<- 1  -   of 47 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I just wish I could remove the DLC from the original >.<
Stalker!
I am having some trouble to glitch out of toilett in the police station.

Either glitch into the void or directly in the mourge .
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Hi there,

been a while , but I thought I post the new record from Deus Ex Human Revolution in here
1:04:30 which was really good! Going to save more time next time! Wink

best wishes
Edit history:
Pizza.Cats: 2014-05-14 02:35:00 pm
Hello everyone!! I'm new to the forums, wanted to introduce myself here. I am going to be attempting to learn the route for any% DXHR. This is something i want to do for fun, as well as a way to challenge myself. I'll be using the any% route that is shown by Natureblink to start. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the routing and cool tricks in this game, i look forward to learning them.

congrats on the run Heinki!!!
Deus Ex!
That's awesome! I manage the leaderboards (http://www.tinyurl.com/deusexhrlb). Just post your stream if you will stream and I'll be watching ^^
Hi Pizza.Cats!

Welcome to the forum and it is nice to see another Deus Ex Human Revolution runner!!! Cheesy
Would like to know your twitch channel as well, if there are questions or anything just post them here
and again welcome to the augmented family. Tongue

best wishes,
I plan on getting something setup for twitch. I'll post in here again when i get all that sorted. I'd like to stream my practice/runs in the future for sure.

Glad to see you guys are super active !
No problem Pizza. Cheesy

and yeah there are some active members and some more inactive ones. Wink
HF and GL with learning the game! Cheesy

best wishes
Thanks m8, i appreciate it. Any tips for getting this stream setup ? i cant seem to get it to look good. i have a little over 5mb upload that's enough right ?
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2014-05-14 03:10:42 pm
Apjjm: 2014-05-14 03:10:07 pm
What?
Speaking of inactive members. Have submitted my final year project and have about a week or so of work left before I can finally get back to running this game. Looking forward to exploring more 0-cloak police stuff Tongue

Also, welcome Pizza Cheesy i will have to follow you on twitch when you get set up!
So ive gotten it to a watchable state without it destroying my FPS in game. do you guys capture the game with windowed mode or game capture ? also do you guys downscale the resolution ? Thanks for the welcome m8.
haha sound good Apj, will have my final exam on Friday and then I will be done with studying. Cheesy

@ Pizza, I use window mode to caputre the screen, I would suggest you to use Open Broadcast software for streaming as well (OBS)
it is very powerful you can do your own layout and then put splits etc in there too.
and 5mb upload should be enough to stream in HD but I would suggest you to stream in 1000upload because without transcoding other
users wouldn't be able to watch your stream then

best wishes
Edit history:
Pizza.Cats: 2014-05-14 05:05:28 pm
Pizza.Cats: 2014-05-14 05:03:56 pm
thanks m8. i recorded a sample of what I've been able to achieve as far as the stream quality goes. do you mean i should have an encoding setting at 1000 ? if so which one? Ive never setup a stream before, this was the best i could get it. I will experiment with it more when i have some more time. This is using OBS at 60 fps 720p in game capture mode. I used a max bitrate of 3500 and a buffer size of 4200 http://www.twitch.tv/therealpizzacats/b/528846628

one last question. do you guys use dx11 or dx10 ?
The stream seems to be good, I was watching it.
When you go on video then encoding or something there just put it on 1000. Cheesy if you put it over 1000 some won't catch your stream because of download issues
but 1000 is totally fine. Cheesy

I use DX10 I think DX11 was Windows 8??? Tongue

best wishes
Thanks for checking that out for me. I will have to see what its like in the window capture as well. I have a lot of practice to put in before i will be doing a complete run, but i guess i will stream just for the hell of it. who knows maybe some of you will drop in to give some tips.

take it easy, thanks again.
No problem. Cheesy

I would suggest after you learned the whole run that you should do some full runs an later on you can still do segmented parts practice. Cheesy

Ok I'm out for now ,see ya Cheesy

best wishes
yeah that's my plan. so far i am still working on the 1st level after the prolog. I'm going to be trying to follow the route nature kindly made level by level. after i learn the route i'll be doing full runs to set splits and improve etc. I'll be sure to watch that WR run nice and thoroughly as well.  Thanks for all the help m8, signing off as well for the time being.
Yeah one hint in my WR run :

The cloak 1 strats I use in Detroit 1 don't save time, I just saved time because of better execution.
So just use 3cloak strats. Tongue

best wishes
After two weeks of AP tests and some time studying before that I am finally done. I still have some projects and basic homework to do for school along with college prep, but I finally have my stressfree free time back. I'm hoping to be able to stream some runs sometime this weekend and early next week, and then perhaps start doing some races again by the end of next week if everything goes well. So you should finally see me start to stream again after what feels like forever (I miss it more than I thought that I would).

Also its nice to see another person learning the game Pizza.Cats. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or another runner (probably ask Heinki first, he's better =p). I am running the game at SGDQ at the end of June so you should watch the marathon then just to see me run the game. Kappa

Only like 1 more month till SGDQ. So. Much. HYPE.
Good to see you back Nature!!! Cheesy
and Gl with the exam! I'm going to be done today in 6hr. Tongue

best wishes
Edit history:
Pizza.Cats: 2014-05-18 09:06:24 pm
Welcome back Nature. I've had a lot of fun learning this run with the tutorial you made. I've finally managed to complete the route, and i plan to start streaming my runs soon. Any tips on the clips in the air lock chambers (the doors with 1337 password) Heinki? I can never seem to get those >.<

Hope everyone is well
Hi Pizza,

Sounds good to me! I'm back in Germany now as well so I will have time to do some runs soon too, but it is a bit busy at the start, too many people
to see again x)

The Clip in the air lock chambers is like the one in Hengsha, just try to get the same align, use the  upper part of the box to
align with the wall parallel and then you should be good to go! Cheesy

You have just one try to do it but you will get the hang out of it in the next couple of runs so don't worry about that. Tongue

best wishes
Heh the air lock clip.

It feels kinda out of place now that I don't really use any other trashcan skips anymore, but I suppose that kinda makes it special now.

Either way don't really worry about it, you want to get in the corner and throw it at yourself at around a 45 degree angle. The best advice I could give would be to throw it in the way that would make sense. You are standing in a corner with walls behind you and to the left, and so you throw it at a 45 degree angle to the up and left (if that makes sense). But the skip really doesn't save much time, maybe 8 seconds if you get both at most. However I think that it does help with saving the hostages with the guard pattern, but thats a really niche thing that you wouldn't need to worry about. You could also bring in a box from outside which is what I think Heinki does. Its really personal preference. Choose whichever one you can get more consistently.

Best of luck Pizza.Cats! PM me on here or twitch or just post in the topic if you have any more questions.
Not alot of time?! Nature please you know that saving now 8 sec is really good right? Kappa
Heinki, not all of us have WR... Kappa

For us plebeians, there are bigger things than 8 second time saves =p