--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Plantgrowthi: 2014-12-06 06:27:56 am
Plantgrowthi: 2014-12-06 06:27:34 am
DE:HR - runner!
How high or low the frames should be in this game to get optimal results? I find that v-sync limiting the frames to 60 makes most of the clips very easy compared to what they were before, but the first jump at the beginning of Picus Communications onto that box-thing to get out of bounds becomes nearly impossible for me to pull off. I've found that if I just disable v-sync for that one jump and then turn it back on I can manage it on a single try instead of 5 to 10 minutes of frustration it would normally take. D:

Edit: Looks like capping the game to 70 FPS works the best for me. Picus doesn't Pee in my Eyes anylonger and cut scenes wont get Jensen stuck for a brief moment after. \o/
Edit history:
pnKed: 2014-12-06 10:34:29 pm
pnKed: 2014-12-06 09:38:09 pm
Quote from Apjjm:
I'm sorry for finding this:

(D-Row 0-Cloak with boost)

Don't you have to have godmod on or something for that to work because you took 0 damage? Also anyone know the best setup for clipping, 60FPS vsnch with tripple buffering sounds good. And the method is tricky and I don't mean lining it up I mean going forward enough and back and crouching to push yourself through at the same time. Do you even have to hold back for normal skips?
Deus Ex!
The grenade won't damage you if you throw it under the barrel and if you don't boost too high you won't get fall damage either. There's no consistent setup yet though, so that's why nobody is doing the barrel boost in RTA runs.
Ah I see the grenande went under the barrel, was hard to spot that. I need to get some strats prepared any guides about for noobs at all? Or a SDA wiki
Deus Ex!
Here are some guides: http://www.speedrun.com/dxhr/guides, they are all older routes, but after learning those the newer routes aren't gonna be hard to learn (just watch some newer runs).
Cheers mate!
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-12-25 01:33:49 pm
Labbekak: 2014-12-25 03:47:54 am
Labbekak: 2014-12-25 03:45:44 am
Deus Ex!
Merry christmas everyone! Cheesy

First of all Jelmeree posted this vid on his youtube page, that might be a more consistent Funicular skip (but it uses Typhoon): .

Since there hasn't really been anything new for some time, there has been talk to start a Human Revolution segmented speedrun. I think it might be good to already start routing for it now.

So the route will probably be almost the same as the current RTA route, but I can think of some things we'll have to find out:
- We of course will wanna do the barrelboost
- Which energy bars to pick up (we probably don't need that many)
- Where to use cloak (we might be able to run through some rooms without cloak, just by getting lucky)
- Is it faster to skip Namir? Either by using the DC Typhoon clip or:

- Would clipping out of the Funicular be useful?

- Is going OOB at the Sarif plant going to be faster (even if it's only 1s faster, it looks really cool so we should do it)
http://www.twitch.tv/apjjm/c/4567533
- Can skipping getting the grenades at DROW be faster?
- Are we going to run on TMAS or GMDE? (Probably GMDE)
- What are the fastest ways to kill the bosses (when we can also afford a bit of luck)?

That's all I can think of for now, I'll edit this post if I can think of something more Wink
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2014-12-25 01:31:17 pm
Apjjm: 2014-12-25 01:31:16 pm
Apjjm: 2014-12-25 01:30:34 pm
Apjjm: 2014-12-25 01:30:02 pm
What?
I remember playing around with the typhoon method but i found myself getting stuck quite abit in the door when i was experimenting with funicular clips. If Jelmeree has a conistent strat for it though then it should be worth doing (if you are running 0 cloak you can pick up a typhoon from the limb clinic). The exit funicular clip would only be worth it if we could get a box inside the funicular and clip inside the funicular quickly, as you would have to drop out early.

Some thoughts on segmented:

OOB at sarif might be faster but it is hard to tell. You would definitely want to do the wall clip near the fence at the start though. There is also a second wall-clip near the ladder to the vent acess which might save a second or two if perfect. Can also go aggro instead of sneaking past any of the grunts here.
Police: Don't bother placing the box in the doorway, if RNG is on your side they will miss enough (also don't bother running in the L shape pattern, just straight line it). Might also get away with not zapping a guard.
DROW: You could potentially go hostile here. If running Directors cut so you could (in theory) skip the grenade by using a remote detonation pack? Getting the grenade is defo worth if not doing DC though.
Barret: Can 2 cycle him (lay down 3 mines then 2 nades).
Hengsha: Bin clip instead of box clip
Picus: Would want an instant funicular clip and no icarus animation. There is an alternate strat for yelena using an upgraded typhoon which means you can skip getting the extra mines (upgraded typhoon does equivalent damage as 2 mines).
Jensen's appt: Fire-ex clip, could also couple it with a well timed emp grenade to skip all the icarus animation (there is a spare one after the box guards at TYM)
(DC Only) There is an explosive barrel boost on the TML ship which can save a good chunk of time. Could also take a really aggresive strat vs burke.
Panchea: Can clip as soon as you get past the crazies, by the generator and then air control onto the edge of the loaded map.
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-12-25 01:48:37 pm
Labbekak: 2014-12-25 01:47:04 pm
Deus Ex!
Thanks for the pointers Apjjm! Would you wanna join in recording segments? For Yelena you mean getting Typhoon lv2 right?

SuicideMachine also just told me we can try stunning/killing the gang members at FEMA, to skip the conversations there.

And BTW we are going to do vanilla HR first before trying DC.

Heinki told me you can go OOB at TML and complete it without the map loading?
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2014-12-25 01:56:10 pm
What?
I certainly wouldn't mind joining in Smiley

Couple of other ideas:
There is a wall clip at the start of panchea, instead of taking the vent. Might be able to wall walk along the room you clip into to get straight into the hangar.
Might be able to skip using typhoon for the panchea door - it is possible to clip through IIRC but it is just really, really, really rare to get it to trigger the rest of the map.
Namir clip: Can mine boost using a box onto the wall before entering the tunnel, skipping the elevator and wall-clip. Could again time an emp throw to cancel icarus animation (or just drop directly into the cutscene trigger?).

Regarding TML - it might be possible but im not sure if the game will correctly load the map beyond the prison. You can do it wherever you skip the airlock rooms by not dropping down so early.
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-12-25 01:56:12 pm
Deus Ex!
Cool!

Anything before Sarif plant is pretty much set right? I can't think of anything that can be done faster there, compared to the RTA route.

I am at my parents for christmas, so can't try anything out right now. But in a week I'll try to see if Sarif OOB is faster.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2014-12-25 01:58:19 pm
What?
There is a fire-extinguisher clip in the intro which lets you skip that locked door by yelena. It is really obnoxious though (I am also at my parents currently, and won't be back until the 29th/30th).
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-12-25 01:58:25 pm
Deus Ex!
Ooh yeah forgot about that! I tried it many times, but never got it once :/ If you get it, is the door after open though?
What?
I think it should be, i have got it once before but i can't remember if i actually completed the rest of the map or not. I did it in the corner on the right hand side of the door (when facing the door as you enter the room). The fire-extinguisher can get you completely stuck or sends you through the floor though which i why i never tried it in runs.
Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-12-25 02:40:42 pm
Deus Ex!
Well we are allowed to segment when and wherever we want, so we can segment just in front of the clips. And cut out loading screens in the final vid.
Just saw the speedrun ranks and Heinki's new tutorial in my subscriptions on youtube. Haven't been this motivated to speedrun since i was practicing for SGDQ submissions. Expect to see me stream in the near future.

Also nice to see that someone took the time to really learn AM% since I was too busy to do it. Looking forward to relearning that as well!
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Hey guys,

I finally uploaded the Tutorial videos for Human Revolution and for Deus ex on my youtube page

so for those who know someone who wants to start running this game this is the actual shit so far. Tongue
and tell me if that tut video is ok if someone watches it , otherwise i will redo them again. Cheesy

About segmented :
Most of the candy we take is for free so we still have enough for the whole run. Candy we dont need to pick up is going to be the following :
- Sarif plant locker
- Sarif plant guard
- Detroit trashcan
- TYM locker (When you get out of the subway)
- Piccus communitcation (Well we do Furnicular clip anyway)

That are all positions which come up in my mind atm!

About the jelmeree Furnicular clip with the typhoon.
It kinda works consistently, only problem is, when the box is pushing you to the side you can not get it so you need to perfectly stay still inside the box
Another thing is that you have to do it the way you do it at Panchaea So you have to do it diagonal.
Other than that, in my tutorial video i got a perfect furnicular, around 30-35min it was I think maybe someone can
take a deeper look what happend there because im still confused why it worked .xD

best wishes,
Heinki
Deus Ex!
Holy shit Heinki, that Funicular clip! That is exactly what we need to do in the segmented! I'm still at my parents, but when I'm back at my room I'll try to do what you did!
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
yeah Im suprised! I actually have no idea what happend there or why it worked, it was just a fucking boxclip through!
Obscurisis told me that he gets the omega clip and the furnicular that way without troubles! might be the FPS thing or something?
Maybe because he got an older version? I really have no idea why it worked.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2014-12-26 08:57:11 am
What?
If we are recording segments for the segmented run: What settings (graphics/subtitles/cursor) are we going to agree on using? I would guess aiming for 1080p 60 is what we want to be recording in (I would be recording with nvidia shadowplay).
Deus Ex!
I guess 1080p/60fps would be the ideal, but I'm not sure if my pc can handle that. I have been recording with OBS, but I haven't really tried to see if other programs work better. Is Shawdowplay any better than recording with OBS?
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2014-12-26 09:20:17 am
What?
Shadowplay is really good, but i think OBS added a way to record in the same/similar method as shadowplay at some point, but i don't know how the two compare in terms of performance. I know if i am recording with shadowplay to seperate disk i don't really see any performance differences on my settings (using a GTX 670 currently) full list of graphics settings i am using: http://pastebin.com/1ybCxnNa.
Deus Ex!
Monday I'll be back at my room for a little bit and then I'll see if my pc can handle recording at those settings, but I doubt it.

I have a GTX650TI, this is my pc: http://tweakers.net/reviews/3116/3/desktop-best-buy-guide-juli-2013-budget-en-basisgamesysteem.html
What?
Intro fire-extinguisher clip:

Edit history:
Labbekak: 2014-12-27 08:35:18 am
Deus Ex!
Aah awesome, how much attempts did that take? It looks like it's going to be impossible to get past the guards though, since they burst in the room faster than without the clip (or maybe it only looks like that because you got blocked by Yelena)?

Btw is it just me or is the recording very shaky?