--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Totally rad
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
-snip-

I've been thinking of verifying that game for a while now, but it's about €20 on Steam, and I haven't really been able to find a euphemistically 'less costly' version of it. I might take on that reverse bounty of yours (though I can't guarantee it yet).
111 games up for verification ... geez louise...                    (09/15/12)

So, I'd like to offer another reverse bounty (where I buy the game for you if you offer to play through it and verify the corresponding run on the verification list).  I'd like to send someone Tunnel Rats, but as far as I know, the only way to play this game based off of a freaking Uwe Boll film ... isn't that ironic ... is to purchase it off Steam.  So, is there a way to gift the game / funds over to someone else with a Steam account?

Steam has a gift function. When you go to purchase the game just say you're buying it as a gift and it'll let you send it to someone.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
^ Thanks Paraxade. 

AdamAK thanks for the offer.  I've got a few guys I was going to PM about this, so I'll add your name.  I'll pick someone pretty much randomly from the group and send them the game.  Smiley
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2012-09-15 10:22:16 pm
So, is there a way to gift the game / funds over to someone else with a Steam account?

Add the one interested in running it as a friend and buy it as a gift for him.

EDIT: Oh didn't notice there was a new page in this thread, Paraxade already replied the same thing.
Putting up a 20$ bounty for RoboCop 2 (NES) SS any%.

Have fun with this one guys.
Edit history:
Rakuen: 2012-10-27 12:45:03 pm
Rakuen: 2012-10-27 12:34:51 pm
Weegee Time
$50 for sub hour Metroid Prime, must be accepted.  Submission due by July 1, 2013.
Ciento Dos Huevos
Is there any reason strongfox's $1000 bounty for spyro is still plastered there when he never honored his $1000 for twilight princess?
Quote from ConHuevos:
Is there any reason strongfox's $1000 bounty for spyro is still plastered there when he never honored his $1000 for twilight princess?

There was nothing to honor. The guy didn't submit the run and if he had it would have been a solid reject.
The Speedrunning Teacher
My apologies for not keeping this thread up-to-date. Life has been quite busy as of late. Expect it to be updated in the next day or two.
Speed is all that matters.
Quote from ljackstar:
Also I'm putting 50$ for anyone to speedrun any game SS 100% that is more than 12hours. If you like those rpg type games. Needs to get accepted into SDA. Must be completed before June 16, 2017.

The fact that it has to be 100% makes me somewhat sad, to be honest. Persona 4 would fit into this concept perfectly otherwise.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Neviutz:
Quote from ljackstar:
Also I'm putting 50$ for anyone to speedrun any game SS 100% that is more than 12hours. If you like those rpg type games. Needs to get accepted into SDA. Must be completed before June 16, 2017.

The fact that it has to be 100% makes me somewhat sad, to be honest. Persona 4 would fit into this concept perfectly otherwise.

I find it sadder that they only think the runner's life is worth about $4/hr.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from Neviutz:
Quote from ljackstar:

I find it sadder that they only think the runner's life is worth about $4/hr.

less if you consider the amount of time that goes into a run as a whole instead of just the final time.
Offer $200, and MAYBE we'll talk...
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Speedrunning: $50 for 12 h+ amounting to less than $4/h
Locksmith: 60 € for 10 mins amounting to ~ $75 or approx. $300/h. Take your picks Wink
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Alko:
Speedrunning: $50 for 12 h+ amounting to less than $4/h
Locksmith: 60 € for 10 mins amounting to ~ $75 or approx. $300/h. Take your picks Wink

Play Skyrim, improve lockpicking skills. Land a job as a locksmith. Profit?
Edit history:
durron597: 2012-11-01 04:02:37 pm
I want to put a bounty on Air Fortress NES.

The run must be both rounds (1-1 -> 1-8 AND 2-1 to 2-8)
The run must be single segment.
Deaths are only allowed to save time (not sure if they do in this game, been a long time since I played it)

I will donate $30 if it is accepted by SDA, and an additional $10 if the run attempts are broadcasted on twitch.tv or equivalent with xsplit. Audio commentary not required, I just want to be able to watch progress.
Aww, the Silver speedrun was due to last month, and I just started speedrunning it now
The Speedrunning Teacher
Okay, I think I'm all caught up with the bounties. If I've missed any, please let me know.
You Forgot this one.

Quote:
from bangerra:
Putting up a 20$ bounty for RoboCop 2 (NES) SS any%.

Have fun with this one guys.

Edit history:
Freezard: 2012-11-04 06:15:41 pm
Wrong tab >_>
Feudal Family Lord
Donkey Kong Country 3, 100% SS, Accepted to SDA
VC or SNES, whichever is faster
Preferably in English

Bounty 25$

Reserving ability to cancel offer if I run into money trouble
Edit history:
ljackstar: 2012-11-27 05:09:00 pm
Quote from Neviutz:
Quote from ljackstar:

Think about it now, I would be fine taking off the 100%, I just assumed most games that long would be 100% (bad assumption on my part!)

Also the 50$ for the long ss in my mind is reasonable (partly because I still have to pay it) most people aren't getting paid for these anyways, it was simply a bonus if someone wanted to take the challenge
Gotta go fast
Quote from footbigmike:
$20 for Sonic 3D Blast (both are Genesis/Megadrive version). If Sonic 3D is 100%, make it $30.

Not sure if anyone has taken this up yet, but I'm working on a run for this game and right now. Have a 33:24 record up on youtube, will submit a better run aiming for sub 32 minutes to SDA once I get it unless there's a faster time possible for a human, after that start routing a 100% run.
Okay, I'd like to post a bounty for Legend of Legaia.  Single Segment, Playstation 1 Console, sub-13:00:00.  $50.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from uha:
Okay, I'd like to post a bounty for Legend of Legaia.  Single Segment, Playstation 1 Console, sub-13:00:00.  $50.

If the same thing is valid here that I know of in FFIX (I assume it goes for all PSX games, but I only know of it for FFIX), then why would a runner use (slash be required to use) the slower (PS1) as opposed to a faster (PS2 slim) system?