1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DevilMayCry.html

Devil May Cry (Any %) (Segmented) (Normal)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Accept.

I don't have much to say, the runner's comments went over basically everything worth mentioning. The only thing I would add is that there were probably a few instances used of Stinger and jumping to get to doors and such that probably would have been faster simply by walking. The time wasted there, if any, is likely miniscule at worst.

Great run all around.

Quote:
Cheats: None detected

A/V: Great

Time: 41:33

Thoughts:

This Is a Great segmented run, other then a few mistakes in some of the segments this run is error free, as far as I can tell. The time loss from those errors is minimal and has already been noted by other verifiers and the runner so I would say repeating it would be excessive. Other then that the red orb route and the enemy manipulation is what I would expect from a segmented run; even the exactness of dmg and use of holy waters is spot on. The devil trigger route is great as well; it is very precisely used and monitored to get the maximum out of devil trigger with the limited gauge.

Final decision:
This run is really good and something I look forward to seeing on the front page of SDA

ACCEPT IT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'ahuynh!'
Thread title:  
Exoray
This run was on the japenese version. How does this version compare to the english version? Trying to figure out if it's a separate category from the current Normal mode run on site.
Edit history:
bmn: 2013-10-20 04:31:25 pm
bmn: 2013-10-20 04:28:03 pm
sternn commented on version differences in the AC for his 100% DMD run from 2006. It's been a little while, but IIRC apart from the control changes there are only tiny differences such as Meteor (the fireball move using Ifrit) doing less damage on Jp.

Edit: ok here's the quote.

"Meteor 2 isn't as powerful in the Japanese version; it's about 80%, which is a factor when you're fighting Griffon. Aside from that it's pretty much the same."