--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ClockTower.html

Clock Tower: The First Fear (ntscj) (psx) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Bad Ending]
Clock Tower: The First Fear (ntscj) (psx) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Reason: Accepting the H ending (labeled Bad Ending above), reject the S ending, per verifiers' recommendations.

Congratulations to Ivan 'Kakyoin-Noriaki' Pais!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Clock Tower: The First Fear (ntscj) (psx) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Bad Ending]
Clock Tower: The First Fear (ntscj) (psx) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/clock%20tower%20first%20fear-v.mp4
http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/Clock%20Tower%20First%20Fear%20japanese%20version%20Playstation%20network%20version%20S%20ending-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 6, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
playe: 2015-02-21 10:09:54 am
I'll start with the S ending and then go onto the H ending.

S Ending A/V is good but the route is so unbearably bad that I need to reject this one. He kills Laura off which is alone slower even on the playstation version, gets the cloak in the hiding room instead of the phone room, gets items he doesn't even need and makes multiple trips between the east and west wings of the mansion when you want to make as few as possible.

H Ending a/v is fine but I'm a little bit skeptical about this being an emulator screen capture. Execution looks fine, although I'm not QUITE sure if the quick bobby leave in the garage is possible on the PSX version, I doubt it though because they changed a lot with this remake. Accept as long as it's actually a console recording and not an emulator screen capture.

Final decision: Reject S ending run and conditional accept for H ending run.
Okay execution doesn't seem to have any mistakes in either one. That's about all I can say though. The H ending video is smaller than the other one for some reason.

accept?
S ending: I know they changed some things in the Playstation version, but that route really was awful. Completely unnecessary roaming and some other stuff that isn't required at all. Going to the bathroom to find Laura was a gigantic red flag too, because Ann is always faster. Heck, in my experience with the Playstation version, you can randomly lose S ending runs to the scream hallway(s) if you find Laura, so there's no good reason to do it.

H ending: Seemed fine to me. I've never been able to run right past Bobby in the Playstation version, but I'll admit that I only tried it a few times. Never got the impression Playe did about emulation, though I immediately thought the load times were unnaturally long (for whatever that might be worth).

Decision: Reject S ending, but leaning toward accept for H ending.
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Thought I'd comment on the video quality/playe's comment.

S: It's PSN version so you're allowed to encode at D1. Looks to be HDMI captured at 480p which is close to the best you will get.
H: Originally I agreed with playe in saying this was emulator screen capture but after looking back, it looks like it was also done on PSN like S (or is actually a very good screen capture). Did the runner do both videos? If so, just find it weird that he completely changed his naming structure. If it was a different runner, might be worth asking what their capture setup is since he encoded it progressively which points to HDMI 480p from PSN.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2015-03-08 05:22:17 pm
Not a walrus
Same runner, yes. Right now the queue won't group runs together if the runners are different.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
Watched these earlier was gunna hold back on my decision but decided to come back and give my 2cents

S Ending = Reject [Due to bad routing]
H Ending = Accept [Providing the capture details are described and found to be acceptable]
Decision posted.