Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
The Dork Knight himself.
I highly doubt you're doing something wrong. If I had to guess, it's the dreaded 'Pinnacle Driver Syndrome' that a few of us have seen. While the driver isn't registered properly in Windows, the Pinnacle software knows exactly where to look which is why you'll always get video/audio while using Pinnacle Studio. The only solution you have here is to uninstall the hardware/software completely and hope the next time you install it things will work out better. We still have no idea why the audio portion shows up in some systems but not in others unfortunately.

If the reinstall still doesn't get the device to show up, you'll have to use a RCA stereo to headphone adapter to get your console's audio output to the line-in on your soundcard to properly record audio.
You can always uninstall removing drivers, reinstall with pointing the the drivers in windows device manager. Worth a shot. You'd have to extract the files out of the exe though so just try opening it in winrar or something.
This worked like a charm with Amarec 2.31. My only remaining problem is getting rid of the judders which none of the settings achieved.
Yeah Amarec is working like a dream for me, but the sounds gets distorted at times.
The Dork Knight himself.
It could be a sync issue. Some game consoles do not run at the standard 29.97/59.94 framerate. The NES/SNES have to be set to 30.0494, and using the standard 29.97 can cause the audio to warble as Amarec re-syncs both the audio and video streams.
Talk to the Hand
One thing to note is that, I know the DVC100 is the "standard" recommendation for Dazzles, but I bought this model a couple months back, and it worked basically right out of the box (I did follow the quick-setup instructions, which included installing the included software, though I never used it). You just pick the Dazzle as the audio output device and it should work, though you may have to stop/restart the stream, or shut down/restart OBS.
The Dork Knight himself.
That's the fun part about the Dazzle: sometimes it just works and other times it doesn't. We don't recommend the DVC100 over other models but that just happens to be the standard one that everyone receives. From what I can tell, the only difference between each packaged version of the Dazzle is simply the software you get with it.
How exactly do I use the Crossbars thing? It had no effect for me. My Amarec will capture video, but refuses to list the Audio Device. I got a DVC 101, but my computer lists it as 100. Mine also came with the Instant DVD Recorder, not Pinnacle, so I don't have AMCap either. I can't figure this out, because the IDVDR will record audio no problem, but Amarec won't even notice it, just the video.
The Dork Knight himself.
Try downloading the DVC101 drivers from this page, and make sure you get the right version (either 32bit or 64bit). Before you install the newer drivers, open up Device Manager and uninstall the Dazzle drivers you're currently using. You also will have to unplug the Dazzle when installing the drivers or it might not work.

You should be able to download AMCap from this site.

Hopefully this should allow Amarec to see the Dazzle as an actual audio device. If it doesn't, then you'll have to go with the y-adapter method to get the audio from the console to your line-in on the sound card. Unfortunately we don't know of a workaround for this issue since it stems from how the Pinnacle are setup.
steak Steak STEAK!!!
I figured I may have success here with my question.

I am getting sound recorded from my Dazzle onto VirtualDub without having to go through the sound program directly (don't seem to have the AMCAP program, but it's recording the sound fine), but there's a significant amount of audio de-sync (the audio plays 3-4 seconds before the video catches up) and I'm not sure if I can just adjust de-sync directly in VirtualDub (couldn't find the settings, which could mean I'm just looking in the wrong place) or if I'd need to fiddle with the Dazzle directly to get the audio matched up.
The Dork Knight himself.
You should be able to adjust that in vDub directly, but I can't remember where it is. Try doing a forum search for audio desync and you might find the answer.
I got crossbar thing but I have no idea what to do with it. I can capture my audio just fine from my dazzle after I installed the Pinnacle program, but I have to put my laptop into a hibernate mode or restart it in order for it to capture the audio each time I want to stream. It isn't a huge deal, only a couple mins of waiting, but it is annoying. I was told crossbar thing would fix that but I have no idea on what to do with the program to fix said problem.
The Dork Knight himself.
I still haven't hooked my Dazzle back up after AGDQ. I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know what to do.
The Dork Knight himself.
Sorry for the delay, got hungup with work.

So to use Crossbar Thingy, make sure your Dazzle is hooked up and loaded into your program of choice (I'll use OBS as an example).

1. Once the stream/capture has started, you should have no audio.
2. On the main CT window, highlight the "Dazzle DVC100 Crossbar" and click on "Open Selected Crossbar" (to the right).
3. On the Dazzle crossbar, change the "Input Pin" dropdown then back again. For example: change it from composite to s-vid then back to composite. This is to make the Apply button active on the window.
4. Underneath the Input Pin you'll see a box that says "Link Related Streams." Enable that feature, then click on Apply, then OK.
5. Back in OBS the audio should now start coming through. You'll notice the Dazzle video flashes as the device is restarted.

Just remember that you'll have to run through these steps everytime you start a new preview/stream/capture session. Using AMCap instead (even if you get the demo version) is the preferred method since you only run the program and have it sit in the taskbar doing nothing to always have the audio enabled.
The Dork Knight himself.
I forgot to attach a few images in the past post. This is what you'll be looking at in Crossbar Thingy.

Attachments:
I'm having audio issues as well, but I haven't seen the solution for mine on here yet: I've seen that the issue most have is that you need to tell OBS to use "audio line in" for the dazzle, which is in the crossbar options of OBS, and that the crossbar option is usually grayed out. I do have the crossbar option, so I'm not having that issue. When I plug in my dazzle, I don't see a "Line in" in my control panel under recording devices. There is only the microphone still. I do have sound when using Amarec, but the amarec feed through OBS/FFsplit set up is laggy and not ideal. Any one have this issue before where the "5: line in" doesn't show up?
The Dork Knight himself.
Well if you have sound through Amarec, you could use the Live output to send the feed to OBS directly without having to use FFsplit. Run the live_setup file in your Amarec folder, configure the Live tab in Amarec's configuration window (leave the mixer/audio settings at the top alone) and you can grab the feed in OBS by selecting Amarec Live as a Video Capture Device. If you need more detailed instructions, just shoot me a PM and I can walk you through the setup.

As for the crossbar problem, the only thing I can think of is the driver/software not being installed correctly. Could you post a screenshot so we can see the issue?
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
When I try to record I don't get any audio even with virtual audio cable. But then after recording something I get distroted audio after.
Banned User
I find it easier to use an RCA Female to 3.5mm Male cable and just put the 3.5 in your line-in. Audio sounds great, no lag, and no bullshit driver issues.

It's just plug and play, then all you need to do is go into your "Recording" in Sound - go to the line in then just listen to the playback.

Easy peasy, here's an example of the cable I was talking about: http://www.amazon.com/CableWholesale-6-Feet-Female-Stereo-10A1-12206/dp/B000I94F4U

Sure it's a few extra pennies out of your wallet, but honestly it's worth the investment to avoid the hassle.
The Dork Knight himself.
True, but some people (especially those on laptops) would want to use the native Dazzle audio capture, which is why this topic was created.
Sorry to bump an old thread but I don't see where else I can find help on this problem.

I'm using my Dazzle DVC100 to capture video gameplay from my consoles. Problem is, in OBS, it does not recognize nor record any audio from the device. I have the latest drivers, I've tried reinstalling various programs, and the crossbar fix - none of which have solved my problem. I've been having this problem for about a year now - it used to work just fine last summer. Video records perfectly fine.

Since everything I tried would not work, I followed the advice of posts found earlier in this very thread:

Unfortunately these users did not go into very much detail on exactly what I'm supposed to do once I've hooked up the adapter. I'm still not getting audio, even after changing many of my settings.

^ Changing the audio input device to Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) doesn't seem to make any difference (the only other option is "Disable"). Unchecking the WaveOut audio renderer box doesn't do anything either.

There also seems to be some mystery audio that OBS recognizes at all times (at least after the crossbar trick has been executed) - I have no idea where it is coming from, it sure isn't the game. It is not affected by adjusting any volume settings I change in-game, I even recorded it anyway with OBS just to hear what this mystery audio was - complete silence. It stays constant at all times:

Anyway, when I have the RCA female stereo-to-male 3.5mm adapter plugged into my PC, I can't hear any audio coming out of my computer at all anymore - now all audio on my computer plays on my TV (I confirmed this by playing iTunes, it plays the song right on top of the game audio on the TV). OBS definitely recognizes all audio coming from my computer that's being played on the TV. When I go into my computer's sound settings in my control panel and turn on "Listen to this device" (and raise the mic volume), heavily distorted audio blasts through my TV of everything going on in my room - my ceiling fan, my voice, and tons of echoing from the console and TV. That's not what I want, I just want it to record the game audio.

So my main question is, how would I go about following through on the advice given in the posts above? I don't understand the "all you need to do is go to your "Recording" in Sound - go to the line-in and just listen to the playback" part. And yes, I'm posting this in other forums as well.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2016-08-17 04:59:09 pm
honorableJay: 2016-08-17 04:57:13 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
Don't worry about bringing up an old thread, that's what this one was created for.

Ok, so let's start with the easiest solution:
One of the programs that is installed alongside Pinnacle Studio, AMCAP (Pinnacle Studio > Tools > AM Capture in the start menu) is the program we'll be using.

As for the RCA setup, make sure you change your soundcard (if it's a Realtek, you'll need to install and use the Realtek sound manager program) so that instead of the port being set to Microphone, it's set to Line-in. If you can't find that setting, try setting the audio device in OBS to Line-In and see what you get.

1. Run the program as an administrator
2. On the main menu, click on Devices and choose the Dazzle Video and Dazzle Audio (audio won't show a check next to it)
3. Rejoice!! Then minimize AMCAP to the taskbar (leave it running)

In the future, just run AMCAP before your program of choice (OBS, etc) and leave it running in the taskbar. One of the interesting quirks of doing things this way is you'll have access to the video crossbar through AMCAP and can make on the fly changes to the video input (s-video or composite) and you can also change advanced video settings (region, color settings, etc) without causing any interruptions to a stream (aside from maybe a quick flash).

Have you tried this one yet? If you don't have the program, send me a PM and I can send it over.

As for the RCA fix, make sure you set OBS to use Line-In instead of Microphone. If that doesn't work, check your soundcard settings (usually with whatever app came with your soundcard, it'll be Realtek if it's on-board sound) and see if you can force the Microphone port to act as Line-In.
Quote from honorableJay:
Don't worry about bringing up an old thread, that's what this one was created for.

Ok, so let's start with the easiest solution:
One of the programs that is installed alongside Pinnacle Studio, AMCAP (Pinnacle Studio > Tools > AM Capture in the start menu) is the program we'll be using.

As for the RCA setup, make sure you change your soundcard (if it's a Realtek, you'll need to install and use the Realtek sound manager program) so that instead of the port being set to Microphone, it's set to Line-in. If you can't find that setting, try setting the audio device in OBS to Line-In and see what you get.

1. Run the program as an administrator
2. On the main menu, click on Devices and choose the Dazzle Video and Dazzle Audio (audio won't show a check next to it)
3. Rejoice!! Then minimize AMCAP to the taskbar (leave it running)

In the future, just run AMCAP before your program of choice (OBS, etc) and leave it running in the taskbar. One of the interesting quirks of doing things this way is you'll have access to the video crossbar through AMCAP and can make on the fly changes to the video input (s-video or composite) and you can also change advanced video settings (region, color settings, etc) without causing any interruptions to a stream (aside from maybe a quick flash).

Have you tried this one yet? If you don't have the program, send me a PM and I can send it over.

As for the RCA fix, make sure you set OBS to use Line-In instead of Microphone. If that doesn't work, check your soundcard settings (usually with whatever app came with your soundcard, it'll be Realtek if it's on-board sound) and see if you can force the Microphone port to act as Line-In.

Thanks for responding.

When I have AMCAP running and then launch OBS - I just get a solid red screen when I try to preview or record in OBS. I do have the Realtek HD audio manager already on my computer and I'm using that.

I also learned that my computer doesn't have a line-in option, so I had to force the microphone port to act as a line-in like you suggested (I found a video on YouTube demonstrating how to do this). However, even after doing all of that, I still don't get any audio in OBS. I should mention that Pinnacle Studio 11 manages to pick up both audio and video just fine, though. I suppose that'll do in the mean time until I want to stream to YT/twitch...
The Dork Knight himself.
Just to clarify, after setting up AMCAP for the Dazzle, you leave it running in the taskbar but leave the program idle. Don't have it actually preview/capture anything. As long as it's running it should work. You're most likely getting the red screen in OBS because AMCAP is grabbing footage from the Dazzle, and you can only have 1 program capturing from a device.

If you still can't get anything, try using AmarecTV to see if you can get video/audio properly. If it works, you can use the Live function to pipe everything into OBS. Let me know what you get, and if Amarec does work I'll walk you through the Live setup.