Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Contra.html

Contra (ntscus) (nes) [Low %] [Single Segment] [2 players]

Verifier Responses

Quote from joecoolgames:
A/V: Great
No Cheating

This run is awesome and shows how two well trained players with peashooters can be just as, if not more, destructive than one guy with spread. Great team work between Heid and Dk. That bullet dodge at the top of waterfall looked so smooth and the recovery in Energy Zone was a bonus.

Only big improvement I can see for this would be base 2 boss glitch. The RNG was pretty ruthless in some areas such as the lag from spawns in Hangar but nothing cost an obscene amount of time.

Accept!

Quote from Deuceler:
A/V: Looks clean, sounds good

Cheating: None detected

Gameplay: The Vile Red Falcon never stood a chance. This run was the equivalent of Dutch and Dillon's handshake but without the estrogen. Chuck Norris had to quit watching during the waterfall when Bill jumped through an enemies bullets because he pissed himself. Base 2 boss narrowly dodged a Steven Segal sized roundhouse costing our boys some time, but the trucks in the snowfield made Jean Claude Van Damme hang up his splits and go home with his tail tucked between his legs. Lance did his best Dennis Rodman during the energy zone boss, and when he tried to tango got a slick double team. Maverick and Goose handed in their wings after witnessing the Hangar's execution, stating they had "clearly lost their edge." From there our heroes trudged on to the alien's lair and it was game over man, game over.

Quote from zallard1:
I only have 2 verification threads for 3 contra runs that seem to be available on the queue page. I've already posted my verification for 2p any%, so I'll post my verifications for 1p low% and 2p low% here.

A/V is good, no cheating.

1p low%: An incredibly strong improvement to a really brutal category. This run comes down to raw mashing power, incredible luck, and tight execution. All of which comes together masterfully for this run. Definite accept.

2p low%: This was the first run that I saw live at a contra conference. The run had 2 of the best Contra runners that are proficient in mashing take on probably the most mash heavy contra category around. Run was extremely strong the whole way through, only faltering slightly on the exo skip, which is understandable considering the pace.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jeremy 'DK28' Doll & David Heidman Jr.!
Thread title: