Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Any %) (Single Segment) (ntscus) (xb360) [Character: Richter]

Verifier Responses

Quote from ShadowDraft:
5:19 the dream! This run is almost flawless and the movement execution looks sweet as hell. There may be no boss quick kills but even with all of them there would only be ~3 seconds gained.

Easy accept!

Quote from PJ:
This run is ridiculous.  I think Mecha missed like...one air slash during the entire run?  Basically flawless execution for the entire run.  Missed the quick kills, but that's not his fault.

Definitely accept.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
A/V good.

Duh.

Quote from zex:
A/V is good

For the sake of nit-pickiness here's what I noticed:

Entrance: Flawless execution. Could do some sliding in between 2nd and 3rd wargs in 1st room to save some frames but zombies are a bitch.

Alchemy Lab: 1 extra airslash into the overhang before spittle bone/axe knight room

Chapel: Perfect other than missed quick kill

Keeps: Uppercut in wrong direction after warp. Gets oob like a champ! Had a little laugh when I heard the missed airslash in the loading room.

Reverse chapel: Almost perfect. Door boss gets in the way a little after Medusa fight leading to extra jump.

Colosseum: That minotaur strategy is amazing! Just one missed airslash at the end.

Olrox's: Interesting setup for the zig zag. I want to see this room without Richter's feet touching the ground! but definitely effective nonetheless.

Shaft: Almost had a heart attack during this fight. That crit with the airslash at the end is the stuff of legend.

So, major time losses here are the missed quick kills, but the excellent execution makes up for that. Even more impressive to me is the optimization in this run. I am always amazed by how you are able to take TAS strats and make them both consistent, and [relatively] safe in real time. Great run! Definite accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Todd 'Mecha Richter' Foreman!
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
I predict sub-5:19 in a week, and 3 broken 360 controllers in the process.
What is a man?
That is one lean mean, richter-machine run! grats Mecharichter. I had the privilege to watch this live and oh boy did it look good.
This run will be extremely hard to improve
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
Congrats Mecha!
HELLO!
Quote from SDAVerification:
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

It's about time this game is getting on SDA Kappa
Waiting hurts my soul...
Super sweet! Good job Mecha! Any chance this bumps the old PS1 run? If not, then at least this is there to give a more visually pleasing experience.
Haters gonna hate
Thanks everyone! I was reluctant on submitting this run because after observing it some more, it's not as good as I would like it to be.  I think I could squeeze out a 5:15.

Also, I'm not sure why it says the page doesn't exit because it totally does. And my old 5:41 run obsoleted the PS1 run a couple years ago.
Not a walrus
Quote from Mecha Richter:
Also, I'm not sure why it says the page doesn't exit because it totally does.

puwexil