--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
firpo: 2015-11-06 08:50:32 am
Sgt -- is that u?
I've recorded a casual speedrun with the restriction that I mustn't carry more than one item at a time.
youtube.com/watch?v=mwJNMi-DjzA
Doesn't exactly fit here, but I figure, the people still following this thread are the only ones who might possibly be interested.

After coming across dex' world record 2 years ago, and also Alginon's Ultimate run, I wanted to do something in between that's easier to optimize.

The specific rule is that I mustn't move (or jump) while carrying more than one item. Augs don't count once they're installed. I meant to do it in a single segment, but eventually settled for three. Codes must be obtained before using them (to steer the run a bit farther away from dex').

The super jump bug wasn't known when I started out, nor were the clips through thick surfaces. The former would remove several interesting parts of the run, so I decided not to use it. The new clips just didn't seem feasible in a non-segmented run. I'm impressed that SeasOfCheese (post 253) managed to get value out of them.

Edit: I've just noticed that invincible NPCs can be killed by pushing them into walls, like so:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kvZk88WboLaF9IQVE1azhDdTA/view
I had previously dropped Anna down a hatch onto the (edge of the) metal crate. Could help in an ultimate run, though probably not much.
(I don't want to push this thread after half a year; hence just an edit.)