List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DarkSouls.html

Dark Souls (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V is good overall, but some of the last loading screens were very dark (unreadable text). It's not a problem for the rest of the run though.

The run itself is well done. Very few mistakes, like fat-fingering the home button during the Quelaag fight. Bad luck on Pikachu and Snorlax (you remember what this is, right Flip?), but Dark Souls will always find a way to troll you.

Time looks good.

Accept

Quote:
No complaints about A/V, cheating etc. There was some bad luck the Ornstein fight that cost maybe 10 or so seconds but aside from that the run is pretty much what you'd expect from a good Dark Souls run. Accept.

Quote:
There were a couple of unfortunate troll moments, specifically O&S and the archer at the top of Sen's Fortress, but overall the run was exceptionally well done. In particular, the runner did a good job of ensuring he only restored enough stamina by walking as he needed to get to his next destination (really good sign of strong attention to detail). Having basically no HP left after killing Gwyn was pretty epic as well (on top of being very well planned).

Pretty easy accept from me.

Quote:
Video a bit muddy, A/V otherwise good, no cheating
Absolutely flawless up to Gargoyles, where he didn't get the fastest kill (even two twinkling titanite from crystal lizard, nice). Good planning throughout to make use of Red Tearstone Ring. Very few actual snags throughout, losing mere seconds. Ornstein and Smough fight was quite good too. Overall impressive.
Accept

Hope we get some kilnskip-less runs soon though.

Quote:
Much less slop over the last run that was submitted as in nothing really stands out to me at least. To bad he Ornstein had to act up. Well done.

Quote:
Sorry, had viewed the video over the course of the week and forgot to post!

Overall a very decent run for the site, beats the time, few minor mistakes throughout. I would consider the Queelaag Xbox guide button finger slip to be a very major hit in terms of "quality", but I won't be a dick, haha. Overall, great run. I look forward to seeing non-kiln skip runs on SDA someday.

Accept, with a little reluctance.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Treynquil!'
Thread title:  
Thank you!  Overall pathing and stamina management are solid, just a few minor spots that we discussed in the Dark Souls thread on this site (and a luckier O&S fight) and 20 seconds or so can be shaved.  But we're talking about a lot of RNG luck involved at this point (especially on top of the sanity-destroying halberd farming).  Thanks to the folks on this site and on my Youtube channel that encouraged me to keep trying after my last submission, this was rewarding (but a serious pain in the ass haha).

Here's another vote to add a glitchless category on this site since most serious DS runners these days are on PC and can't do the kiln glitch. 
Exoray
PC version is usually already a separate category as soon as there are differences.
SDA does not however separate using specific "glitchless" categories as a runner is expected to use all the glitches at their disposal (that and the fact that trying to define what is a glitch and what is not is just arbitrary).

In some cases a game can have a major skips/large-skip category to separate some stuff that cuts out large portions of the game. A runner not using the large-skips are still expected to utilize minor glitches though, hence why glitchless becomes an inaccurate label.

If people want a PC run on site, all they had to do is complete one and submit it Smiley
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from moooh:
If people want a PC run on site, all they had to do is complete a good one and submit it Smiley

FTFY.
Quote from moooh:
PC version is usually already a separate category as soon as there are differences.
SDA does not however separate using specific "glitchless" categories as a runner is expected to use all the glitches at their disposal (that and the fact that trying to define what is a glitch and what is not is just arbitrary).
In thsi case it's not really about the PC version but the version number that also applies on consoles. The PC version of the game was released later and the first version available was 1.06, which is the same patch that fixed the major skip used in this run. Even most console players have a newer patch now and can't do the skip. It's widely agreed on that the categories for Dark Souls should be any% (wihout Kiln skip), all bosses and Kiln skip.
Lord Of The Beards
Quote from Kotti:
Even most console players have a newer patch now and can't do the skip.

Anyone on console can just remove the patches though so this is really more about the pc version.
Just removing the patches isn't enough because 1.0 is just about imposible to speedrun, the game needs to be patched to 1.05 which from what I've gathered isn't as simple as just getting 1.0.
btw I apologize for starting the discussion about categories, I realize now that I should have brought that up in separate venue for a wider discussion.

I want to thank everyone again for taking the time to review my run!  I'm looking forward to helping others on this site with speed runs of Dark Souls as much as I can.