Contra III: The Alien Wars (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Easy]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'TheDrifter18'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Contra III: The Alien Wars (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Easy]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/Contra3-20170801/contra3easy-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2017-08-16 12:52:12 am
Professional Second Banana
A/V quality looks great to me.  Watched the submission side-by-side with the current Any% Easy run on site - the new and old runs were pretty even up through the end of Stage 4, after which the new run pulled ahead due to a different route for Stage 5 (dropped into a pit after the 1st alien lair to respawn on the other side and skip some walking, then picked up a replacement weapon before the boss) and some slightly faster boss fights in Stage 6.

Vote to Accept.
Edit history:
Elipsis: 2017-08-26 10:29:13 am
I am not the most well-versed Contra III viewer but this run looked excellent to me as far as movement and execution.  A/V quality was good looking all the way through, and it beats the old run so...

Accept
Formerly known as Skullboy
A/V is fine. No cheating detected.
I'm much more familiar with Contra and Contra: Hard Corps but I've watched a few Contra III runs over the years. Comparing this run with the current run shows the newer one is indeed faster in the latter half of the game though the brain fight appears slower. This is a definite improvement. I accept this run to obsolete the currently published run in this category.
I don't have much to add, but I watched and enjoyed this improvement, so I thought I'd still post something here. Overall, very smooth playing. Some minor mistakes and a few spots with bad RNG, but not much time lost. Well, after all it's an improvement over an already good run, so it's pretty much a no-brainer

Accept
Decision posted.
Roads? We don't need roads...
I think you put the wrong time down. You put 12:11 instead of 12:15. Maybe I timed it wrong but wanted to make sure.
Edit history:
IsraeliRD: 2017-10-15 09:05:39 am
Dragon Power Supreme
Timing starts when level 1 appears and ends when the game automoves characters on the missile at the end. Hope this helps you out Smiley
Edit: This makes the timing be frames 646 (00:10.767) to 44537 (12:22.283) = 12:11
Roads? We don't need roads...
Thats the timing I use. Strange. I will take your word on it though.