Travel - Plano, TX
Twitch - twitch.tv/frozentrually
Twitter - @frozentrually
Preferred method of contact - Twitter

Game - Teslagrad
Category - 15 Scroll
Console - PC
Estimate - 0:30:00
Details - A 2d puzzle platformer in which we utilize the magnetic physics engine to go fast. Using the magnets, we are able to clip out of sections, skip a boss, and generally optimize movement.
Video link -

Game - Putt Putt Saves the Zoo
Category - any%
Console - PC
Estimate - 0:01:20
Details - Fun and silly child game optimized through mouse movement. Fast paced and almost mesmerizing at a high level. No other games ready for submission but if time allows I will have learned several other Humongous Entertainment games by the time April rolls around.
Video link - http://www.twitch.tv/frozentrually/v/32214332
Edit history:
Littlenino: 2016-01-12 01:47:52 pm
Littlenino: 2016-01-12 01:35:25 pm
Name -  Littlenino
Travel - Texas
Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/littlenino
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/littleninolen
Twitter - @LittleninoSDA
Preferred method of contact - Twitter.

Game - Metroid Prime
Category - 100%
Console - Wii (GCN version, but played on Wii)
Estimate - 02:05:00
Details - An absolutely fantastic run that takes a beloved title in the franchise and metaphorically breaks it over the runner's knee as things are done and obtained completely outside of the intended order. If you think simply being able to beat the game in under an hour of In-Game Time is crazy, being able to beat it while getting every item in under 90 minutes of In-Game Time is arguably crazier. While there aren't nearly as many flashy tricks as Any%, the main draw to 100% is that it's 95% raw movement optimizations; 5% flashy tricks. When combined with a route that's so fluid that it makes you want to claim it's somehow developer-intended, this makes for a run that's very impressive to watch for both veterans and the uninitiated alike.

Possible Issues:
1) Falling or even Soft-Locking while OOB. While the former issue is able to be recovered from, the latter issue can be dealt with by taking save stations that are conveniently right before the OOBs in question, which I would be doing as a safety precaution.
2) Dying. While you might think that getting every Energy Tank would make dying a non-issue, think again because you end up using every single one to their fullest capacity in this speedrun and can very easily die with too many mistakes. This can be dealt with by, again, taking a save that's conveniently very close to this problematic portion of the run.
3) Forgetting an item. While this hasn't happened to me in a long time, it's still a very real possibility. If this does happen, I would probably just finish the run an item short because taking 10-15 minutes to figure out what item I forgot and then going to get it for the sake of fulfilling the category requirements probably isn't worth it for a marathon run.

Video link - http://www.twitch.tv/littlenino/v/32770194

I'm aware that Vaati submitted Prime Any%, but I figured I might as well throw my hat into the ring in case there's any interest for 100% instead/as well.
Name: Terco100
Travel: DFW
Twitter: @JigglyPuffs0w0
Preffered Mode of Contact: Twitter

Game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Category: Any% No Major Glitches/ No Out of Bound
Console: Wii VC
Estimate: 2:00-2:30
Details: A loved game throughout all of gaming history, with this run we'll be able to showcase this great game in all it's glory, I'll play the english version, so that if viewers want to watch and find out the story, they can. This run will take us through every dungeon, and is fairly interesting to watch, as most of it does rely on pure skill at the game, instead of the hugs Out Of Bounds tactics and other speedrunning tactics.
I'm a fairly new Speed-Runner however, so that's why the estimate is so high, I'll be practicing this game over the coming months, and hope to get that estimate down to under 2 hours.
Since I do not have any recorded runs as of yet, I cannot post a video link unfortunatley.
Thank you very much for reading and considering!
Name: BazookaToof
Travel: Live in Dallas
Twitter: @Bazooka_Toof
Twitch: twitch.tv/bazookatoof  (I've never streamed)
Preferred Method of Contact: Either through this forum or Twitter

Game: Mega Man 3
Category: Any%
Console: NTSC NES
Estimate: 40:00
Details: A widely known and loved video game.  Solid and fast-paced platforming action.  Everybody loves to watch Mega Man defeat Dr. Wily, right?

Link to Video: https://vimeo.com/151574879  (sorry for the terrible quality, I do not own streaming equipment)
Name: Neerrm
Travel: Austin TX (would probably come up for only the day of my run cause hotels are expensive)
Twitch: twitch.tv/neerrm
Twitter: Neerrm

Game: Final Fantasy IV US
Category: Any%
Console: SNES
Estimate: 2:15:00
Details: One of the first SNES RPGs to hit the states, and the first in the series to introduce Active Time Battles. The any% route skips about the latter third of the game by utilizing the 64 Floor glitch, similar to what is seen in Final Fantasy any%. Obviously this game just wrapped up GDQ, so from a 'should it be in a marathon' standpoint, I'll leave that entirely up to you Smiley Donation incentives include naming characters and showing off a few minor glitches that aren't typically seen in the speedrun.
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/neerrm/v/20249146
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
And with that, submissions are closed. I'll be reviewing them all and hopefully have a full games list very soon. Thank you everybody, and I'll be reaching out individually as I have questions.
<(^_^)>
Quote from Ghoul02:
And with that, submissions are closed. I'll be reviewing them all and hopefully have a full games list very soon. Thank you everybody, and I'll be reaching out individually as I have questions.

(based cereth sub emotes)
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Final Games List: http://pastebin.com/vRkXxzUM

I tried to take as much as possible while giving the schedule as much variety as possible. Thank you all so much for your support, and you certainly didn't make this easy on me. A few notes on specific games:

Megaman 3/7: Both runs were definitely marathon quality. However, I gave the nod to Duckfist for Megaman 2 and wanted to give Ape Escape 2 the chance in the spotlight for a bit more Playstation.
Metroid Prime: I went with 100% to get a slightly more experienced runner, as well as also potentially having Kirbymastah do commentary for a category he's done much more with.
Zelda: Lack of a video for aLttP made Minish Cap the pick here. Please continue practicing and hopefully if the marathon has another year, I'd love to have the game.
Mario World: I like NSW the best of the offered categories. Any% is a fine run, but a bit short to showcase the game as well as would be best for the only major Mario of the marathon.
Neopets: While I know the game is hilariously glitched, the relative obscurity and length compared to other games hurt it a little bit.
Crazy Taxi: I'm up for whichever one the runner prefers. They're all pretty similar lengths and solid watches.
Beavis and Butthead: Just barely missed the cut here. Same as above, just a tad obscure and less relevant today.

I'll work on getting a rough draft of the schedule in the next week or so, and I'll contact the runners I'd like to have go on Friday to confirm availability. Thank you again!
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2016-01-18 11:39:34 pm
<(^_^)>
I'm assuming you're down for the 4-way character bid war for sonic advance? Tongue I'm really experienced with Amy and Tails right now, it'll just mean I'll have to pick up the pace with getting solid runs with all 4 before this marathon haha
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
No issues with that from my end. I'll probably need to be somewhat careful if incentives end up adding significant time, but adding the extra day helps IMMENSELY with that (with only the two days, I would have had to take 2 or 3 fewer games after incentives were calculated, which would have really hurt the balance of the schedule)

As it is, it's a very dense games list. Tourney Locator assures me that they can make the setups work, and games will probably be scheduled in part based on consoles to aid setup time. I would *really* like to put all the PC runs back to back to put the setup together, but that's of course very difficult if people have issues on different days.
When will the games be chosen? I'm trying to figure things out at the moment and need to know whats goin on since I'm moving close to the date of this.
Games were already chosen a couple of days ago.
Quote from Ghoul02:
Crazy Taxi: I'm up for whichever one the runner prefers. They're all pretty similar lengths and solid watches.

Glad to see that Crazy Taxi made the cut, though I'm not sure by your wording if this means picking CT1 vs CT2 or choosing the category for CT1.
Ah well! I still plan to attend and cheer on all the runners! I'll be sure to practice next year!
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Chuckles - All of the Crazy Taxi estimates are roughly similar. If there's a specific game you'd prefer between 1 and 2, then we'll do that one. I think showcasing the one you're more passionate about will lead to a better run than me just picking one.
@Ghoul02, I am looking at the list and there are just games, but not names. I see SMW was chosen and that's what I submitted. Was that for me?
Ghoul02 - Oh definitely I agree, I just misread your comment I guess. I'll be working on both games over the next couple months, so I will be ready either way, but I'm currently much more confident in showcasing a good CT1 run.
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Zer0Maverick - I wanted No Star World, which you're the only runner who offered it. So yes.
@Ghoul02, Alright. Sounds good! Just making sure haha.