Smiley
Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
You can probably find a library that can convert your VHS to DVD. If you're really finished, I'm interested in using your route. As soon as I have the Day 1 Holy Water/White Crystal down, I'll be gold.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Yeah, I'm done. My speedrunning of this game was more out of curiosity to find the best route rather than the tightest execution. I'm sufficiently satisfied now that this route is at or very near optimal, so all that remains is grinding it over and over to get a good execution, and I don't have the will for that anymore.

Also, knowing that a no-deaths version of this route is feasible, I think a run that reaches that goal should be the next submission. If that happens, the record will probably stand forever.
I want off the ride....
sorry to dig this back up; but i was curious so I went a searching for a thread. Now i'm just deeply curious, what are the heart rates of those damn guys off to the left from the start. I ask this because I was trying out your no death strat, and seeing how well it'd work. And generally its not looking too good. The amount of luck needed is well just crazy to buy the crystal JUST BEFORE first nightfall. You have 9 screen transitions... To get your 13 hearts. so i donno what the chances of 13/18 possible are for this. The reason I know this is just rout practice. I was trying to get your strat down,a nd it works just about as fast as getting hit. But anyway, with the deaths method you have the ability to use up to 11-12 transitions. I say this because thats how i measured it. It takes about 3 screen transitions to get to the crystal/holy water guys. So the max for farming the hearts you have til nightfall after getting the holy water is only about 12 transitions. 9 is the most you can do and make it back to the sellers before nightfall. I think in the run on sda it takes only about 8or9 to get the # of hearts before it buys the both and heads off on its journey. It seems like the deathless run requires soo much more luck.

Can anyone tell me about how lucky i'd need to be to get 13/18? if we know how often those guys drop... I'm just curious cause I thought i'd spend my week of speed running (nes style for the comp) on something I could actually submit or something. And deathless Simon's Quest just intrigues me, and I would like to put my skills on the line to test.