List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Contra.html

Contra (Any %) (Single Segment) [2 players]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Watching these runs being made at the Contra Conference was amazing in and of itself.  The thought, planning and everything else is not only apparent, but optimal.  Glaring APPROVAL all around.  There needs to be another conference for more of this goodness to happen again.  Bonus points if you know who is controlling which player without any help...

P.S.  There better be audio commentary.

Quote:
Oh yeah, this run has deaths, most of them are there to save time, but there is an accidental one that doesn't lose time (stage 4 boss).

A/V is good, nothing wrong on that front.

As for the run itself, there isn't much to say. It's just a really well-executed and planned run, and I'm glad we get to see some great results from the Contra conference. Smiley

Quote:
I saw this run happen live on stream and boy was it worth it.

This run has very, VERY small sub-optimal things here and there (partially just from playing it safe in some spots), however this run is soooooo good as a whole. This beats Heidman's 1 player run by about 4-5 seconds iirc, which should give you an idea on how fast this is.

It was a fun experience to watch the planning of this run (as well as the attempts) unfold live within the span of the 1 week they had to make this run a reality. It was especially fun to see them realize that deaths end up being faster; supposedly Mr. K kept waking Heidman up really early saying "I have like 3 new strats to try out" without fail. If another Contra Conference happens next year, I wholeheartedly recommend that people watch it. Super C is going down next time!

Oh, and accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to David Heidman Jr. and Kyle 'Mr. K' Halversen!
Thread title:  
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Woo! Grats, Heidman and K! Glad to finally see a co-op run happen!
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2013-03-04 06:03:52 pm
Heidrage: 2013-03-04 06:03:15 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote:
It was especially fun to see them realize that deaths end up being faster; supposedly Mr. K kept waking Heidman up really early saying "I have like 3 new strats to try out" without fail.

Yes, I was woken up nearly every day to either Mayor K telling me we have to try out some new strats or telling me him and Hurblat got a new best time. I shot many of them down at first but the fastest strats won in the end (nearly all of his ideas). I thought I was good at planning, he proved me dead wrong.

Quote:
Watching these runs being made at the Contra Conference was amazing in and of itself. There needs to be another conference for more of this goodness to happen again.

Quote:
I saw this run happen live on stream and boy was it worth it.

If another Contra Conference happens next year, I wholeheartedly recommend that people watch it. Super C is going down next time!

Wink
By Next year you mean 2013 right?  Like this year?  And by "next year" you mean immediately? 

(I might be a little Contra-starved.) 
This run is awesome and you should watch it as soon as you can.

Big shout outs to all the people who watched the Contra Conference (with zallard1 and garik16 as some of the MVPs).
Sandbagging
Congratulations guys! Smiley
Wow...when can I watch this?
Formerly known as Skullboy
Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing this.
The artist formerly known as Qxy
Oh man, another awesome Contra 2 player run! Whenever I get a chance to see these, I'm dropping everything to watch them. Congratulations guys.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
So epic.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from sinister1:
So epic.

QFT