--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Cursor *10 (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from Lhexa:
The run lasts from 1:43 to 3:31, so about 1:48.  The runner didn't give a time, so I can't judge that.  Video is fine, but the audio is just static.  The game itself has no audio, so I guess the static can just be removed.

Some RNG manipulation, which is surprising for such a short game.  The runner restarts until he gets the fourth floor stairs in the closest spot, a 1/13 chance.

I thought the quickest possible start would win on cursor six, since you need to hold down five buttons.  However, the runner uses a clever trick with floors six and eight, holding down the top button first, then retreating downstairs for the bottom.  So victory is achieved on cursor five.

The top floors are limited by cursor two: it has to go through all hundred clicks on floor ten, so it will press the last of the three buttons on floor fifteen.  As long as they're faster than cursor two (and they are), cursors three through five have zero impact on the final time: three and four just run out their time, and cursor five will be waiting right at the exit point until number two arrives.

As for cursor two: its speed on the lower floors is limited by cursor one, but cursor two was only a fraction of a second behind number one.  There's slight hesitation on the upper floors, but all told it's less than a half-second of time lost.  This cursor's speed is also limited by how quickly one can click a hundred times, but in testing I wasn't able to do it anywhere near as fast.

It's too bad there's no way to end a cursor's turn early, because that could save a lot of time... anyway, if this strategy is optimal (and I think it is), this run is honestly only a second or two away from a perfect time.  So my opinion is to accept it.

Quote:
20 in-game ticks faster than the current run.

easy accept.

A/V issues easily resolved.

Quote from CyberBotX:
Video is good, audio I've been told is going to be stripped since it is just static and the game has no audio anyways. No cheating detected. As stated, the run itself starts at 1:42 into the video, before that are previous attempts that should be cut out of the final video. I can't really say much more about the run itself, it was very well done and getting to the end with cursor 5 is very good indeed. Give it the accept!

Quote:
My sincere apologies for not taking posting sooner, my email somehow didn't inform that there was a verification ready... this is an easy Accept on my part.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Andres 'Almarac' Vanlandewyck!
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
game page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Cursor10.html