Smiley
Sad
<- 123456789 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I have an external hard drive with usb 3.0 capability. Would I be able to send my captured gameplay to that? Also, I have a computer monitor that only has vga, dvi and hdmi. Are there reasonably priced adapters available for composite cables, or will I need to use another display?
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Yes you will be able to use an external drive.

As for composite to VGA etc, you might want to look at something like an iScan Pro: http://www.centretrading.com/eng/iscanpro.html

Doing this conversion is not gonna be cheap and will probably cost more than the EzCAP is worth.
Thanks for the speedy reply. I realize I worded my question poorly, since I also have a monitor with composite inputs that I can use. It is not as nice as my main monitor, but I imagine it should probably work for the resolution that the ps2 puts out.
PS2 outputs actual 480i video so you will be fine. It only ever outputs non standard 240p when running PS1 games.
Vanilla H is mai waifu
does this work with a dazzle instead of a EzCap ?
I have a Dazzle DVC 100 actually.
Quote from zebdal:
does this work with a dazzle instead of a EzCap ?
I have a Dazzle DVC 100 actually.

Yes. Just follow from step 5 after you have set up the cables and installed the Dazzle with its own drivers.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2013-06-30 10:15:32 am
Is EzCap the same as EasyCap? Because I have EasyCap.

Can this all be done with EasyCap?
CHOKES
EasyCap is the old name of EzCap. Apparently they changed because too many people were making pirate versions of it. Currently, if you buy an EasyCap, chances are they're pirated.

Anyway, with the exception of the driver installation, which is usually different for each device, the tutorial should work the same or very similar for any composite capture device.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2013-06-30 10:16:22 am
p-p-j: 2013-06-29 09:37:30 am
p-p-j: 2013-06-29 09:24:42 am
Ok. I now have everything downloaded and installed, VirtualDub isn't working very good for me Sad It lags very much and screen flickers black. I have only one splitter and it is attached to the video cable thing.
EDIT: nvm.
EDIT: It is lagging again Sad

I can't select YUY2 at the custom format place :/ It says my capture device doesn't support the selected video format.. So I need to get that EzCap? Or is there abother way?

Is there any person that could help me with my problem?
What does your capture device select in custom format? Do you get a picture?
Just use that. The official EzCAP is YUY2 but they are very similar in color space.

You can still use Lagarith lossless codec with UYVY. Still set the mode to YUY2.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2013-06-30 10:18:02 am
Ok but it still is laggy and flickers black screen

Is there a way to fix the lag and flickering?

Is there a place where I can get answers a little bit more quick? I'm sorry that I can't wait but this annoys me. I really want my quality test done. Should I pm admins for help or do I just wait here for an answer?

If you are reading this now, tell me should I make a thread of this issue or wait here for answer. Thank you.
Without being an official product I cannot really troubleshoot the problem. Does it lag or flicker in the supplied software?

Make sure you are not listening to audio through VirtualDub.
Yes it lags in the software. And no, I'm not listening to the audio through VirtualDub.
Your only option might be to buy the actual EzCAP from page 1. You more than likely have some very cheap chinese variant.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2013-06-30 12:45:24 pm
Ok :/ Thanks for the help anyway.

Is it ok to record with a good camera? I mean a really good camera that gets a way more better video of the screen than EasyCap/EzCap.
No.
Edit history:
p-p-j: 2013-06-30 01:45:47 pm
p-p-j: 2013-06-30 01:45:47 pm
Ok, I'll buy EzCap then.
Edit history:
p-p-j: 2013-06-30 01:53:40 pm
p-p-j: 2013-06-30 01:51:52 pm
p-p-j: 2013-06-30 01:47:35 pm
This is a different Amazon website, but the same product, I think. Is it the same original EzCap? I just want to be sure that this is not a copied version now. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006QZ97DY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1372621345&sr=8-1&pi=SL75
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2013-06-30 03:02:48 pm
That's the one! Smiley

I really need to update the first post with up to date shopping links!

Also just me or does that link you sent look not like a proper Amazon website? I got the same thing when directly going through Amazon to search for EzCAP. They must be having formatting issues.

Edit: If you don't have any splitters or rca cables you may want to get the "EzGamer" bundle which includes everything you need: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EZCAP-TV-116-EzGAMER-composite-Definition/dp/B007C88ISY/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372626097&sr=1-1&keywords=ezcap
Edit history:
p-p-j: 2013-06-30 03:47:18 pm
p-p-j: 2013-06-30 03:45:57 pm
p-p-j: 2013-06-30 03:45:26 pm
Thank you so much Cheesy Totally getting it!
Edit history:
lecorbak: 2013-07-05 09:12:47 am
lecorbak: 2013-07-05 09:12:23 am
Vanilla H is mai waifu
I tried with my dazzle :

2 things happened to me :

1) the video I obtain with lagarith lossless codec has interlacing

2) I followed the guide and after this on anri-chan :
"You will now be asked for avi#2. If you only have one source file you can simply type n and press enter. If you have more than one source file repeat the above steps till all have been inserted and end with n."
the program fail (when I press n and validate).
And I have the message :
Quote:
There was a problem loading the videos.

I dragged and dropped the video as the guide says, so the problem shouldn't be the location.

on verifysource.log, I have :
Quote:
vdub NullVideoPass failed
vdub NullVideoPass failed

on verifysource.avs, I have :
Quote:
import("D:\Prog\anrichan3.3\plugins\plugins.avs")
try{import("C:\Users\lolilol\Desktop\lol.avi_source.avs")}catch(err_msg){WriteFileStart(blankclip,"C:\Users\lolilol\Desktop\lol.avi_verifysource.log","err_msg",append=true)}
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "Width:" """,                  "last.Width",                  append=false)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "Height:" """,                  "last.Height",                  append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "FrameCount:" """,              "last.FrameCount",              append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "FrameRate:" """,              "last.FrameRate",              append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "FrameRateNumerator:" """,      "last.FrameRateNumerator",      append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "FrameRateDenominator:" """,    "last.FrameRateDenominator",    append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "AudioRate:" """,              "last.AudioRate",              append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "AudioLength:" """,            "last.AudioLength",            append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "AudioLengthF:" """,            "last.AudioLengthF",            append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "AudioChannels:" """,          "last.AudioChannels",          append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "AudioBits:" """,              "last.AudioBits",              append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "IsAudioFloat:" """,            "last.IsAudioFloat",            append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "IsAudioInt:" """,              "last.IsAudioInt",              append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "HasAudio:" """,                "last.HasAudio",                append=true)
WriteFileStart("mediainfo.log",  """ "HasVideo:" """,                "last.HasVideo",                append=true)
trim(0,-1)

and on media info, I have :
Quote:
Width:640
Height:480
FrameCount:1433
FrameRate:25.000000
FrameRateNumerator:25
FrameRateDenominator:1
AudioRate:48000
AudioLength:2753222
AudioLengthF:2753222.000000
AudioChannels:2
AudioBits:16
IsAudioFloat:false
IsAudioInt:true
HasAudio:true
HasVideo:true
interlaced is correct for interlaced source. anri/yua deinterlaces.

what happens if you open virtualdub (in the anri program files folder) and drag and drop the second video on the virtualdub window to open?

also have you tried yua?
Vanilla H is mai waifu
the video opens and works of virtualdub.

I haven't tried yua