1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CommanderKeen1.html

Commander Keen Episode I: Marooned on Mars (Any %) (Single Segment)
Commander Keen Episode I: Marooned on Mars (100 %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V good on both videos, no cheating detected. The Any% run is very well done. I time it to be 3:52, and I will give it an accept. As for the 100% run, while it is mostly good, the time lost in the first ice shrine is quite a lot, even if the runner acknowledged it in their comments, I think I'm going to have to reject that one, it just makes for a bad moment to watch.

Quote:
A/V good. No cheating.

Any%:
Timing starts at 0:02 and ends at 3:54 (with the level end beeping), so 3:52.

Movement looks really good, making some jumps that are obviously easy to fail. Keen's momentum and input delay makes him control kinda bad. Solid run.

100%
The start is a bit strange, it's like it cuts from one piece of footage to another (the way the game start sound plays on top of the menu screen) so I'd say it starts at 0:01 already (around the last two notes of that little melody). Ends at 11:34, so time was 11:33.

The run looks really good before the Ice Shrine mishap. I'd say the first bad luck sequence (and can you make that first jump over the area with the two green guys in the bottom too?) costs around 14 seconds and the missed jump after the yellow door costs another 2 seconds. That's quite a lot for a run this short. There is further room for improvement in e.g. the Red City, although that's a particularly long and arduous level, but all in all there is such a margin for improvement that I'd like the runner to take a little time off and then go smash this time.

Any%
Accept
100%
Reject

Quote:
Sorry, don't have much to add. any% is great, 100% is not great. Accept, reject.

Quote:
The any% run is quite excellent. Most certainly accept that one.

As I started watching the 100% run I was inclined to accept the run as the start was quite good, but that mishap in the ice shrine... Sad
I'm going to also reject this run as well, but please make another run!

Quote:
I'm with my fellow verifiers, the any% is excellence in a bottle, and the 100%'s big mistake just enough to make it reject-worthy.  Hopefully the runner is up for taking another shot at it down the line.

Decision: Accept the any%, Reject the 100%

Reason: Verifiers laid it out pretty cleanly, the any% is quite impressive and the 100% is bogged down by more severe errors.

Congratulations to Arturs 'Xarthok' Demiters!

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work. (100% run)
http://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/572
Thread title: