Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames

RULES:

1) No aug upgrades. Using the Hacking: Capture Level 1 aug (available by default) was allowed.
  2) Empty inventory throughout the whole game. No weapons of any kind and no energy or healing items either.
  3) No takedowns, lethal or non-lethal (no exception for Namir). No kills of regular enemies through any other means.
  4) "Dirty" ghosting, i.e. distractions and brief detection ("alarmed" from humans/bots and "suspicious" from cameras) were allowed as long as no one got hostile and I received Ghost/SO for a section.

EXCEPTIONS:

1) I've missed a single Ghost bonus because of the bots in the TYM hangar. Technically, this exception is not unavoidable: dealing damage to bots (and them turning hostile) doesn't cancel Ghost by itself — being seen does. Meaning that I could have retained the Ghost status for this section by throwing a crate-> hiding immediately for 30 sec -> repeat. It would extend the time from 15 minutes to 3 hours, so I decided against that.
  2) I had to lower difficulty to "Tell me a story" for a boss fight with Yelena Fedorova. Again, technically it is possible to beat her on hardest difficulty using the exact same tactics I employ in the video but it would take ~2 hours. I *can* do it, but decided that it would be better to show the fight in real-time without doing video edits. Everything else is on "Give me Deus Ex" (not that it matters, considering that I'm stealthing through the game).

SPECIFICS:

1) Physics glitches were allowed. It's impossible to satisfy all 4 rules without using the clipping glitch  (i.e. moving objects like crates through doors to the areas where they're not normally accessible). The clipping glitch is *required* for Fedorova's fight. Zhao can be killed by kiting a bot , but it would break no-detection rule. "Fire extinguisher landing system" (TM) was used several times to avoid damage from falls — but for fun and speed only and not much else — in all cases I could've chosen more conventional but longer routes.
  2) Using physical objects (crates, fire extinguishers, explosive barrels) to deal damage was allowed, as long as I stayed within the rules.
  3) Done in large segments without mid-level reloads. Used normal auto-save points on large locations (like Omega Ranch and Panchaea). Edited the footage (sped-up repeating, boring and non-essential parts, trimmed conversations).
Thread title:  
Holy fuck.
On the speed side, you're not skipping conversations. I can't call this a speedrun. I liked watching your bosses though, nice strats.
I've only watched till Highland Park so far but nice strategies used Smiley

And another thing on the speed side, why didn't you just punch in the codes for hack devices with pre-knowledge? Perhaps you didn't know the code for the 2 devices in Sarif's Manufacturing Plant (Code 1337 for both), but in DRB Territory you picked up the Pocket Secretary, read it, and then punched in that code. Why pick up/read the Pocket Secretary? Smiley You can also punch in the numbers on your keyboard, by the way.

But very nice job so far.
I was interested in no-aug side of the challenge, more in vein of Alginon's run for DX1 -- that's why I didn't do the usual convo skipping/codes stuff. Speed was a secondary concern, really. I've also made some non-optimal decisions on purpose: KOFXIKula, for example, ghosts through some places in a great way (like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fs51QxI5BjM#t=630s). I tried to come up with different routes even if they were a bit longer.

Nevertheless, my run is still faster than this guy's no augs/no KO/Ghost speedrun (at least on individual level segments): http://www.youtube.com/user/HinJoeng/

Oh, and forgot to add, I cut the video in some parts (in minutes): Intro (6), TYM bots (10), Namir (18), plus ~3 from unskippable convos, so the final time is actually ~3:10:00.