Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Jaguar King'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/cv2br_v2/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 23, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
DeMoNFLiP84: 2014-03-09 11:19:21 am
A Serious Noob
I expected to see this run submitted here on SDA. I saw this run on YouTube already a few days after I submitted my own run on this game.

A/V is good and I don't detect any cheating involved.

In brief detail, I can understand why the runner selected Cloud Castle as the first stage because of that tough jump across the moving platforms and ropes in one of the sections that may end the run if not timed properly. In Rock Castle, damage boosting through the spikey room section obviously saves some time instead of doing the normal method. In Dracula's Castle 1, another tough jump that may end the run was executed perfectly. I've practice that jump few times myself and the timing has to just right. Most of the boss battles was performed and done quickly without sacrificing too much health into doing so. Lastly the Final Battle, I like the fact that the runner landed some extra hits despite of the hazards and the use of the Axe was very helpful in beating Dracula.

In short, there is nothing negative to say about this run other than the fact that the whole run was planned out and executed very well with the use of damage boosting to get through the levels quickly. I believe this run is as fast as you can get that is not a TAS. Good job to the runner!

ACCEPT!
A/V: I watched the cropped version and it seems like too much was cropped from the lower part of the video. Not a big deal, but if it's fixable, I suggest doing so. Just for the sake of being complete, my video player (sm) did chop more than usual when watching the video. When replaying a section with a chop in it, it was gone though. I just mentioned this in case more people experience the same thing (or maybe it's just my computer that can handle the framerate?).

When I saw the runner's name on the statID, I knew this would be a good watch. The speed of the game itself makes it kind of contradictory to "speedrunning" though... Anyways, this is great. Tightly played throughout with only minor mistakes and they are easily forgivable in my eyes as they are either because of difficult sections or because a run of this length (27 min) will always contain a few imprecisions. The routing also looks great. Even without knowing a lot about the game, it was evident that extra risk was taken in some places to cut time and a lot of attention went into even minor details to find the fastest way across.

ACCEPT
Is PJ
A/V looks good.

This game has a really good soundtrack.  It makes watching it a lot more tolerable.

I was really impressed by this run.  The runner's health management and damage boosts were really smart, and the runner incorporated a lot of movements that appear to be very tight.  The boss strats were clearly planned out well.  Even though this game is incredibly slow-paced, I was really entertained for the entire run.  For perspective, I wasn't even planning on verifying this but wanted to check the statID to see who ran it.  I didn't want to stop watching after the run began.  Haha.

The run was quite clean throughout, missing a few whips here and there and taking an unintentional hit or two.  Those mistakes are definitely acceptable.  The strong execution throughout far outweighs those minor mistakes.

ACCEPT
Willing to teach you the impossible
Easy accept.
Formerly known as Skullboy
I played through most of the game on emulator. I watched the run. A/V was good. No cheating detected. Accept. Excellent run.
Decision posted.
The Dork Knight himself.
Not sure if anyone noticed, but the video's framerate is 119fps. That might explain why some people were getting video chop.