--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DeadSpace3.html

Dead Space 3 (Any %) (Single Segment) (Casual) [New Game+]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Ryan 'LivingLooneyBin' Nicholls!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Dead Space 3 (Any %) (Single Segment) (Casual) [New Game+]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/DeadSpace3.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Dec. 27, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2013-12-19 03:22:12 pm
LotBlind: 2013-12-19 10:54:50 am
LotBlind: 2013-12-19 09:41:00 am
LotBlind: 2013-12-18 10:56:23 am
LotBlind: 2013-12-17 06:20:58 am
LotBlind: 2013-12-15 11:29:59 am
FINISHED

A/V:
Sounds are too low.

1:18:39 - there's a few seconds of missing sound here I think. Or I don't know why the game would have no sound right there.

In-game timer (savegame from after credits started rolling) shows 36:58.12. This is shown at 2:47:40 (yes, seems in-game timing doesn't count cutscenes or much anything)

Looks like there's skips that are done by selecting "restart from checkpoint" when the checkpoint is actually slightly further ahead than where it can be "returned" to from. Does this affect categorization? They're not for actually retrying any parts.

Good quality run, not very many hiccups, most of the time lost comes from monsters springing up randomly from underground and behind corners. I actually wanted to highlight the skips that the runner is using. Finding that stuff, it feels, can't have been entirely trivial.

Strong accept
"Casual"  is what they call "easy" in the Next Gen. Given the amount of forced combat encounters in the dead space games, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to run it on Hard.
Not a walrus
Quote from LotBlind:
EDIT: were run comments ever promised?

"No Comments" was checked on the submission form, so I wouldn't expect them.
I'm currently checking, is a shame that this run has not raised enough verifiers: the runner devoted
hundreds of hours to perfect the route and skips.
I can see in advance that I will have problems getting my next ds3 run verified.
I'm committing to verify this. I will have it in by the end of the week.
Uranium: is it possible to modify the "run comments" page so that it shows the information the runner gave about comments? Whether or not to expect them. I mean I guess there's a square for "coming later" too?
Quote from LotBlind:
Uranium: is it possible to modify the "run comments" page so that it shows the information the runner gave about comments? Whether or not to expect them. I mean I guess there's a square for "coming later" too?

Yes, the runner can change his mind later and upload the author's comments; I'm doing that on the dead space 2 run.
Not a walrus
In general you can assume that if there's no comments by the time it's reached verification there won't be any coming. In the future I'll try to add a note to make it more clear.
Is it just me, or is the audio level of this run extremely low?
There were some execution mistakes and some bad luck, but overall, I see no reason not to accept this run.

My only real gripe is that the audio level is extremely low.
Edit history:
ymh: 2013-12-21 06:45:36 am
A/V: I agree on the low audio level, but at least it doesn't sound crappy if you turn the volume up. Also those missing seconds at 1:18:39.
Otherwise fine, video quality is good.

Playing quality is great, most mistakes are really minor and acceptable given the length of the run. I think he uses all of the major (and difficult) skips known so far, which makes this interesting.

I agree on the real-time 2:41:46 to be used for timing (control starting at 1min55s and ending at 2h43min41s).

Accept.
A/V: Maybe the player have the 5.1 channesl-on in the settings, that kind of low sound happen to me in some games with that option
Gameplay: Stalker's knocks always are part of this game so, not fault of the runner. the whole run have various minor skips that work with checkpoint restart but the problem are the skips with glitches.
Each one is really hard to perform and can not work even if it seem was did perfectly.
fail with one of the skips mean a failed run, in my opinion is a great run with minor mistakes because is single-segment.
All The enemies were killed on right time
Timer: I think that RTA should be used for the all dead space games. so I agree with (2:41:46)

Decision: Accept
Watched this on my phone during a long train ride today. Not the best xonditions for verifying a game I have no experience with.

A/V seemed fine. I can't comment on the strats, but it looked like it was very well played according to what the runner had in mind.

ACCEPT
Decision posted.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to verify this, ill look into those sound issues and try to make the recording louder if i want to submit again in the future.