List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Castlevania.html

Castlevania (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from ShadowDraft:
Good A/V quality. No cheating detected.
This run is simply amazing to watch. Only a few mistakes as mentioned in the runners comments and stupid rng. I've watched this grind a lot live and the dedication from kissmyafrocard is awesome. Big props to him but also to funkdoc who essentially made this possible.

Easy accept from me.

Quote from Boxfat:
I apologize for not having much to say, but this run really does speak for itself.

Audio is great, video's good for NES capture.

This run is the combination of a ton of tricks and great execution.

Timing is correct.

Accept!

Quote from honorableJay:
Great A/V quality, critical hit shenanigans detected (otherwise no cheating).

This run is.............well, just wow. Watching this run alongside funkdoc's old run shows just how hard is it to improve a good run of this game. It isn't until after the 3rd/4th stages that funkdoc starts to lose time. Up until then both runs were trading back and forth by less than 1/2 second. Then in the final stage, just before the Dracula fight funkdoc takes a 1.5 second lead which had me scratching my head (watching 2 runs side by side can be a tad confusing). So how does funkdoc lose? Well, after reviewing the footage and checking over the run notes, apparently it took a behemoth amount of luck and expert execution. The critical hit mechanism in CV is not easy to pull off, but this run does it twice in the final Drac fight, which allows afro to take down both forms of Dracula before the Dr. of Funk can finish off the first form and gives afro a 15-ish second lead.

This run proves that taking the time to smash open a brick wall and eating a 100yr old piece of pork actually does give you super powers.

Accept.

As for timing, even though I got an 11:48.52, my timing is probably a frame or two off so I'll agree with everyone else (not like a frame matters in this case).

Quote from ozzy88:
A/V: Acceptable!
Cheating: None!
Beats the current run: Yes!
Insane strategies: Yes!
WOW-factor: WOW!...I mean yes!

It's been a pleasure watching the attempts live. The high consistency with the stages and the low with the critical hits made for a lot of runs that got very far and all came down to the final fight. I hope we get to see more from kissmyafrocard in the future!

Decision: Accept!

Quote:
I don't want to hold this up anymore.  I'll keep it short and sweet.  There is no reason this should not be an ACCEPT.  The use of criticals is quite entertaining.  Very well done.

Quote from RedArremer:
Sorry for the wait, I've been having hard drive issues.

I saw this run being completed live, it's amazing and there's no reason to not accept it.

Congrats, afro!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'kmafrocard'!
Thread title:  
Get over here!
Congrats kmac! Cheesy
Edit history:
Onin: 2013-12-19 07:32:33 am
How long did this take to go from submission to verified? Smiley
Smörgåsbord
Congrats dude! Amazing run!
Edit history:
RedArremer: 2013-12-19 07:53:08 am
Edit: Nevermind, misread.

Anyway, congrats again!
Not a walrus
Quote from Onin:
How long did this take to go from submission to verified? Smiley

Took about two days to get through verification, and about 24 hours to get 6 verifiers.
Thank you all! This has been quite an experience to go from casual speed running with no viewers to being able to get a run accepted to SDA. Thank you to all the verifiers and folks who watched the hundereds (maybe 1000's) of resets.
Is PJ
Congrats, kmac!  I had a blast watching your attempts.  The final run is unreal!
Strange days, incredible days
This is a sick run, nice work.
Formerly known as Skullboy
Looking forward to seeing this. Congrats Kmaf!
Haters gonna hate
This run is amazing.
I don't type in your chat very often but I have been actively watching these attempts and following your progress late at night.  Great work!  I'm incredibly happy for you, Afrocard.
spread the dirt to the populace
to win at castlevania you need to be a fan of a midwest football team that's never won a super bowl

afrocard rules, still can't believe the time has gotten THIS low. this also won't be the last you'll see of him on NES vania... =)
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Josh the Funkdoc:
to win at castlevania you need to be a fan of a midwest football team that's never won a super bowl

afrocard rules, still can't believe the time has gotten THIS low. this also won't be the last you'll see of him on NES vania... =)

Calling all Bengals and Lions fans Wink

Much respect Kmac, loving the CV runs.
Learning to Stream
When will this become viewable? I periodically check to see if it pops up as I am really eager to see this new run, but I keep seeing the old one on the game page. x.x
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Probably this?  (I put the runner's name into Google)