Sad
<- 1  -   of 24 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Deus Ex!
Well you start the timer as soon as you start your inputs, so it would count towards that.
-80830/100 Health
I just did a test- took me a little over 3 minutes to level up everything to Master. With practice it could probably be done in 2:30, which is still a good chunk of time. It wouldn't be worth it to level everything, but it might be worth using just to level up a few skills, if you are still doing a run with .ini saves.
Deus Ex!
The only skill that would speed up things would be swimming, but I don't think that using this exploit would be worth it.
Not a walrus
Training map would be accepted, Half Life(/Opposing Force) and Prince of Persia both have runs of the training level(s).
Deus Ex!
Ah that's pretty cool, so IllerateChild go do it Cheesy
Deus Ex!
Hey UraniumAnchor, how about a Low%, keyring only run?
Edit history:
llliterateChild: 2014-05-25 11:54:34 pm
llliterateChild: 2014-05-25 05:41:04 pm
llliterateChild: 2014-05-25 05:39:58 pm
-80830/100 Health
Quote from Labbekak:
The only skill that would speed up things would be swimming, but I don't think that using this exploit would be worth it.

It won't take much time, I found a few ways to get the skill points quicker:
First, spend what you can in the character creation screen. So downgrade pistols, upgrade swimming, medicine and heavy weapons. Secondly you can skip a save if you wait about a second in the intro (just before Page starts talking), then hit escape followed immediately by a user.ini save, and load the save right as you see the dock. When you load the save you can use your skill points in the introduction, then hit escape to end the intro. Once the game actually starts you will get another 3600 skill points to spend. That will be enough to get swim mastery, advanced heavy weapons and trained in medicine. If you do it quickly enough it might be possible to do in ~10 seconds?

Edit: Oh yeah, the hotkeys should make this really quick too. You can set a key to the skill menu, then hit alt+u  twice to upgrade swimming to master since it seems to be selected by default. When the game starts, open up the skill menu hit down and then alt + u to upgrade heavy weapons. Using the hotkeys I was able to do this exploit in about 10 seconds, but it can but it can be done quicker than that. It can be frustrating though because if you hit the keys too quickly it won't work properly or it could crash the game.

Quote from Labbekak:
Ah that's pretty cool, so IllerateChild go do it Cheesy

I probably will, but I have to get out the next few GWT episodes, and figure out a new route since I can't use the user.ini saves.
Deus Ex!
I just timed the swimming section and the difference is only about 3s, so unless you can do this exploit in less than that, it's not going to be faster.
-80830/100 Health
I found a few more improvements and trimmed it down to about 5 seconds, but depending on how it is edited it could possibly be around 3.

This time after I started the game, I hit save and then escape. Just after I saw the docks, I loaded the save and pressed o (for the skills menu) so that when the game loaded the save the skill menu was opened on the first frame. I did the same thing when the game was loading the docks. Another improvement (that I have yet to time) is that you can close the skills screen and end the intro in one frame if you hit o and then escape rather than hitting escape twice.

Usually in segmented runs the saving screens are removed. It is kinda tricky to say when the game is actually saving, because if you perform the exploit like I said above, it will save while the game still says loading. So I recorded another save, figured out about how long it took to make the save and subtracted that and the time was about 4.20 seconds.

The other thing is that because you are doing a segmented run, you are allowed to edit the video so that you have all your fastest clips of segments. So what you could do is start the game, and save it, and then load it immediately. The exploit won't work properly, but if you load the save again and try it should work fine. So performing the glitch like that would cut out a loading screen, and probably reduce the time to below four seconds.

So it is close to being useful, I'll have to see if there are any other ways I can improve upon it.
Edit history:
llliterateChild: 2014-05-26 11:54:46 am
llliterateChild: 2014-05-26 11:54:23 am
-80830/100 Health
Actually I think this might be useful. I was looking at how long the whole thing took, not at how much time was added.

normal segmented full :5.25 seconds

without normal load time: 4.07  (-1.18)
without upgrading heavy: 4.18 seconds (- 1.07)
removing saving pause: 4.26 seconds (- .99)
dock skip: 5.01 seconds (-0.24)
o + Escape: 5.21 seconds (- 0.04)

- The normal load time is how much time you would take if you just skipped the intro. So basically it is the loading screen between the character creation screen and the dock.

- Do you upgrade swimming some time during the run? If so deduct the time without upgrading heavy.

- The saving pause is of course how long the game freezes when a save is made, which is usually edited out.

- The dock skip is if you save and load immediately, and then use another attempt where the exploit actually works.

Another slight improvement I thought of, is that you should upgrade your heavy weapons at a point when you are standing still, such as right after you talk to the boat guy to leave liberty island. That way you can still start the game moving like normal.

So with everything here, the exploit adds about 1.73 seconds, so you might drop a second or two. yay.
Deus Ex!
If the User.ini save would've been allowed atleast :p But still awesome exploit.
Hey Labbekak, I just watched your segmented run, you made one of my favorite run even more impressive !
That's really good to see it updated with new glitches that imply a very different route, you should go for SDA submission !
How much time would it add to this one for a SDA legit run ?
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-06-11 01:08:10 pm
Labbekak: 2014-06-11 01:06:32 pm
Deus Ex!
It's mostly the elevator skips that aren't allowed by SDA rules. So a SDA accepted run would be the same as my segmented but without the elevator skips. I'm estimating those save about 10-15s in total. So a SDA accepted run would be about the same length and very likely faster (my segmented run was quite sloppy so time can be saved with perfect play). I think a proper SDA accepted run without any sloppiness would definitely be sub 34 (though I doubt it will be sub 33).

Personally I don't have the time or the patience to go for a perfect run, but NMS was interested in making a new (SDA accepted) segmented speedrun.
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-07-01 11:52:38 am
Deus Ex!
It seems SDA considers 100% Deus Ex HR to be all quests/sidequests, one ending and for mutually exclusive options in quests, one of the options (doesn't matter which one).

So I was thinking Deus Ex 100% run could be the same, would you guys agree with that? I'm interested in routing for that, but I won't start routing until people agree on the category.

I'll make a list of all the sidequests first, to see if this category would be different enough from the normal Any% route.
I'd assume it to be the same, all goals completed.
I think we call that "playing the game normally". Tongue But I found a couple walkthroughs that list objectives: paraphrased, but color coded, and more literal, but harder to spot. Neither one is totally comprehensive though, so you'd have to test talking to people in various orders, making different decisions. Also, would failing objectives count? It does mark them complete.

I tested a few things I suspected were missing or decision dependent. You have to talk to Alex during UNATCO escape before killing Anna to get that objective. You have to tell Jaime to stay at UNATCO to get the objective to meet him in Paris. You have to do things in a really specific order in Hong Kong: talk to Gordon Quick (maybe), talk to Maggie Chow (before setting off the alarm), get the "Greetings, JC..." infolink, open the sword case, talk to Gordon Quick again, talk to Max Chen, talk to Gordon Quick yet again, continue playing the mission as intended.

In any% news, the secret door in the subway bathroom is destroyable with explosives. Also, I managed to clip from the rear of the cathedral into the stairs leading down to the computer room, but haven't been able to clip out because the shape of the outside wall prevents you from using an inside corner. It's probably not worth clipping in if you have to go out the upper level anyway. And given the loss of skill points from clipping skips, I think medicine has to be cut.
Deus Ex!
Yeah I was thinking about 100% and it doesn't seem that interesting to me, All Skillpoints would be a more interesting run I think, but I haven't found a list that I'm confident enough of contains all skillpoints.

I knew the subway bathroom door was destroyable, but I didn't have enough GEP gun ammo in my segmented since I used a rocket for the Mole Tunnel elevator skip. For a SDA accepted run you would have enough rockets I guess (especially if you do the throphy body duplication at UNATCO).

I'll play around with the Cathedral clips when I get back from vacation, you should be able to clip out I'm thinking. I guess medicine can be cut without problems if you can dupe, the only places where medicine is useful is when you have to run past bots, but for a segmented you can get lucky there anyway.
Oh, man, all skill points would be so much worse. Here's a good list. I was looking for substitutes for lost points, but didn't see any good ones.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2014-07-17 03:53:58 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
*Edit* Apparently I didn't really understand NMS's post, and now that I do this sounds really dumb but I'm not deleting it Smiley

Apparently there's a glitch with Savage that will net you 500exp points everytime you talk to him.

Quoted from Gamefaqs: Before talking to Gary Savage on the rooftop at the sub base (save name New West Coast - Sub Base), make sure your inventory is filled up. Then talk to him. He will offer you a augmentation canister, and you can't take it. You will get 500 skill points. Keep on talkin' to him, and the skill points just keep rolling...

Pretty sure it wouldn't matter for a 100% run since you only have to upgrade all skills if the normal game mechanics allow you to, but maybe for a higher-than-100% run?
I assume he meant "do all the things that trigger a skill point award", not "max all your skills", since that's only possible with an exploit and would just add a boring section of repeated dialog to an otherwise normal run.
Deus Ex!
Well with the glitch IlliterateChild found you can get unlimited skill points at the start of the game already, so that would be a very short run Wink Yeah I meant get all skill point rewards that the developers put in the game, that should be quite an interesting run.
Deus Ex!
I tried the cathedral clip, but like you said clipping in is easy, but clipping out seems to be impossible. I tried different locations, and with the box, but no luck...
Hey guys.  I'd like to submit a Deus Ex run to the leaderboard.  Any% RTA Realistic, 53:05.
Deus Ex!
Good job man! Nice to see some more people running the game Smiley Looks like you're using cHuT's route from his WR, a bunch of new clips and route changes have been found since then, try them out some time.
Deus Ex!
I recorded a Cathedral route with some new clips: but it looks like it's actually slower than the clipless route.
Also I figured out you can skip killing Anna at the airplane, scare her with a LAM and then just clip through the door, of course this only saves 1-2s but still.