDEOS AND YOU SEEING  Grin
m00
wohoo!

thanks for demonstrating the classic "find the ring"-game. Fun for the whole family, posessing demons included!
${$uid.$user}{' usertext'}
You make that look so easy.
When you provided your files for finding a book of telekinesis/teleport I tried the exact same strategy and got slaughtered mercilessly.

How many times did you have to try that last segment?
Jack of all Trades
Maybe 5-6 times.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hey, that was pretty cool. Good job, now I feel like playing Diablo again :p.
My brother and I very much enjoyed the run of Diablo and we might like to try it ourselves.  We think the run time could be considerably cut down by using duping.  So, would this be an acceptable glitch to use?  The latest patch allows you to dupe (although it will removed duped items that are on the ground together, which isn't important for a run).

By duping your staff early game, you can have as many charged bolts as needed for the first run through the dungeon.  Later on, duping gold and spell books could make the game much quicker.  In particular, duping could reduce the need for segmenting to get additional spell books from Adria in town.

I have a quick second question:  If I started a game from a save at the beginning (so that I could scout ahead before doing the run), does that count as a segmented run?  Or would it be considered single-segment?
Edit history:
Gorash: 2005-07-14 11:02:14 am
${$uid.$user}{' usertext'}
Single Segment would require you to record it in one gigantic session. Unfortunately this includes character creation. Since you most probably won't be doing that anything involving quitting the game will be considered multi segment. You might as well abuse all the other goodies that come with it. Smiley

About duping items, I'd vote for a seperate category, because this heavily alters the games experience. I don't see the point in outruling a bug in general.
MGS for PS1 forever.
I think it would be neat to see an all boss run. That would include the butcher, skeleton king if he's there and then of course the wizard and diablo. Once I leveled up only my dexterity with a warrior and by the time I got to the butcher, I could handle him fairly easily. You'd have to have about 5 levels by the time you get to him so you have enough dex though.
Marsh said he had capturing problems, and I have had problems too.  How were you able to capture the game?
Jack of all Trades
I updated my fraps, that's how. =)
Hey all, I was just brainstorming the Diablo route, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas what could improve the route? Anything be it glitches, game abuses,
the lazarus skip(if someone knows how to replicate it), etc. Cheesy