Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ContraHardCorps.html

Contra: Hard Corps (ntscus) (genesis) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Secret Ending] [Character: Browny]
Contra: Hard Corps (ntscus) (genesis) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Contra Hard Corps: Lab/Fight Path] [Character: Browny]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to David Heidman Jr.!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Contra: Hard Corps (ntscus) (genesis) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Secret Ending] [Character: Browny]
Contra: Hard Corps (ntscus) (genesis) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Contra Hard Corps: Lab/Fight Path] [Character: Browny]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/contrahardcorps-v_HQ.mp4
http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/contrahardcorpslabfight-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Edit history:
Eternalspirit: 2015-08-11 10:15:10 pm
Is this a TAS?

OK probably not a TAS. The gameplay looks damn impressive though. Accept both.
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-08-12 05:56:01 am
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
out of interest this is apparently played on a Genesis but I'm pretty sure the actual console could not render all the >>>>>>>>>>> in the firing line without missing every other > so it looks more like > > > > > >
Reference video: @ around 0:35 onwards

Is this actually an emulator or XBLA etc re-release?
Quote from Judgy:
out of interest this is apparently played on a Genesis but I'm pretty sure the actual console could not render all the >>>>>>>>>>> in the firing line without missing every other > so it looks more like > > > > > >
Reference video: @ around 0:35 onwards

Is this actually an emulator or XBLA etc re-release?

I don't see this game having been released on anything except the Mega Drive. Might be emulated.
The youtube video is running at 20 fps, so it shouldn't be used for comparison.  Use the encode on site, rather than the youtube video.  I'd do it, but I'm at work right now.  When I get home, I'll compare the two and play the game to get another comparison.
Quote from Slaughterhouserock:
The youtube video is running at 20 fps, so it shouldn't be used for comparison.  Use the encode on site, rather than the youtube video.  I'd do it, but I'm at work right now.  When I get home, I'll compare the two and play the game to get another comparison.

Just watched the HQ version of the encoded video. It's the same as this submitted run.
HELLO!
Yup. It's showing >>>>>>>>>>>>>> when you watch at 60 fps, but every other frame is >  >  >  >  >
Quote from presjpolk:
Yup. It's showing >>>>>>>>>>>>>> when you watch at 60 fps, but every other frame is >  >  >  >  >

That's probably by design. If they render only half of the shots each frame, they save GPU cycles, but it still appears as a constant stream while playing the game.
Quote from Eternalspirit:

Just watched the HQ version of the encoded video. It's the same as this submitted run.

yup my derp on the youtube video, forget I was here Tongue
Quote from Judgy:

yup my derp on the youtube video, forget I was here Tongue

All good. Smiley
HELLO!
Quote from presjpolk:

That's probably by design. If they render only half of the shots each frame, they save GPU cycles, but it still appears as a constant stream while playing the game.

Yup. Making the most of the hardware they had.
Quote from presjpolk:
Quote from presjpolk:

Yup. Making the most of the hardware they had.

Good 'ol 7.6 MHz. Wonder how long Windows 7 would take to load at that speed..

But I digress. I think it's safe to say that this run is legit (for the time being).
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-08-12 10:07:54 am
yup aside from the small burp along the way (which was my fault lol) this is a solid pair of runs.

A/V: Good
Cheating:none
Gameplay: Very very good, not much more to say

ACCEPT x 2

Good deal.  Saves me from doing the comparison. Tongue
These are improvements to already solid runs on the site. Overall, very well played (knowing who the runner is, this shouldn't come as a big surprise though).

Accept x2
Decision posted.