Sad
<- 1  -   of 36 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Moo! Flap! Hug!
This is not (just) real life stuff.  I am in active communication with JDRF at this moment -- it's 5:30 am in my time zone, and I'm writing (hopefully coherent) emails as I write this message.  I'm not trying to create some sort of bizarre artificial drama; this is honestly just taking longer than I originally planned (one reason I started things so early this year...).

Quote from Therio:
Depending on difficulty this estimate seems awfully high. My Very Easy run is 1:42, and that's 22 or so minutes off of the record which is held by xtremeBored.

Fire a PM to Keypaladin with a video of the better times or description of the route.  I've worked with Keypaladin before, and I have the highest confidence in his ability to learn any new techniques you can offer.
Poxnor I am sorry about my last statement. I didn't mean to make it that real life stuff is slowing down the process. Only was trying to say I do understand you got real life stuff that can make it a bit harder to get the things you want to do done. I understand that you are still trying to get things figured out early so you got an idea how long the marathon can be and what games can make it this time.
Edit history:
Poxnor: 2013-11-07 02:34:45 pm
Moo! Flap! Hug!
No need to apologize at all, magicfreak.

Perhaps people would feel better if they knew exactly what is happening.  I have the Round Two reviews back, and based on that feedback I have:
(a) settled on dates; and,
(b) settled on a games list (we'll worry about a precise schedule much, much closer to the event).

However, what I do not have is a guarantee that I will be able to get a venue for those dates, for the duration necessary to host the event.  Note, that's not the same thing as actually having a precise venue chosen and booked.

What I want, before releasing the games list and the final dates, is to be absolutely sure that I will be able to book some appropriate venue.  Because the absolute worst thing would be if I released the game list and dates, people started booking flights, and it turned out I had to shift the dates by a day or two to get a venue booked (or even worse, had to shorten the event by a day and needed to cut 24 hrs of games after releasing the games list and dates).

Know that I'm working as quickly as possible, and directly with JDRF, to confirm that there will be something available for us in Edmonton on those dates.

As an aside, a few people have asked me why I didn't move C4L to Vancouver for 2014.  The main reason was that we worked so well with the JDRF people in Edmonton, so it seemed like a good idea to keep working with them personally.  A secondary reason was that it's an easier destination to reach for the people driving from the US midwest, of which there are several.  Of course, the counterargument to keeping it in Edmonton is that Vancouver is Vancouver, whereas Edmonton is Edmonton (a pretty strong counterargument), but meh Wink
Evermore Extrodinare ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
The only counterargument that he left out (And the ACTUAL reason) is because otherwise he angers mouse butt and that wouldn't go over well with Rini Wink
Fucking Weeaboo
Find the perfect venue, then send in METAFLEX to scare them into giving in to your demands. If they try to back out later, send him back in for a reminder.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Edmonton greeted us with a blizzard and saw us off with a blizzard. I wouldn't want to go to any other place to speedrun, if I could have Edmonton instead Wink
And another upside is Sgt flex! ^^
Professional Second Banana
If we get a blizzard in May, I think it's just meant to be and would hit us wherever we are.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
If anyone who didn't attend C4L 2013 wonders what the heck we're talking about:

On our drive from Edmonton to Banff (originally intended to be Jasper, but changed due to even worse highway conditions in that direction), we missed this 100-car crash by approximately 30 minutes.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/21/huge-multi-vehicle-pile-up-injures-300-people-near-edmonton/
SDA Speedruns: 1
I think MetaSigma missed it by even less time because he left after we did.
Yeah I missed it by minutes...and I've driven in some flat out shitty weather delivering beer, and I won't lie, I have NEVER been so damn scared in my LIFE driving back last year. I don't think I've ever driven THAT SLOW for THAT LONG on a Highway EVER and still felt like I was going too fast. Yeah it was THAT BAD, and I am sure had I waited another 5 minutes or gotten slowed up even more I either would have been stopped...or I might have BEEN in that wreck...

ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ BUT I FLEXED THROUGH THE WEATHER AND SHOWED IT WHY YOU CAN'T STOP THE POWER OF YOU FEEL STRONGER (MetaSparkle)!!!!!ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
It has already started Pox...HWY 881 was closed for 4 hours today due to "overwhelming number of vehicles in the ditch"
Welp...might as well get it out of it's system now before it gives us really great weather this year Driscollad Tongue
First Run of Suikoden with 108 stars / Best ending route clocked in at 4:49:13.  Add maybe 5-6 minutes for ending to see the final scene and ending picture. This included 1 reset due to Pahn dieing to Teo in the 1v1 fight due to random luck.  Can easily be reduced. I say the estimate for the 108 star route which is the one most likely going to be done during the marathon as we usually meet our donation incentive goals, should be around the 5 1/2 hour mark.  Going to do some more practice runs to get a better idea of how long it should be and then figure out some other ideas for donation incentives.
Professional Second Banana
My PB so far at FF6 Glitchless Any% is 5:55:57, which is very improvable (especially if a new WoR route I'm testing that gets Shadow instead of Sabin proves to be faster).  After talking to Nitrodon, I think that we could route Glitchless 100% if there's interest - would give an 8 hr estimate for that.
I personally would love to see 100% Glitchless
Small update on FF3. My best time is now down to 1:58:22, and I have routed out backup strats should I mess up critical parts of the run. As a small disclaimer, there's a 33% chance that I have to reset about 30 seconds into the run, but that shouldn't be a big deal :p also, I've acquired an English translation on a Famicom cart, as well the original Famicom release - donation war between languages? Also, for the character name donations, the only restriction is that the first 2 party members must be named the full 6 characters in order for some glitching to work.  Any empty space counts as a "0" in memory, and items would get unintentionally placed into the party member names if any blank spaces are left in. ...yeah.
Quote from duckfist:
Small update on FF3. My best time is now down to 1:58:22, and I have routed out backup strats should I mess up critical parts of the run. As a small disclaimer, there's a 33% chance that I have to reset about 30 seconds into the run, but that shouldn't be a big deal :p also, I've acquired an English translation on a Famicom cart, as well the original Famicom release - donation war between languages? Also, for the character name donations, the only restriction is that the first 2 party members must be named the full 6 characters in order for some glitching to work.  Any empty space counts as a "0" in memory, and items would get unintentionally placed into the party member names if any blank spaces are left in. ...yeah.

I believe character name donations in japanese won't make a lot of money, and I don't know if a language choice bid war will makes enought money to compensate (also if there is a bid war, there can't be characters name donations)

btw, do you consider that a "Job Glitch" run after your "No Job Glitch" one could be a good donation incentive ?
Edit history:
duckfist: 2013-11-18 10:48:45 am
duckfist: 2013-11-18 10:48:13 am
duckfist: 2013-11-18 10:47:08 am
Quote from Gaël:
I believe character name donations in japanese won't make a lot of money, and I don't know if a language choice bid war will makes enought money to compensate (also if there is a bid war, there can't be characters name donations)

btw, do you consider that a "Job Glitch" run after your "No Job Glitch" one could be a good donation incentive ?

Good point about name donations in Japanese, I suppose English name donations would make more money than a language bid war, since the two options would have to be mutually exclusive.  I'd consider the addition of a credits warp run since it only takes a few minutes as well.  Also, perhaps a donation goal to show off some other glitches, like the glitched airship, which is really cool.  I'd set up a save file that'd have the glitch ready to go.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Sorry for the delay, everyone, in getting the Round Two results posted.  It's all in my head; I just want to write a thoughtful and complete post about all of my decisions.

What I can tell everyone who is looking at flights:
- C4L will start late afternoon on Tuesday, 29 April 2014
- C4L will end late on Sunday, 4 May 2014
- Post-marathon fun times will be 5-6 May 2014.  Thinking one day in Jasper, since we never made it there in C4L 2013, and one day of pick-your-poison (swimming, skating, golfing, etc.) in WEM.

Will write thoughtful post on games later.

Cheers
--Ryan
WEM = West Edmonton Mall?
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Yeah, WEM = West Edmonton Mall. Tonnes of stuff to do there, from skating (I take no responsibility for the safety of people on ice!!), swimming, golfing, shopping (obviously), restaurants, and even the world's best tea shop (both caffeinated and non-caffeinated).
Fucking Weeaboo
Dates confirmed! Best news I've heard all week.

Quick looked at flights and damn, almost $300 different between flying there on the 28th compared to the 29th (29th is cheaper). That's about what I spent round trip to get to Utah for SGDQ 2012. Oh well. I've got time.
Quote from Poxnor:
the world's best tea shop

I've seen pretty great ones. If that is true, then Edmonton is heaven *__*
Wow I'll be able to arrive IN TIME?! Not LATE?! Also I'm going to def take a few extra days off so I can enjoy my time up there THIS time x_X
I do say can't wait to see the results and am happy I did atleast sign up and made it this far. This though with doubts in my mind knowing what could happen.