--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-09-13 01:50:58 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Commander Keen Episode III: Keen Must Die! (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Arturs 'Xarthok' Demiters!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Commander Keen Episode III: Keen Must Die! (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/keen3-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 13, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Balls jerky
There's a couple seconds of a failed attempt before the video starts, but I'm sure it'll get taken care before prime time. If I'm being super nitpicky, there looked like a jump or two in the first level that could've been done without hesitation. 2nd stage is pretty much perfect except for the last drop to the door where he didn't move far enough at first so there's a little stutter step. Final boss was jaw droppingly good. Loved it! Easy Accept.
HELLO!
OK um I have no idea what sorcery goes on with the teleporters in the middle there but it looks like we're just skipping most of the game there?  We do two levels then get to the end boss?  In any case I was shocked to find out just how short this is.

Looks smoothly executed.  I never played CK3 but I had the first one, so I know how the pogo works. Smiley

Video's fine. I see no cuts or evidence of cheating.  The sound is a bit rough but to be expected for this DOS game.

Good stuff. Accept
Balls jerky
Yeah. All the levels are on islands so you use the teleporters to get around. If you know where they go you've only gotta beat one level to access a teleporter, then zip around to the island housing the final boss, beat the level obstructing said boss, and, finally, foil your archnemesis Mortimer McMire and free the enslaved Vorticons after doing a minimal amount of work.
It's pretty standard of Keen games to have fewer mandatory than optional levels, but this is pretty excessive :>

While there's a few small mistakes, none of them cost any time worth mentioning. Easy accept.
Might be magic...
Looks great, no cheating detected and route seems good.

Accept
HELLO!
OK so it wasn't even a glitch. It was just... very lazy map design as they finished off the series Cheesy
This looks really nice, there were about two little mistakes that I noticed watching this one time, a pogo jump that came off as a regular one and falling on top of the exit door. The jumping in the mountain level is very tight and the last level goes very smoothly.

Accept
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Never played this one, but the mistakes are few and the boss fight looks awesome.  Haha, (paraphrasing) "those Vortigaunts you haven't slaughtered", that's great.  Accept.
Yeah, that ending text is pretty special.  The run looks good, and the A/V is about as good as could be expected.  Accept
Gamer and stitcher
Seems good to me.  I've played the game a few times and boy is that end boss hard.  He did great!
1-Up!
Decision posted.