List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DearEsther.html

Dear Esther (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio and Visual fine and up to quality.
No cheating, it would be easy to tell in this.
Run is as fast as it could get really with current knowledge.

Easy accept

Quote:
I've seen this run several times, but I downloaded it anyways to check the AV. Which, of course, is perfect.

This game went from a boring walk-a-thon to a death-abusing, waggle-walking, wall-strafing mess. And I love every minute of it.

Easy accept.

PS, listening to this game's monologue I fully expect to hear "I give you a hamburger." at any moment. ( )

Quote:
AV is neat. There's no cheating I could detect. I mean... it would be difficult to cheat in this game anyway, since it's just walking.
Anyway, watching speedruns of this game is really relaxing. The occasional death abuse makes it refreshing, especially the first one, what with the monologue quote being perfectly lined up with it.

Easy accept.

Quote:
Alrighty then, No A/V problems or cheating that I could detect.
This run was very interesting to watch. I enjoyed the death-abuse.
Accept.

also I watched that youtube video z1m then rewatched the run and I started thinking that as well.

Quote:
A/V is good and clear, no glitches detected.
Can't detect any cheating and the runner abuses the mechanics of the game well.
There is one stumble just before the 5 minute mark that maybe costs a second, improving that would mean cutting a corner instead of following the wall. According to the runner this was done to get a wallstrafe but that backfired unfortunately.

Not much room for improvement overall.

Timing:
Run starts at 00:06 and there area loading zones at: 3:16 - 3:21, 6:37 - 6:43, 13:22 - 13:27 roughly.
The control is lost at 20:05 as the camera twists towards the tower.
This should land the run at 19:43~  Not frame perfect but should be close.

Accepting this as it squeezes almost everything out of a game that you are never really supposed to be able complete fast.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to S. ten Woude!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
S.: 2013-02-13 12:14:18 am
S.: 2013-02-13 12:14:00 am
Yay, thanks.

Quote:
but that backfired unfortunately.

It still is weird to use the word "backfire" in a Dear Esther run. There's another instance like that near the end, where the RNG screws me over. So I went into YOLO mode, and that turned out to go pretty well, so it kinda made up.
I'm still a bit confused about what to do in that 5 minute mark part though, that area is one fine example of weird world geometry.

Also, I'd like to point out that "S." is not my initial of my first name, nor does my name contain any. So I'd like to request some quotation marks "".
I'm still not sure why I sent you my last name coz I'm still not very comfortable having it on the site, but I'll be fine.
I liek cookies
Congratulations on Dear S.amantha run Smiley