Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 ... 13, 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Zelda fanboy

It is amazing what one can do with spare time and dedication.
Edit history:
DAMURDOC: 2007-07-29 03:53:28 pm
The BaldurManiac
Interesting videos... Obviously sound must be extremely important. To think that even a blind person will enjoy this game is something outstanding.

You know I think you deserve your own category of speedrun on SDA. The blind OOT speedrun. Now that's something I would watch! A true show of dedication, skill and concentration.

I believe this would be the most epic run out there.
Edit history:
Juice: 2007-07-29 06:13:10 pm
He told me he plans on doing an OoT run as soon as he gets grid positions or something.
Quote:
He told me he plans on doing an OoT run as soon as he gets grid positions or something.

Yeah i am trying to help him with grid positions but we came to an dead end because my grid thing will not work right and we can not do anything as of right now. 
Edit history:
andrewg: 2007-07-30 07:38:11 pm
Hi! I'm andrewg!
I never really noticed this topic because I was thinking it was the usual "random speedrunner trying to get help with Oot." This is actually a very interesting topic.

I can't believe you are trying ocarina of time, it is such a long game.

Do you play any other games Jordan?

EDIT: Sorry, reading through the thread, this question has already been asked.
Edit history:
MrGuy: 2007-07-30 11:33:22 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtkXq-14Ao
If you do an OoT run, you would have to record it on DVD recorder, though, so no savestates...

I guess the answer to that is massive segmentation.

Would it be possible to do Super Mario Bros. 1 blind?
Edit history:
andrewg: 2007-07-31 05:49:40 am
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Quote:
If you do an OoT run, you would have to record it on DVD recorder, though, so no savestates...

I guess the answer to that is massive segmentation.

Would it be possible to do Super Mario Bros. 1 blind?

In the past I've made several attempts to beat super mario bros. without looking.

I don't know if the second video works anymore. In the second video I was very confused.

I have played through and beaten levels 1-1, 1-2, and 4-1 in a row. So I'm 3/8 of the way there. 4-2 probably wouldn't be a problem If I practiced it.

I don't think I will be able to beat any level in world 8. Maybe 8-3, because there aren't many gaps, but the end would sure be tough.

I wouldn't doubt that I could eventually beat the game blindfolded considering how many times I've played.
The original leever.
Quote:

In the past I've made several attempts to beat super mario bros. without looking.

I don't know if the second video works anymore. In the second video I was very confused.

I have played through and beaten levels 1-1, 1-2, and 4-1 in a row. So I'm 3/8 of the way there. 4-2 probably wouldn't be a problem If I practiced it.

I don't think I will be able to beat any level in world 8. Maybe 8-3, because there aren't many gaps, but the end would sure be tough.

I wouldn't doubt that I could eventually beat the game blindfolded considering how many times I've played.

You have no way of detecting enemies in that game other than with sight, making it pure memorization. But in OoT, if you have keen hearing, the enemies do make sounds.
Edit history:
NK3233: 2007-08-01 03:26:18 pm
It's-a me, Stalin!
Quote:
You have no way of detecting enemies in that game other than with sight, making it pure memorization. But in OoT, if you have keen hearing, the enemies do make sounds.

That, and Navi yells HEY! if you're locked on. And sinister music starts up.

Wouldn't doing forest temple without looking (or blind) be super-hard? I mean with the last boss (Phantom Ganon) and when he comes out of the paintings.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, just can't be bothered to sift through all of those pages.

EDIT: Wow, i'm such a knob, all I had to do was look at the top of the page and see a link to phantom ganon.
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Quote:

Yeah, but it's a lot simpler game to play. It is pure memorization though.
Edit history:
Juice: 2007-08-01 05:30:10 pm
Quote:
Wouldn't doing forest temple without looking (or blind) be super-hard? I mean with the last boss (Phantom Ganon) and when he comes out of the paintings.

Yeah, If you look at the comments in the Phantom Ganon video, he had directional sound for that fight.
Jordan beating Ganondorf
thethrillness.blogspot.com
that is amazing.blind and can still play video games
very inspirational
i may try this on resident evil 4
The original leever.
Well, if you're incredible talented you might be able to do it, it'll be easier on RE4 seeing as how the directional sound is so apparent, but it takes years of "practice" to get your ears this sensitive.

I want a reporter to do an interview with him or an article online. He deserves it Sad
Quote:
I want a reporter to do an interview with him or an article online. He deserves it Sad

QFT.

Also, he's told me that he faught the third fight with King Bulblin (right before AG) And won 2 out of the 5 times he faught him. He also tried fighting the last twilight bug, but didn't have much luck.
Jordan told me that he needs a video from the entrance of snowpeak going all the way to the blizzeta fight. Can anyone do that?
OoT Rocks!
To prevent misunderstanding, that is not a full snowpeak run. it is a video of someone walking directly to the boss door asuming everything in the dungeon is already done.
Sloppy
I'll be willing to do it
It's-a me, Stalin!
Walking or rolling?
Edit history:
Time: 2007-08-13 05:50:53 am
I would be very willing to help with any Zelda game except TP. I don't have that game.  I hope I can be of some assitance.  Majora's Mask and OoT would be two games I'd be able to do.

Edit:  I believe I can help with mapping out Majora's Mask for you.  It would take quite a while before I was finished, of course.
OoT Rocks!
Walking or rolling matters not. it's the directions that count. it must also as simple as possible, as the people getting me there (using the vid is a guide) are total n00bs, like my mother or grandmother.

Also, if you could map out OoT, MM or MQ, that'd be a big help. Please contact me on skype (or messanger if you don't have a mic).
My skypename is morpha32 and my msn is jv_erner@hotmail.com
Thanks Kindly,

Jordan.
Impressive videos so far mate. It's great that so many people are willing to help make this a reality. Best of luck with the rest of the game.
OoT Rocks!
Thanks.
For those of you who haven't seen my new videos yet, I have posted 3 more since my dekutree run.
You can find them on my profile:

I now have a PhantomGanon fight, a Twinrova + Iron knuckle fight and a Ganondorf fight.
Jordan beating Bongo Bongo
The BaldurManiac

I find it amusing that he is using the lens of truth