1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (Any %) (Individual Level) [No Zips, Character: Simon, New Game+]
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (Any %) (Individual Level) [No Zips, Character: Soma, New Game+]
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (Any %) (Individual Level) [No Zips, New Game+, Multiplayer]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V: was good so no cheats detected

Soma run

The soma Run was very well made, it was a good idea to use the ray bean and fire wheel  to reduce enemies in you way, also great skull jumps, since then can get the stages so much faster, it was really interesting to see the air kick + ground dash to see an "air dash" since you gain speed.

what i noticed is that the in the author's comment it says on the timer in stage 6: 1:10:82 when in the game it says 2:10:82 dunno if its typo or anything, hopefully this can be cleared

total time for this run in-game: is 5:72:34 which can also be read as 6:12:34.

either way for now i say: ACCEPTED

Simon Run

PJ awesome run, really, this is how  everyone should use a belmont, being a hard CV fan this was my favorite run to watch since its simon, gotta love the dagger spam it was god-like. It was a really good idea to lure the enemies to make use of the double jump since you cant use the skelleton heads shortcut like soma can.

the total time for this run was of: 6:17:27

This run has been: ACCEPTED

Multiplayer run:

it was a really great run to watch, and fast too haha, but there is not much i can say about this one, because you guys just did way too good, it was cool too see mecha playing as well haha.

This run has been: ACCEPTED

Quote:
Soma (Aftermath), Singleplayer:

A/V: Great
No cheating detected.

Overall the levels were very well done. Most of the corner boosts were hit across all levels. The only large mistake, which was still pretty minor, was Aftermath mistiming a dive kick in the first Medusa Head room in Chapter 6. This resulted in a slide which cost him about a second. He did make up for this later in the level by hitting almost every corner boost that level.

The only problem I have with this IL set is Chapter 2. At the end of the level after the boss dies Aftermath spins the camera around frantically while waiting on the chest to spawn.

Lastly, the note about the author's comments that the above verifier has pointed out was most probably a typo.

Times for each Chapter are as follows:

0:01:18.27
0:01:13.85
0:00:34.62
0:00:40.43
0:00:54.35
0:02:10.82

Decision: Accepted. While I'd rather not have the spinning camera in Chapter 2 there is no signs of cheating. Total time is 0:06:52.34

Simon (PJ), Singleplayer:

A/V: Good. Not as good in terms of video quality as Aftermath's videos, but still good quality.
No cheating detected.

All the levels were really well done. There was a slight bump of the camera in Chapter 1, but that isn't anything to gripe about. The only mistakes, if you can call them mistakes, are some missed corner boosts.

Times for each Chapter is as follows:

0:01:19.64
0:01:19.88
0:00:54.22
0:00:56.03
0:00:56.22
0:02:11.28

Decision: Accepted. Really well done, PJ. Total time is 0:07:37.27

Soma (Aftermath), Simon (PJ) with guest appearances from Soma (Mecha Richter) in Chapters 3 and 5; Multiplayer

Aftermath's videos:

A/V: Great
No cheating detected.

PJ's videos:

A/V: Good
No cheating detected.

Overall the multiplayer runs were really well done. There were some parts where one player was slightly slower than the other (Due to input errors or circumstances that were out of their control) but it's a given that there will be instances of this when it comes to multiplayer. There's very little room for improvement with the current strats and these runs are already amazing.

I would like to see Mecha Richter credited in the runs, as well as his view for the levels he participated in, but seeing as he was only called in for starting position advantages (i.e. in Chapter 5 Mecha Richter spawned in the player 1 position so Aftermath could spawn in the player 3 position to go up the Shanoa-only path) I can see why videos weren't submitted for his point of view.

Times for each Chapter are as follows:

0:01:20.68
0:00:58.50
0:00:35.31
0:00:41.14
0:00:45.42
0:02:12.05

Decision: Accepted. Total time is 0:06:33.10

Final thoughts: Amazing runs all around. These runs get my stamp of approval. I've gone through these videos multiple times with a fine comb to try to find a reason to reject them but I don't see why they shouldn't be on the site. Also. the above verifier forgot that adding time is different than adding regular numbers. lol

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Patrick 'PJ' DiCesare,  James 'Aftermath' Downing, & Todd 'Mecha Richter' Foreman!
Thread title:  
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Ultra hyped to watch these! Congrats everyone!
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
At long last.

For those who haven't followed this, previously, we got some great runs submitted, but it was withdrawn since the runner mentioned how the runs, can still be better!  Now that we have the runs finally submitted, I can't wait to see the runs.  It is going to be a long wait until it is posted; especially considering that we have three sets of runs.
Edit history:
ozzy88: 2012-11-06 08:06:35 am
Sweeet! Excellent speedruns incoming!

Congratulations PJ and Aftermath!

Edit:

And good job Mecha Richter! ^^'
Edit history:
PJ: 2012-11-06 01:07:09 am
Is PJ
Oh damn, I missed the boat on verifying Aftermath's runs.  Thanks to everybody for verifying these!

I can say with total confidence that Aftermath's times are about as fast as we'll see.  Whenever I would get even remotely close to his times, he kept pushing them lower.  His chapter 6 is incredible!  Once I beat his time with Simon, he went back and crushed mine by like another 2 seconds in the same day.  You definitely need to check out his IL table.  The video quality and play quality demand it.

The multiplayer runs can be improved with more time and different characters.  Julius is a lot faster than Simon in most of these levels (ch2), and some of the other levels had some execution errors (ch5, ch6).  I was totally burnt out after improving ch6 but just wanted to get *something* submittable before I quit the game for awhile, so this is what we came up with.

I also agree that Mecha Richter should be credited in the MP run since he did play in two of the levels.  His video wasn't submitted for the reasons the second verifier mentioned (his actions in those levels, like mine, were completely inconsequential).

Thanks again!  Definitely check out these runs when they're posted.  Aftermath recaptured all of mine so they are godly quality.  Cheesy

Edit:  MAS8705, all of my videos are uploaded on youtube in this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7AC15544C707C845&feature=mh_lolz

The video quality isn't as good as it will be on SDA, but it'll do.  That playlist also has bonus runs of chapters 7, 8, and 9 that were not submitted to SDA.
Edit history:
Exo: 2012-11-06 03:55:46 am
Sandbagging
Congrats PJ & Aftermath & Mecha! Now time for some zips ;P
Congratz to PJ, Aftermath and Mecha Richter! These are amazing runs. You guys should really check them out.
Quits halfway
Neat, I'm glad all of these got through!

I pretty much reciprocate what PJ said about my times, he kept finding new strats to inch his way closer to my Soma's times. Because of that, I'd say his play quality really surpasses mine in most places. We calculated out how long his additional routes and on some of the levels his times are faster than mine if you discount that extra time. Ch5 is a good example of his quality bar vs. mine.

That said though, I don't think my 3 and 4 can be improved.

Verifier 2: I also don't like Ch2. I thought you were going to point out the missed corner boost and the fact that I took the easy Yorick jump (bouncing 3 times instead of 2); although I actually only took this run because I flailed the camera.

There are a few stages in multiplayer to improve (Ch2 has a faster MP run on youtube), but because it takes so long to warm up, it's difficult to schedule out how many hours we need. I think all of the 2p chapters took much longer than anticipated, especially Ch4 for me. The 1/3/4 times may be slower than 1p, but we really hit the absolute limit on those since we really didn't want to lose to my 1p times.

I was pretty sure I put Mecha on all of the statIDs of the videos I sent in, I can just re-encode if I didn't. I was under the impression that Mecha was sending in his videos as well, but I guess that just fell through?

Thanks again for verifying, hopefully everyone enjoys the runs once they're posted!
Is PJ
Quote from Aftermath:
There are a few stages in multiplayer to improve (Ch2 has a faster MP run on youtube), but because it takes so long to warm up, it's difficult to schedule out how many hours we need. I think all of the 2p chapters took much longer than anticipated, especially Ch4 for me. The 1/3/4 times may be slower than 1p, but we really hit the absolute limit on those since we really didn't want to lose to my 1p times.

This.  Very this.  It takes so long to warm up to a point where we are triangle jumping with good speed, aiming corner boosts correctly, and BDC mashing at a good rate, that we don't really have very long to do attempts before one of us has to leave.  Time zone doesn't help things.

I can never quit this game forever, especially since the DLC IL table isn't complete, so I'm sure when I inevitably return to this game I'll force Aftermath and Mecha to do some more multiplayer runs.

Quote from "Aftermath:
I pretty much reciprocate what PJ said about my times, he kept finding new strats to inch his way closer to my Soma's times. Because of that, I'd say his play quality really surpasses mine in most places. We calculated out how long his additional routes and on some of the levels his times are faster than mine if you discount that extra time. Ch5 is a good example of his quality bar vs. mine.

That said though, I don't think my 3 and 4 can be improved.

On the other hand, most of my runs have at least one major mistake in them.  Either a massive corner boost that I missed, or a bad boss pattern, or some bad execution late in the run.  Because of the luck that is needed for Simon to beat the levels, I just had to deal with whatever came afterwards.  Since Soma just tears through the levels however/whenever he wants, Aftermath pushed his times way closer to the limit.  Chapters 3 and 4 are ridiculous.  I tried doing a run of Chapter 5 with Soma so Aftermath didn't have to (because I actually really enjoy that stage), but he did wayyyy better than my best Soma time.  In fact, he consistently did way better.  Haha.

Long story short, most of the viewers won't really appreciate how rare these runs are, but they are still really great to watch.  I'm looking forward to seeing these at full framerate when they're posted!
I've been wanting to see speedruns of this game for I don't know how long.
The final boss fight for the Simon run is so PJ.
Is PJ
"This long slumber has given me strength."
"Hello."