Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 26 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
presjpolk: Thanks! I'll get in touch with you about the bot. I can make you a modified version that does the same thing for Zelda II.

Heidrage: I just got tired of hearing "people don't like Contra games", because I knew it wasn't true. I was in that camp too for a while, but I think we're starting to show how wrong we were Smiley
worldoneone.com
13:03 as of a few minutes ago. I'm going to do another few attempts today, but that's my new PB Cheesy

I'll also put a link to the video when I'm done streaming.
Wow I am proud i am the 4th time in the list Smiley
Fighting like a Warrior
OK I have avatar now, of course nothing more to say
Edit history:
Hurblat: 2013-05-30 08:32:03 pm
Added some times I found in other places. If any of the runners whose times I added have better runs, or do not want their times here, tell me and I will fix it!

Edit: TheMexicanRunner, I hope this gives you motivation to get back up to 4th Smiley
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2013-05-30 08:34:51 pm
Heidrage: 2013-05-30 08:34:39 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Will someone else please take earn the #1 spot. I dont want it anymore.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
I would love to someday Heid - you're a dick Cheesy . I feel like some guy named Hurblat (anyone heard of him?) may be close.......
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from TheMexicanRunner:

Wooo, welcome to SDA TMR!! We gotta do some Contra races some time Cheesy
Weekly Contra races is something that needs to happen! I'm thinking around 3-4 EDT/EST on Saturdays or Sundays would be a good time for people in most time zones.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Hurblat:
Weekly Contra races is something that needs to happen! I'm thinking around 3-4 EDT/EST on Saturdays or Sundays would be a good time for people in most time zones.

I would totally do that. Ninja Gaiden ends, Manliness ensues.
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2013-05-31 09:59:48 pm
HELLO!
Oh my goodness.  So while I was borrowing Contra IRC code for Zelda 2, I noticed that all y'all's times were so low.  I thought 'hey, such a short game, maybe I'll try to learn it.'  Hurblat warned me there would be memorization involved, but I didn't think much of it.  So,  I fired it up pretty much blind. I'd watched a few speed runs but I'd never played past the middle of the first level.

Ooooh boy.

I quickly learned by having my face punched in, over and over, that this game is HUGE on memorization, and a speedrun is going to be WAY easier than a casual run.  My goodness.  I probably went at this for 45 minutes.  By the end I could fairly consistently take spread about halfway through the waterfall  But I run into trouble either if I miss the invincibility or when it runs out.

I think a blind run of this game is kind of pointless and I won't get back to it without a) watching other runs and b) using save states. Smiley

Forgot to add. I think Contra does seem like a really good speed run game, though I think I hate it as a casual game, heh.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Down to 11:25, hope to keep pushing it down a bit more before I really have to learn legit strats.
Personal text
Quote from TheMexicanRunner:

Welcome!
What is a man?
Holy shit.. I'm going to start learning it now, can't withstand the hype, waaaahh~~ (update coming)
Speedrunner
Got a 11:18 now with 2 deaths. They didnt cost that much. But one step closer to sub 11
Edit history:
zallard1: 2013-06-02 06:10:52 pm
zallard1: 2013-06-02 06:10:35 pm
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
12:27 with like a bajillion deaths in energy zone and hangar. No video this time cause I didnt do it on stream.

EDIT: Make that 12:24
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
10:28 today!  The most I've played since my visit out East.  Still in the middle of the house stuff though.  Once that's done, I'll be good for racing weekends...
Wow that's amazing, DK! Keep it up!
Edit history:
charleon: 2013-06-03 02:35:52 am
What is a man?
Okay, I've KINDA learnt level 1, 2 and 3 now, although I have some problems, which in itself makes me have MUCH more respect for everyone that runs this game, it looks so easy when everyone runs it, but god.. i was wrong:

Level 1:

Very inconsistent on the jump where the two powerups followed by a mounted wallturret are, I haven't learnt to mash hard to kill the turret during descent yet, so I guess i'll try to jump a bit earlier and jump over horisontal shots, rather than doing YOLO strats and jumping between a diagonal and horisontal shot.

Also Very inconsistent on the boss, his shots seems random, and getting in there is sometimes easy, sometimes you die, and sometimes you have to wiggle like crazy to get a SHOT at it (haha.ha..ha).

Level 2:

Mashing ... yeah.. I thought i did it pretty good, then i watched Heid's and Hurblat's PB:s and sulked in a corner.. and then came the boss, don't get me wrong, I can kill it, but I've yet to make a one-jump kill of all the targets and kill the main boss shortly after, whenever i have to do something other than mashing, .~getting Into tha rhytm~. get's extremely hard; I've got the gist of the level though.

Level 3:
The fire jump, I can't do it .. so I go safe strats there.
and killing the first waterfall man that throws the cluster thingey .. otherwise as long as i grab the invincibility (low for now) it's pretty straightforward.

I'm getting there.. slowly.. but i'm getting there Smiley
Willing to teach you the impossible
Just takes time, just like any other thing. The more you put into it, the better you will be.
HELLO!
Yeah, I'm not even too too worried about learning the pro strats at all right now.  I haven't even studied any runs. I'm just playing the levels through, trying to figure out reliable things that work.  Then when I can run the whole game, I'll worry about optimizing. Smiley
Speedrunner
nnnnnoooooo!

Got a 11:02 - Died on heart when he had like 3 hits left.
What is a man?
Quote from dxtr:
nnnnnoooooo!

Got a 11:02 - Died on heart when he had like 3 hits left.

I feel for ya dex, you SHOULD be streaming Wink
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from Hurblat:
Wow that's amazing, DK! Keep it up!

Thanks!  Base1 continues to haunt me...
Edit history:
Hurblat: 2013-06-05 09:50:02 am
Big congrats to TheMexicanRunner for getting a 10:48 yesterday!