List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CallOfDuty4.html

All Ghillied Up IL

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Nice. A major new skip on a level that was already quite broken, and an improved version of the existing major skip, to boot.

I spent ages trying to get on top of that house to pull off the first trick in the video, but without success; I thought I'd probably need to have the chopper blow the roof off for it to be possible. I actually have no idea how it's done, and can't test it because I don't have access to my gaming PC at the moment. Comments from the runner explaining how he gets onto the house roof would be welcome.

Anyway, as far as video/audio/gameplay quality goes, no reason not to accept.

My only concern is that the existing ILs are on Arcade Mode, and this is not. There isn't really any advantage to not being in Arcade Mode; if anything, it's a major disadvantage for some levels and a tiny disadvantage for this one. The inconsistency with the existing runs is a little ugly but oh well.

Quote:
Time: 4:20,23(From first input to when it starts fading out)
4:21,03 If you end it when the fade out is over.

Great new trick, great run, great quality, what's not to like?

I never knew that there was a difference between arcade mode and regular, except for the ingame timer.

Easy accept, but might need to be in a different category if the difference between arcade and regular is big enough.

It's not. Verifier 1 explains it nicely.

Quote from Verifier 1:
To clarify on the difference between Arcade Mode and non Arcade Mode, there are no differences in physics / health / enemy stats or anything like that, it's just the timer and the score and the sound effects related to the score. However, the existence of score can be a massive advantage on levels where you have to kill lots of people, because it means you get immediate audio feedback whenever you get a kill, which makes it much easier to notice when you've only wounded someone. Having feedback whenever you hit an enemy also makes it easier to kill enemies through walls, and lets you know whether your grenades have hit their target.

None of this really counts for much on this level since there is little combat.

Quote:
Very cool. COD4 is getting some love lately which is fine by me.

Pass

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to AJ "ss4_link" Stainer!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
CBenni: 2012-08-21 07:36:05 am
CBenni: 2012-08-21 07:33:54 am
The IL isnt on the game page yet, is it? Any chance for a yt link?

cu, CBenni
Waiting hurts my soul...
Any chance this IL table includes the training course?