Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 37 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Okay so it CAN be on Youtube. I just have to send him a link to the videos correct? I have ~8parts uploaded so far I don't know how many more there's going to be but it shouldn't be too many.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Zyre:
Nope, no new public thread is needed. Just send a private message to the person who posted the bounty (in this case, Strongfox). If he hasn't responded recently, you may have to be patient. Considering that most of his bounties require being submitted to SDA, I wouldn't be surprised if he/she/it would ask for that.

Quote from Ghooble:
Okay so it CAN be on Youtube. I just have to send him a link to the videos correct? I have ~8parts uploaded so far I don't know how many more there's going to be but it shouldn't be too many.

Notice anything?
Visit my profile to see my runs!
To answer your question, it does not seem to be the case that posting the run on Youtube will suffice.  It'll probably have to be verified by SDA before the bounty will become "due", though I haven't kept close attention to Strongfox's bounties.  Claiming the Kingdom Hearts bounty by chance?  Ether way, if you're already putting it up, where on youtube can we watch it? 

Btw it doesn't appear that Strongfox has ever had to pay a bounty so far.  Let's hope he's still around ...  :/
The Speedrunning Teacher
I've sent a PM to Strongfox to find out the details, but I agree that posting the run on Youtube most likely won't fulfill the bounty. But again, it may be up to Strongfox if posting the run on Youtube works.

I know that it kinda seems like it goes without saying 'runs for a bounty need to be submitted to SDA', but I think I'll have to add that detail to the OP.
The thing about "submitted to SDA" is I don't know how ^.^
Balls jerky
PM puwexil http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/profile/puwexil.html
Fucking Weeaboo
Read this: http://speeddemosarchive.com/lang/submit_en.html

Then do what dballin said.
*salutes*
Quote from Zyre:
I know that it kinda seems like it goes without saying 'runs for a bounty need to be submitted to SDA', but I think I'll have to add that detail to the OP.

Actually it doesn't necessarily. Since no bounty is an official SDA bounty, there is no real reason for any run to have to be submitted unless whoever pays the bounty requests it.
Quote from Alko:
Quote from Zyre:

Actually it doesn't necessarily. Since no bounty is an official SDA bounty, there is no real reason for any run to have to be submitted unless whoever pays the bounty requests it.

By the same token, I think the entire submission aspect is a point up for interpretation/opinion.

How about just on attempt of claiming a bounty, PM the bounty-giver and ask whether they require submission? (Unless already requested, or otherwise)
I remember seeing a number of bounties that specifically require submission, so I assumed it has to be said specifically o.o'
The Speedrunning Teacher
So far the person placing the bounty has been the one to determine how far into SDA the run would need to go. Several of the bounties don't specify anything, so it may not need to be submitted to SDA at all and can be put up on Youtube. It would still come down to each bounty's requirements though, so the best practice for anyone attempting to collect a bounty would be to PM the person who posted the bounty and as them for more details.
So...what happens since he isn't answering..Am I out a $1k bounty?
Fucking Weeaboo
I'd give it more then a day, especially since there have been power outages across the country due to the heat.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from Ghooble:

Quote from Sir VG:
I'd give it more then a day, especially since there have been power outages across the country due to the heat.

This. I'd even give it a week or two.
^ this, too.
Anyway, it just doesn't sound right, doing a run just for the bounty (aka whining when the money isn't transferred within a week) … You did it for the fun, right? The bounty is a nice little extra ice-cream topping that you gladly take with you, isn't it? Wink
Quote from Alko:
^ this, too.
Anyway, it just doesn't sound right, doing a run just for the bounty (aka whining when the money isn't transferred within a week) … You did it for the fun, right? The bounty is a nice little extra ice-cream topping that you gladly take with you, isn't it? Wink

Well yeah but I'd be saddened if I didn't get the moneys.
Pheenoh the mean-o
Don't get your hopes up. Strongfox (as generous as his bounties are) is a known troll.
Edit history:
Ghooble: 2012-07-03 10:22:40 pm
Pheenoh please tell me your kidding ;_; This is more than a troll if it's true.
TMNT: Turtles in Time, SS Hard difficulty. $20 for runs with Don, Mike, Leo OR a co-op run using the fastest turtle combination (probably Raph/Don). That means $80 up for grabs in total. Obviously the quality of the runs doesn't have to be as good as mikwuyma's recent Raph runs, but they should be accepted by SDA = not look too sloppy. No time limit.

Also you can remove the Age of Mythology bounty since his run was rejected.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Quote from Zyre:
Quote from Ghooble:

Quote from Sir VG:

This. I'd even give it a week or two.

Just for the record, he did make his first $1000 bounties when he hadn't had a SINGLE other post on SDA before, and his total bouties are about the same amount as all other bounties combined ($4000).  Red flags right there.  Also, he has never had to pay a bounty before, and he was pretty consistently active right up to the point when Ghooble finished his run.  :/

I agree that waiting is the proper course for now but just for the record, there's a fairly decent chance we got duped.  I hope not for Ghooble's sake, because any of those bounties would have required a lot of work.

And to whomever said it - I completely disagree.  If I was doing the run for the purpose of claiming a bounty, it was probably grueling work and the money was probably by far the bigger motivator.  And with the degree of money at stake, I would certainly feel sympathy for Ghooble if he actually completed a bounty but was never paid.

Again, we should be patient and wait ANOTHER week for now, but if a couple months go by and Strongfox never logs in again, I'd say ban him (unless Ghooble didn't want that because it would amount to closing off his only method of claiming the bounty).
Weegee Time
Okay, I found your run on Youtube, Ghooble.  I'm about 4 minutes in and I can say with some confidence that it needs polish to submit it to SDA.  But it's okay, because you evidently have a route in mind to do this at all.  I also imagine a recorded 100% run would be useful to someone as a guide and point of reference.  I'd encourage you to make a stop by the Twilight Princess thread, read a bit, and join the discussion if you feel like you have anything to add. Smiley

As for that whole "when does the bounty get paid" thing, I never thought of people reading the thread and then not submitting to SDA.  I thought it was implied the runner needed to submit before the due date and then it could be verified at any point after that.  I guess I'll change my bounties to specify people need to submit.
Edit history:
Zyre: 2012-07-04 09:28:24 am
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
Again, we should be patient and wait ANOTHER week for now, but if a couple months go by and Strongfox never logs in again, I'd say ban him (unless Ghooble didn't want that because it would amount to closing off his only method of claiming the bounty).

I hope that we see Strongfox sooner than a couple of months, but if he doesn't show up by the 15th of August, then I'm taking all his bounties down. I know that will mean Ghooble could be out $1k, but I'm afraid that is how things work.

Quote from Rakuen:
As for that whole "when does the bounty get paid" thing, I never thought of people reading the thread and then not submitting to SDA.  I thought it was implied the runner needed to submit before the due date and then it could be verified at any point after that.  I guess I'll change my bounties to specify people need to submit.

I'll update your bounties to say so. Just to be clear, when a bounty says 'submitted to SDA' I'm thinking that it has to be submitted and accepted (as I'm mainly looking at the verification threads) before the bounty is paid. Am I incorrect in thinking this?

EDIT: Bounty list updated with Freezard's bounty and Rakuen's conditions.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from Freezard:
TMNT: Turtles in Time, SS Hard difficulty. $20 for runs with Don, Mike, Leo OR a co-op run using the fastest turtle combination (probably Raph/Don). That means $80 up for grabs in total. Obviously the quality of the runs doesn't have to be as good as mikwuyma's recent Raph runs, but they should be accepted by SDA = not look too sloppy. No time limit.

You better take this bounty down. I don't want any more splinterface.
Edit history:
Rakuen: 2012-07-04 09:58:14 am
Weegee Time
Quote from Zyre:
I'll update your bounties to say so. Just to be clear, when a bounty says 'submitted to SDA' I'm thinking that it has to be submitted and accepted (as I'm mainly looking at the verification threads) before the bounty is paid. Am I incorrect in thinking this?

I would say submitted before the due date and accepted any time thereafter, to allow for possibly slow verifications.  That's what I put in my posts anyway.  I don't think it's fair to the runners to deprive them of a bounty for an aspect of SDA that is mostly out of their control. Smiley