--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Contra Force (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Kyle 'Mr. K' Halversen!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Contra Force (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/contraforce-20150630/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Glad my fanboy lvls aren't THIS high
A/Vs: Game audio is fine; Commentary audio - no issues

Cheating: None found

Gameplay: I've seen this game ran a number of times, and the total lag in this game is asinine.  The sheer amount of lag reduction strats needed to get this game look as fast as it is now is quite a feat.  Each required character was used to its max necessary potential according to their strengths and usefulness on a per stage basis.  Even bosses were done strategically well (that stage 4 boss fight was plain silly).  All possible issues in the game were noted in the run comments as well as in the [hilarious] game commentary.  Overall, it's a pretty good run that is worthy of an accept.
Edit history:
Eternalspirit: 2015-07-25 12:16:00 am
You know it's a classic when you see NES lag. There is quite a lot of it in this run. I imagine playing this game "normally" is not likely a pleasant experience.

Accept.

Also, surely there was an easier way to secure plutonium than have the player walk across several planes in mid-flight...
The Dork Knight himself.
It's K, it's Contra, and he was Force'd to do it.

Accept
Quote from honorableJay:
It's K, it's Contra, and he was Force'd to do it.

Accept

/thread
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
K somehow put up with this game for any amount of time. Also +1 to honorableJay's verification. Accept.
Willing to teach you the impossible
I did not know k beat my time... Good job Mayor K.
Decision posted.