Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 37 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Looking at AKA's Bounties for a legit sm64 1-star completion and a 1-star speedrun I realized that Jiano did that during the marathon
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from qwerty1605:
Looking at AKA's Bounties for a legit sm64 1-star completion and a 1-star speedrun I realized that Jiano did that during the marathon

I remember mentioning this at the marathon, but don't recall what anybody said about it.
SS Any% FF2 GBA
Didn't Jiano opt to not submit the run? Wouldn't this mean that he wouldn't qualify until he submits a run?
Wiiaboo
He would certainly qualify for "Proof of legit 1-star completion" at least.
One should note though that that was posted about 3,5 years ago.
Maybe he even forgot about it.

But it's up to the runner to claim such 'prize' if one wanted it.
Balls jerky
Can you just give me $20 cuz that's my birthday?
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Okay, I ordered Mortal Kombat Special Forces and am sending it to someone (I'll keep it anonymous for verification purposes).  Mike informed me that this game only needs one more verifier, so hopefully in the next few weeks we'll be able to take that game off of the verification list. 

Don't list it as "PAID" until I post here stating that the bounty hunter has begun the verification process.
Balls jerky
I would give you $20 if you finished a run of Pepsiman by August 10th, but only if you asked for it.
My name is unpronounceable
Quote from mocliamtoh:
I'm going to offer a couple bounties then.

1. $20 for Skies of Arcadia/Legends
2. $20 donation to SDA if a run longer than the current segmented FFX run gets accepted

Quote from mocliamtoh:
I have no intentions of denying SDA my donation on account of the publication date, especially because it did pass verification.  So, I guess if you put that I'll pay it when the run goes up, that'd be great.  If that doesn't work, I'll make the donation soon.

Seeing as how the run got posted, I've made this donation.  I didn't get a chance to make a comment anywhere on the paypal page, but I can PM my paypal email to Mike or Nate to confirm that it's from me.
got the $20 donation from mocliamtoh. thanks!
Quote:
Mortal Kombat Special Forces for Playstation (has enough verifiers)

Okay, this is now PAID.

The only time I would revoke that is if the verifier neglects to verify the run in an appropriate or accurate way, but the verifier has been a member for a long time and never acted like that, so I think we can look forward to when this run is finally off of the verification list.

Dementium: The Ward for DS?  Your time is coming ...
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
Quote:
Mortal Kombat Special Forces for Playstation (has enough verifiers)

Okay, this is now PAID.

The only time I would revoke that is if the verifier neglects to verify the run in an appropriate or accurate way, but the verifier has been a member for a long time and never acted like that, so I think we can look forward to when this run is finally off of the verification list.

Dementium: The Ward for DS?  Your time is coming ...

I had not read this topic for some days ago. I can not believe that was your help to find verify people.
MANY Thanks
Edit history:
TheQuietMan: 2011-03-11 08:20:56 pm
Complete. Global. Saturation.
So Zyre wanted the money to go towards SDA? A true patriot indeed. I've filed it under a different classification for now. And I assume MortyreR45 is the one getting the game? If not, I'll withhold putting the information in the "Paid" section until after the game gets verified.

And to Essentia, did that whole "Any Final Fantasy game not yet on SDA" thing ever get worked out?
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
I'm not going to speak on behalf on Essentia, but personally, this hasn't been resolved yet since the runner who performed the FF1 run is in canada, and thus sending him payment is... tricky...  Of course, once it has been decided, I can try to see for sending my part of the payment...
My name is unpronounceable
Quote from TheQuietMan:
So Zyre wanted the money to go towards SDA? A true patriot indeed. I've filed it under a different classification for now. And I assume MortyreR45 is the one getting the game? If not, I'll withhold putting the information in the "Paid" section until after the game gets verified.

And to Essentia, did that whole "Any Final Fantasy game not yet on SDA" thing ever get worked out?

Uhh, in my original post, where I placed my bounties, I made two different ones.  One was for Skies of Arcadia Legends, which went to, and was confirmed by, Zyre.  The other one was for a run longer than Essentia's segmented FFX run.  This was to be a donation to SDA when the run went up.  I asked Nate to confirm that this was recieved.

Two bounties, both were recieved, and confirmed, by their respective recipients.
lol, no I think Mortyre DID the run, based on that post. 
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
Quote from TheQuietMan:

Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
lol, no I think Mortyre DID the run, based on that post. 

Yes , I am the runner Wink
Quote:
the runner who performed the FF1 run is in canada, and thus sending him payment is... tricky...

I can see how my being in Canada makes things harder. If it can help, I have a friend who sends and receives Magic cards to and from the US regularly and he says that you just have to put it in the mailbox like you normally would, but put a bigger stamp, like $1 or so. If you don't know how much, you can ask at a post office. On the USPS site it says 75¢ for a 1-ounce letter, $1.50 for 2 ounces, etc. You can subtract the value of the stamp from the bounty. Also, send money in the form of a cheque if possible, because if it's lost then you don't lose any actual money. Hope any of this helps!
Edit history:
Trekhaak: 2011-03-14 01:03:08 am
Trekhaak: 2011-03-14 01:01:03 am
Trekhaak: 2011-03-13 05:21:52 am
Trekhaak: 2011-03-13 05:21:39 am
Everybody's favorite monster
50$ for a run of Silver http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_(video_game)
SS or Segmented doesnt matter. You have till August 2012
Has to be the PC version.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2011-07-01 01:32:00 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Trekhaak:
50$ for a run of Silver http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_(video_game)
SS or Segmented doesnt matter. You have till August 2012

Dreamcast allowed or only PC?
Edit: Why do you hate the Dreamcast?
$100 for any of the following legit RTAs (not SDA timing, but otherwise following SDA guidelines for runs):

- Super Mario 64 16-Star:  Sub 17 minutes (16:xx or better)
- Super Mario 64 70-Star:  Sub 53 minutes (52:xx or better)
- Super Mario 64 120-Star:  Sub 1hr 53 minutes (1:52:xx or better)

Another $100 for a new WR on any of the above categories.  I believe the current records are:

- 16-star:  16:16  http://www31.atwiki.jp/sm64/pages/13.html
- 70-star:  51:53  http://www31.atwiki.jp/sm64/pages/15.html
- 120-star:  1:51:38  http://www31.atwiki.jp/sm64/pages/18.html

I'm aware that there are existing Japanese runs that are within the guidelines for bounties, but I'm offering these bounties as incentive for our community to offer them a little competition, so any new run eligible for SDA submission qualifies.  Also, to kick things off, it seems undisputed that Jiano qualifies for these bounties:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/forum/index.php/topic,5812.msg184917.html#msg184917

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11311700

http://www31.atwiki.jp/sm64/pages/14.html

So, as the original person offering the bounty may no longer offer it or be aware that it has been done, I'll be attempting to contact Jiano to make sure he receives the bounty he's due for the run.  For the sake of having a deadline for all these, I'll set one of year-end 2011.  Gogo Mario!
Wiiaboo
It would be awesome to see a SM64 RTA actually up on the site, considering how incredible some of the SRL folks play, and especially after Jiano's marathon performance.
Complete. Global. Saturation.
Quote from MortyreR45:
Yes , I am the runner Wink

What a twist!

Quote from Aevin:
Gogo Mario!

Is it possible for someone to claim more than one bounty within a category? For example, if he submits a 16-star and 120-star run, does he get $200?

Quote from Kiyura:
It would be awesome to see a SM64 RTA actually up on the site, considering how incredible some of the SRL folks play, and especially after Jiano's marathon performance.
Apparently he wants it to be perfect before he submits it. I personally would like to see it soon too.
Quote from TheQuietMan:
Quote from Aevin:
Gogo Mario!

Is it possible for someone to claim more than one bounty within a category? For example, if he submits a 16-star and 120-star run, does he get $200?

By all means.  Not counting the original bounties offered by AKA for SM64, I'm technically offering six different bounties here - three $100 bounties for the very fast runs and another three for WR-quality runs.  One run can qualify for two bounties if it sets a WR, or one runner can theoretically submit three WR-runs and claim six bounties, etc. 

Quote from TheQuietMan:
Quote from Kiyura:
Apparently he wants it to be perfect before he submits it. I personally would like to see it soon too.

The runs don't need to be perfect, just very good.  And I know a lot of the RTA guys don't want to submit runs before they feel they've done all they can do in a category, and that SDA verification can take awhile due to lack of verifiers and other reasons.  The runs don't need to be verified and posted on SDA to collect the bounties, but I would very much encourage any run qualifying for the bounties to be submitted for verification to SDA.  A lot of SDA runs are being beaten regularly and people just aren't submitting the runs because they feel they can do better, which is understandable, but it's a lot easier for the general public to find speedruns on SDA than a random ustream page, and I'd love for more people to be able to see some of the life these guys breathe into these retro games.
Aevin payed me the 1-Star bounty, so you can take those down now. Thank you Aevin !!!