Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 47 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Every time I get an up-to-date run, a new door skip is found.
Just throwing this in here because you guys might know best: is the DC version really more bugged? (asking for casual gaming, not speedrunning)

Thanks.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-05-17 12:15:19 pm
Apjjm: 2015-05-17 12:08:43 pm
Apjjm: 2015-05-17 12:01:49 pm
Apjjm: 2015-05-17 11:58:26 am
What?
Directors cut is less bugged in some ways but broken in others (see: http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/ - Quite a lot of these are fixed now though see: http://steamcommunity.com/games/238010/announcements/detail/1912072000393382224) - it fixes a lot of the annoying UI related bugs (Keypad bug, opening UI elements ontop of other's when you shouldn't be able to). Director's cut also fixes some of the exploits on bosses (stunlocking 2nd boss is harder, instakill 3rd). In terms of physics glitches (i.e. wall clipping stuff) that is all the same as far as i can tell. Might also want to check out http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution_-_Director%27s_Cut and http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution
Alright, thanks. I will check it out then. I played the original game some years ago and didn't encounter any problems at all.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-05-24 02:07:23 pm
Apjjm: 2015-05-24 02:06:56 pm
What?
New clip for the second half of sarif intro:

Video description:
Quote:
Another clip on the intro level for dxhr. this one lets you skip waiting for yelena and going through the vent.

You do have to jump around some invisible walls out-of-bounds, and be careful near the end of the window section to not unload the current stream-group (otherwise you would have to do everything completely blind).
So since I was thinking of maybe actually doing an any% run sometime, I got to thinking, and correct me if I'm wrong but this seems like the timeline of events.

>hey guys we should run on hard so we can't just run past enemies
>okay we'll get cloak then since then we can get past everyone!
>hey guys wait, waiting to get cloak later is faster
>oh well guess we'll run past everyone

So I ask, is there even any point in any% being on hard anymore? It's got a more interesting explosive route but that's about it.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-05-27 01:02:48 pm
Apjjm: 2015-05-27 01:02:41 pm
What?
The only real run difference now is using explosives on bosses (they take 2 more hits to kill on hard when compared to easy i think), fall damage is a little bit lower on easy too maybe. I think it wouldn't lead to huge route changes - though i do think easy would be a less satisfying run (because getting headshotted by rng at the police station is fun right guys Cheesy ... guys? ), as you wouldn't really need to manipulate the ai before cloak, you can just facetank drow and any other encounters.
Deus Ex!
Well I think it would be interesting for someone to at least try routing and running on easy, I'd be interested in seeing how much the route changes (if at all).
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-06-01 03:39:19 pm
Apjjm: 2015-06-01 03:38:22 pm
Apjjm: 2015-06-01 03:38:08 pm
What?
So it turns out easy is faster than i initially expected (I Really underestimated how much time we drop on bosses alone with the explosions), and yes, it is nice to not see runs drop to AI anymore. I also turns out that we still want to avoid the ai rather than just face-tank it with stims so i don't really have anything against easy now.

Also turns out that easy difficulty lets you stand on grenades without getting killed if you take 1 stim. This unlocks some interesting boosts. I threw together a video of a bunch of boosts (of varying usefulness) - maybe we should route a no box-clip% run as a fun category to complement low-doors / all missions at some point?

Other observations about easy mode:

>Might as well go for the pistol at the start - you can facetank the turret and you won't ever need to reload the pistol outside of an elevator. We do not need the stungun at all.
>This means you only headshot the policeman at the doorway to the station, and not zap the guy in the street (this is fine on easy)
>Use two grenades on barret? (place one mine at the start, then throw BOTH grenades at the start of the fight - if you throw them in the right spot they will both still hit him)
>Three mine yelena
>Using the reload glitch in panchea is still worth it to clear out the crazies imo - unless the reloading counts towards timing, in which case using gas grenades or cloaking is faster
Edit history:
jelmeree: 2015-06-02 06:30:59 am
Taking the revolver at the start is a good idea. I did a test run with the revolver and found other possible routes. Since you only need three explosives per boss you can skip the two grenades at DRB and only pick up the four mines at DRB, one grenade at Fema and the final one in the TYM hangar. Finally if you have a hypostim left you can jump over the electronic fence in Hengsha 2 Seaport.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2015-06-05 05:29:08 pm
What?
Just when single segment runs stopped having run killers...

Reckon sub 40 is possible segmented yet?
Deus Ex!
Holy shit! Sub 40 segmented for sure! This is easy only?
What?
Yeah that boost is easy mode only (you need 1 stim to survive on easy), might be able to get away with it on medium maybe.
Deus Ex!
Then the segmented would have to be done on Easy too, if you really want to show of all the cool boosts.
What?
Skipping the second TYM elevator entirely.

Quote:
Timestamps
0:02 Setup
0:35 Triple mine boost skip method
1:10 Somehow didn't take damage on this boost, and got enough height that it would have been possible to make it from the first elevator (if there was a spot)
1:31 Anti-Gravity jensen
2:38 Augmentations for surviving triple explosions

In theory you could actually boost all the way from the first floor if there was a convenient spot to set the fire extinguisher up.
I'm looking to start this game again but I feel like there are so many tricks and I suck again. Could someone give me a hand?
There is a new elevator skip in Fema, also there is a consistent setup for the funicular clip and there are some route changes because the difficulty level is now on easy instead of hard, like taking the revolver at the start instead of the stun gun. Zefie has tutorial videos for the Fema clip and funicular clip, for the route changes I would take a look at Pen's most recent run.
Thanks Jelmeree! I took a look at all of them but my problem is after a year of casual running I still don't think I know how to set up clips properly and it makes me sad. Sad I don't know if I'm using the correct inputs, plus i'm getting a bug where every time I auto save I lose control of jensen, and finally I'm curious are we running the game at 60 fps still or has that changed too? Thanks again!
Probably the easiest way to do clips is to look directly down to the wall where you want to clip and check for aliasing of the horizontal lines. When these lines are perfectly straight and you don't see any aliasing you have the biggest chance of a successful clip. For the timing of the box throw it really depends on your own preference; some like to walk just a tiny bit forward and others walk much more forward before going backwards and release the box. Then also the box itself matters, because with the bigger boxes you'll need to throw the box a bit earlier otherwise you'll clip in the box. Remember also that practice really helps to get the right feel for each box clip.

About losing control of Jensen temporarily; the game can lag or drop the framerate slightly when you go over a loading trigger, but that should not be a cause of losing control of Jensen. One thing that is normal though is that Jensen and the camera won't move for 1 to 2 seconds after you skip a cutscene, for example at the start of Hengsha 1. If you cap the framerate this type of lag will be much reduced, however most runners now don't cap the framerate because it makes some of the clips easier and more consistent, most notably the new Fema elevator skip.
What?
You might see some luck mitigating the freezes / stuttering with going into the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Eidos/Deus Ex: HR/ and setting

AllowJobStealing: 0
D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS: 1
Thank for the help guys much appreciated! I've been working on the FEMA clip for 3 days now on and off stream, tonight I got it twice but not in a way I've been able to replicate. I will take what you guys have told me and apply it. Way back in the day Sui showed me how to cap my Deus ex at 60 fps now I can't remember how to get back to it >_>.

I'm thinking of grinding the practice out on Deus EX HR DC, is it hard to make an auto splitter? I was thinking of trying to make one!

Thanks again for all the help Jelmeree and Apjjm it really means so much to me. I really want to run this game again but was worried it would be hard to get back into it with these new tricks Smiley
Unfortunately I can't help you with the Fema elevator skip because it's not consistent for me (yet). There are some external programs like MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner Statistics to limit the fps to whatever value you want. You may want to try different fps values to see what works best for you, for example the Picus helipad jump is very fps dependent. The current autosplitter and load remover in Livesplit works for both DC and vanilla HR, with extra splits for Tong's DLC mission and The Missing Link, so that's already sorted out.
Oh man you're my hero! Yes I will keep practicing it today but I will try out those programs, I will try to get live split working for DC too (I'll keep you posted).

Thank you again :3
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2015-06-24 05:46:59 am
Labbekak: 2015-06-23 12:22:44 pm
Labbekak: 2015-06-23 12:04:23 pm
Deus Ex!
So for those fancy boosts we will need either hypostims or painkillers, so let's brainstorm where we can easily get them (I'll keep updating this post).

Sarif Manufactory
1 painkillers at the start in the lockers

Detroit 1
2 hypostims at LIMB clinic
1 hypostim at Morgue

FEMA
1 painkillers at boss arena

Hengsha
2 hypostims at LIMB clinic

TYM
1 painkillers
1 hypostim at penthouse
2 hypostims in Yelena's room
There's another stim in the morgue as well as some painkillers under a table in Jensen's apartment.