djtifaheart: 2014-04-03 01:31:43 pm
djtifaheart: 2014-04-03 02:06:58 am
djtifaheart: 2014-04-02 03:48:20 pm
djtifaheart: 2014-04-02 03:36:12 pm
djtifaheart: 2014-04-02 03:29:18 pm
puwexil: 2014-04-02 02:31:38 pm
Gotta Go Fast!
- Main Thread -
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/crystals_for_life_2014__main_thread.html

Just a note: I'll be keeping two separate lists on this post: One for prizes that are in the pool for 100% and another one for prizes the people are waiting to hear back on. It's to keep the thread a little cleaner.

If it's an art prize, please let me know the size and if it's a print or not. Just let me know the details when you can.

Prizes, Donators
Chrono Cross
- Original Soundtrack
- Donated by: Raelcun
- Link: Soundtrack

Chrono Trigger
- Games
- Donated by: ryanxp
- Note: Super Famicon Carts
- Link: Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest VI

- Perler Sprite
- Donated by: NexisFirehawk
- Link: Schala

Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
- Game
- Donated by: Sir VG
- Link: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

Final Fantasy III / Y's Origin
- Games
- Link: Final Fantasy I Anniversary Edition, Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition

Final Fantasy IV
- Game
- Note: Super Famicon Cart
- Link: Final Fantasy IV

- Perler Sprite
- Link: Paladin Cecil

Final Fantasy VI
- Art
- Print Size: 11"x14"
- Donated by: Mikalia
- Link: Esper Terra

- Art
- Link: Magicite

- Art
- Print Size: 11"x17"
- Donated by: Sonira
- Link: Terra

- Game
- Link: Final Fantasy VI

- Dissidia Figure
- Donated by: Essentia
- Link: Terra Figure

Final Fantasy VII
- Art
- Print Size: 11"x17"
- Donated by: Sonira
- Link: Tifa

- Game
- Link: Dissidia: Final Fantasy

- Plush
- Donated by: CaraLady
- Link: Cloud Chibi Plush

Final Fantasy X
- Art
- Link: Faris Scherwiz

- Game
- Link: Final Fantasy V

- Wall Scroll
- Donated By: CaraLady
- Link: Tidus Wall Scroll

Final Fantasy X-2
- Plushie
- Donated by: Essentia
- Link: Moomba plushie

Legend of Mana
- Manga
- Note: Manga is in Japanese
- Link: Legend of Mana: Manga

- Art
- Note: Will be in poster form
- Donator: Sir VG
- Commissioned by: LLK
- Link: Artwork

Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
- Strategy Guide (Final Fantasy XIII)
- Donated by: JackintheBox333
- Link: Front, Back

- Trilogy Set
- Note: All versions are PS3
- Link: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-II, Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

- Perler Sprite
- Link Lighting 'Claire'

Pokemon: White 2
- Plushie
- Donated by: Crocogoat
- Link: Tepig

Prizes, Donators: Waiting to hear back on

*Prizes: From 2013's Crystals For Life
FF6 Opera Scene art (by Mikalia)
FF13 XBox 360 faceplate
FFX and FFX-2 Ultimanias
Crisis Core Ultimania
3x5 Chocobo and Mog print (7 of these)
FF10 buttons
FF Dissidia buttons
Moogle beanie
Metal Slime keychain
Slime stack keychain
FFT War of the Lions for PSP
FF and FF2 PSP (w/ FF1 guide) - sealed
FF Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time for DS.  2 copies - sealed
FF Advent Children UMD for PSP
Crisis Core Guide
Art of FF9 book

Quote from Poxnor:
JDRF is trying a little bit of an experiment this time.  There's a lounge and casual restaurant downstairs in the hotel, and both the hotel and JDRF wanted to turn part of it into a C4L viewing area using the big screens in there.  Make a $x (where x is undecided at the moment) donation to JDRF, and you can come in and watch, hang out, meet any of the runners who want to go down there before/after their games, and also get entered in a raffle to win a prize.  We were thinking of using the unclaimed prizes from last year (which are in Edmonton at Driscollad's place) as the raffle prizes for this...experiment.  That's also why I said we might have to reevaluate this use of the unclaimed prizes: if there's not a lot of interest in people attending in-person to watch in the viewing area, the raffle idea would simply fall through.

Since we might get questions on who takes requests to commission art during the marathon:

Quote from Poxnor:
I did want to mention, if any of the artists (be it painters, perlers, etc.) take requests to commission art, please let me know. Don't forget your preferred contact info, e.g., email, Facebook, etc.

Artists Who Take Requests for Commissions
- By: NexisFireHawk
- Perler Sprites
-- Email: retrobeads42@gmail.com
-- Twitter: RetroBeads42
-- Facebook RetroBeads42

- By: LLK
- Artwork
- Contact
- http://www.jazaaboo.com/
--Email: Jazaaboo@gmail.com

- By: Sonira
- Art
-- Email: cnverity@gmail.com
-- Twitter: Sonira
-- Tumblr: Sonira
Thread title:  
Gotta Go Fast!
Sure, I can tackle this thread as well. I was looking through the main thread just now and I only saw two prizes being offered. Unless the runners and/or commentators have prizes themselves, this'll be a short list. Tongue

More than willing to help, Poxnor, so this isn't a problem at all.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Thank you so much, Tifa!

Could I please ask one of those groovy admins to transfer the first post?

Also, I'm going to ask Driscollad to post the list of unclaimed prizes from last year that he's holding onto.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Also, I would be remiss not to thank all the people who have donated prizes both this year and last. Your generosity was key to our success last year, and I'm sure it will be instrumental again this year.

Our general plan is to give away the prizes we already have (left over from last year) to people who attend in-person in Edmonton. Depending on actual attendance, we may have to revisit this plan.

For people looking to donate prizes this year: I'd ask that you please ship them directly to the winner, rather than to me. My mass-shipping job last year was a disaster that I care not to repeat.
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm working on getting some artwork commissions from our good old LLK. I just sent off the emails so it'll be a while before I have anything solid. I did try to contact somebody on deviantArt a while back who did some beautiful Legend of Mana artwork for prints, but unfortunately I've yet to hear back and that one has been at least a month so it's probably not going to happen. Sad
Offering up this picture here http://miraimika.deviantart.com/art/Esperterra-435420910 as a prize.  It'll be a print.  I'm not positive on size yet and will find that out A.S.A.P.
Edit history:
djtifaheart: 2014-04-02 03:45:54 pm
Gotta Go Fast!
Added everything in so far in the first post.

Poxnor: I'll add in Driscollad's list once he puts it here.

Sir VG, Mikalia: Added both, let me know when you guys can on the info/contact you're waiting for.

That's a really pretty picture, Mikalia. Smiley
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2014-04-02 03:41:42 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
The one I contacted on deviantArt is not LLK. That's a different thing (one for LOM and one for FFCC:TCB). And given it's been 2 months, I'm expecting no reply, but I just thought I'd bring it up. If anybody wants to see what I was trying to get prints of, here one piece: http://ehllychan.deviantart.com/art/LOM-Alexandrite-Knight-124130124

As for the stuff from LLK, it's a commission on my part (I'm paying for it, not expecting it for free), not a donation on hers.
Gotta Go Fast!
Wow, that artwork is beautiful.

Updated the first post, let me know if it looks alright now.
Leftover prizes from last year:

FF6 Opera Scene art (by Mikalia)
FF13 XBox 360 faceplate
FFX and FFX-2 Ultimanias
Crisis Core Ultimania
3x5 Chocobo and Mog print (7 of these)
FF10 buttons
FF Dissidia buttons
Moogle beanie
Metal Slime keychain
Slime stack keychain
FFT War of the Lions for PSP
FF and FF2 PSP (w/ FF1 guide) - sealed
FF Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time for DS.  2 copies - sealed
FF Advent Children UMD for PSP
Crisis Core Guide
Art of FF9 book
Gotta Go Fast!
Quote from Poxnor:
Our general plan is to give away the prizes we already have (left over from last year) to people who attend in-person in Edmonton. Depending on actual attendance, we may have to revisit this plan.
Just to double check, but the list Driscollad posted falls within' this plan? Added to the first post.
Fucking Weeaboo
LLK got a hold of me and it sounds positive for what I'm trying to get done.

I've also got some games at home I picked up for the marathon as prizes. I need to double check what items I got, but I remember there being a few PSP games. None sealed though.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Tifa: yeah, that's the plan for now. We'll see if we have to reassess that, though.
Everything's better with Magitek
I have a couple prizes left over from past SGDQs that I can donate.

Terra figurine
Moomba plushie
Edit history:
Raelcun: 2014-04-03 11:33:21 am
We require more minerals
I have the Chrono Cross OST three disc set for a prize for Chrono Cross
http://www.amazon.com/Chrono-Original-Soundtrack-Yasunori-Mitsuda/dp/B0009J8HB6/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1396546219&sr=1-1&keywords=chrono+cross+OST is a good link for the information on it.

Three hours of music from a game with a fantastic soundtrack.
Gotta Go Fast!
Sir VG: Thanks for the update, appreciate it.

Poxnor: That's what I figured, thanks for clarifying.

Essentia: Quick question on the Moomba, since VIII isn't in the marathon, I put it down for either X/X-2, but did you have a preference?

Raelcun: Added, sir.

Thank you to everybody for pitching in so far, was worried that the prize pool was going to be small. Greatly appreciated.
Everything's better with Magitek
I was thinking maybe we could put the Moomba with the FF game that has the least amount of prizes.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
I like Ess' idea.  I mean, that might well turn out to be FFX when we look at the ratio of prizes to game length, so I think your instinct, Tifa, was right to put it there for now.  But, no need to set that in stone Smiley
Gotta Go Fast!
Yeah, google search brought me to VIII, X/X-2 (final fantasy's I haven't played :P) yet.

I like Essentia's idea as well. Updated to reflect that.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Oh, one thing I should clarify, because I see how easily what I wrote could be misinterpreted!
Quote:

By the above, I did not mean to imply that it will be the players and commentators who would just be scooping up these leftover prizes.

Rather, what I meant is this:

JDRF is trying a little bit of an experiment this time.  There's a lounge and casual restaurant downstairs in the hotel, and both the hotel and JDRF wanted to turn part of it into a C4L viewing area using the big screens in there.  Make a $x (where x is undecided at the moment) donation to JDRF, and you can come in and watch, hang out, meet any of the runners who want to go down there before/after their games, and also get entered in a raffle to win a prize.  We were thinking of using the unclaimed prizes from last year (which are in Edmonton at Driscollad's place) as the raffle prizes for this...experiment.  That's also why I said we might have to reevaluate this use of the unclaimed prizes: if there's not a lot of interest in people attending in-person to watch in the viewing area, the raffle idea would simply fall through.

So yeah, I hope that clarifies what I meant.  Would you be able to change the quote in the first post, Tifa, to perhaps my previous paragraph, instead of my thoughtlessly worded initial quote?
Gotta Go Fast!
Ah okay, that makes more sense. First post updated with the paragraph.
twitch.tv/ryan
I'm looking to donate some stuff to give away; I was wondering if there'd be interest in some SFC RPG Carts - i've got a few DQ games, along with FF4-6 loose.  Thoughts?
Gotta Go Fast!
Oh wow, this is very generous of you. I'm sure people would be interested in this.

We could put 4 and 6 with their respective games and/or make it a huge prize: The DQ games together and the FF games together. Did you want these headed towards certain games? Let me know.

Also, do you have the boxes or is it just the carts?

Thank you again.
twitch.tv/ryan
Just the carts; I'd let folks decide where they go based on other prizes.  I think the only two games i've got boxed out of my SFC collection are Romancing Saga 3 and SMT If, not sure if those'd drive donations.  The main thing I was worried about when acquiring them was having working save batteries.  Glad to help Cheesy 
Gotta Go Fast!
One thing: Would it be possible to get pictures of the games? You could put them on tinypic and/or imgur. It's so that people can see the prizes during the marathon. Thanks in advance.