Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Good to know about 1.0.5 Malcom.

We had a downpatcher that was functional, but the most recent patch broke it. So getting one functional would be a good idea. Especially since Buzzaxe merging got patched, the speedrun is mostly dead until that happens.
Alright I'll build one, maybe next week. In the meantime you can work on that sub 6 Wink
Do you re-patch your game everytime ? That's not required; you can keep a copy of the game folder for each version (and even add them individually to steam) and launch the .exe from the explorer. The only problem with TPS is that it will reset your video settings every time you open a different version.
Any time I patch at this point as well as others the game won't even launch. And since I dont have an install of a different version I can't do much. However, TPS got into SGDQ so that's pretty hype.
Edit history:
drMalcom: 2015-05-02 10:30:39 am
drMalcom: 2015-05-02 10:16:21 am
Ok here is the patcher (1.0.5 to 1.0.3/1.0.1).
Screenshot that shows how to use it:

The downpatched version of TPS can be launched by double-clicking the launcher.exe (not the main exe).

The patcher can be used to generate/apply patches for anything. So feel free to create your own patches.
Source code. Feedback appreciated.
You're the best! That definitely did the trick. The Loadless didn't seem to work with it however. I'll mess with my end and see if I can get it to work.
The loadless worked for me, both in v1.0.1 and v1.0.3. I used the latest "autosplit" script here.
A few things:
- If you switch between versions, you will have to restart livesplit.
- Make sure you have livesplit 1.5.5, the old one had a bug.
- After opening the launcher.exe and clicking play, if another launcher is immediately opened just close it and re-open it. I'm not sure why it does that, probably something in the registry.
Fixed my issue, whatever it was.
Updated the patcher for 1.0.6 -> 1.0.5. Download TPS-xdpatcher.zip here.
Gearbox made changes in the intro/outro movies, and that would result in a 1.2GB patch. So I'm not including those changes. That means that downgrading from 1.0.6 to 1.0.5 will keep some files from 1.0.6 but none that would affect the gameplay.

The auto-timer has not been updated for 1.0.6 yet.
Apparently I have a slightly different tps.exe. The patcher will therefor fail to down-patch that file sometimes. If that happens to you, you can download the tps.exe for 1.03 and 1.05 (same link as above). The new procedure is:

- Patch 1.06 to 1.05.
- Open tps.exe. If you don't have it, or if windows fails to launch it, download TPS05.zip.
- Replace the exe with the one in the zip.
- Patch 1.05 to 1.03.

Anyways, if someone that knows about checksums could sent me the md5 of their tps.exe 1.06, that would help me confirm my theory.
I definitely would if I was familiar, but I'm not.
Edit history:
ckixy: 2015-07-29 11:49:05 am
ckixy: 2015-07-29 11:47:34 am
ckixy: 2015-07-29 01:51:19 am
ckixy: 2015-07-29 01:48:34 am
ckixy: 2015-07-29 01:39:26 am
ckixy: 2015-07-27 11:41:46 pm
ckixy: 2015-07-26 06:45:58 pm
ckixy: 2015-07-26 02:02:45 pm
ok so i finally got around to recording these small second "time saves"(but they may not be) i hope they help

Skip into flame knuckle arena

ZerpaDerp Elevator Skip

Lets Build a Robot Army first building skip(possible times save/needs to be routed better)

Matey Skip in pittys fall(needs more testing)

this isn't a skip but wtf is this? is this like super casual stats where the game makes backup objectives if you take to long?
Edit history:
penta: 2015-07-26 09:21:52 pm
Not sure how much Flame Knucle experience matters, but it saves 10 seconds i suppose?

The Zarppedon elevator, I don't think saves any time

Nice findings!
Edit history:
drMalcom: 2015-07-27 10:10:02 am
Hey guys,
If you are having trouble with the patcher, I made a new one that patches everything including the cut scene movies.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!rBkiFD6Y!5_9Q0Q60UHvfjEIOFOx3Zw

* TPS-xdPatcher-full.zip is the full patch (1.2GB)
* TPS-xdPatcher.zip is the old patch, that may work for you (35MB).

I'd recommend using the full patch. Feedback appreciated, I only have tested it on my computer.
Quote from drMalcom:
Hey guys,
If you are having trouble with the patcher, I made a new one that patches everything including the cut scene movies.

I'd recommend using the full patch. Feedback appreciated, I only have tested it on my computer.

the old patcher "worked" but it soft/hard locked me in the moon shot container

the full patch fixed it but i was having launching issues and the cut scenes were not showing but then i deleted my tps 1.0.6 file(primary steam file) and it all works O.o
Eh. There is some weird registry thing going on. But I'm happy it finally works for you.
The patcher doesn't work for me. It tells me that files are missing.
Some suggestions?
Quote from natsuhound:
The patcher doesn't work for me. It tells me that files are missing.
Some suggestions?

what have you tried so far? and what issues are you having?
Edit history:
ckixy: 2015-07-30 12:21:57 am
ckixy: 2015-07-29 03:35:04 pm
Quote from drMalcom:
Hey guys,

i am having an issue with the patch/timer. like i said i didnt have the moon shot cut scene at first but now i do but the timer will not remove the time/pause the timer. i dont know if this is an issue with the timer or if you just excluded the cut scene check. if so do you know of a way to remove the cut scenes and or can you add a if "scene plays" pause/remove time?

side note, eleseer cut scene still plays but the timer removes it. not sure if that is relevant
I guess at this point I may as well upload the full game :p
@ckixy: To clarify, the timer doesn't pause except for Eleseer ?
@natsuhound: are you trying to patch from 1.0.6 directly to 1.0.3 with the full patcher ? Does the missing file eror shows up in an alert window or just in the logs ?
Quote from drMalcom:
I guess at this point I may as well upload the full game :p
@ckixy: To clarify, the timer doesn't pause except for Eleseer ?

the timer doesn't pause for the moonshot cut scene but it still pauses for loading and eleseer. i may be derping on this but if i remember correctly wasn't there a thing where you added removal for the moonshot and eleseer cut scene?

if there was never removal for moon shot cut scene then don't mind me i am just derping.

and thanks for the patcher. all that is working great, at least for me.
Edit history:
natsuhound: 2015-08-01 12:08:09 am
natsuhound: 2015-08-01 12:06:13 am
natsuhound: 2015-07-31 12:21:19 pm
natsuhound: 2015-07-31 12:20:47 pm
natsuhound: 2015-07-31 09:45:48 am
Quote from drMalcom:
@natsuhound: are you trying to patch from 1.0.6 directly to 1.0.3 with the full patcher ? Does the missing file eror shows up in an alert window or just in the logs ?

I tried both and the error window does appear on both http://pastebin.com/W7vnz5q3 These are the errors I get with 1.0.6 to 1.0.5
These are the errors I get with 1.0.6 to 1.0.3: http://pastebin.com/yY1GKuCu

QUICK Update: I got it to work. I don't know what was diffrent this time but I patched from 6 to 5 and then from 5 to 3 like the last time and now it works. So yea. Thanks for help :3

Update 2: It seems to still don't work. It crashes on startup now. I just restarted my PC. Here is a screenshot of the error code: http://puu.sh/jl3Dd/310c94b6d2.png
Edit history:
DrakeShady: 2015-08-01 09:35:27 am
DrakeShady: 2015-08-01 07:29:00 am
I tried the same method with the patcher. It simply didn't patch anything as far as I can see. Matchmaking -> network options still says I'm on version 1.0.6. Also, got a lot of errors while patching... Can someone better explain to me which directories I should be using in the patcher?

*Edit* Tried the entire process again. After copying the new BorderlandsPreSequl.exe from TPS05.zip I still receive this error: http://imgur.com/MyviiYt

What I tried:
1. Patch using TPS-v1.0.6_to_v1.0.5.xdpatch as
2. in new directory C:\TPS-v1.0.6_to_v1.0.5.xdpatch execute Launcher.exe
3. Copy in new BorderlandsPreSequel.exe
4. Execute Launcher.exe
Edit history:
ckixy: 2015-08-03 05:47:54 pm
ckixy: 2015-08-03 05:45:11 pm
Quote from natsuhound:
Quote from drMalcom:

I tried both and the error window does appear on both http://pastebin.com/W7vnz5q3 These are the errors I get with 1.0.6 to 1.0.5
These are the errors I get with 1.0.6 to 1.0.3: http://pastebin.com/yY1GKuCu

QUICK Update: I got it to work. I don't know what was diffrent this time but I patched from 6 to 5 and then from 5 to 3 like the last time and now it works. So yea. Thanks for help :3

Update 2: It seems to still don't work. It crashes on startup now. I just restarted my PC. Here is a screenshot of the error code: http://puu.sh/jl3Dd/310c94b6d2.png

Quote from DrakeShady:
I tried the same method with the patcher. It simply didn't patch anything as far as I can see. Matchmaking -> network options still says I'm on version 1.0.6. Also, got a lot of errors while patching... Can someone better explain to me which directories I should be using in the patcher?

*Edit* Tried the entire process again. After copying the new BorderlandsPreSequl.exe from TPS05.zip I still receive this error: http://imgur.com/MyviiYt

What I tried:
1. Patch using TPS-v1.0.6_to_v1.0.5.xdpatch as
2. in new directory C:\TPS-v1.0.6_to_v1.0.5.xdpatch execute Launcher.exe
3. Copy in new BorderlandsPreSequel.exe
4. Execute Launcher.exe

have you tried the full patcher? its 1.3 Gigs but that one worked for me. it has a 1.0.6 to 1.0.3 patcher also try a few things like patch while steam is off and patch to a diferent folder so that steam doesnt try to take hold. also launch the patch for the first time with steam off or offline mode because the game has some files that will try to connect to online stuff
oh and use the launcher and not the game exe itself

i hope this helps

one more note when patching from 1.0.6 to 1.0.3 i used the exe in the zip file name TPS03
Also, when trying to help a lot of people patching I noticed that the patcher was looking for full DLC. Giving others my DLC folder fixed a lot of issues. Not sure if that is the same with the newer version
Edit history:
drMalcom: 2015-08-10 01:12:32 pm
drMalcom: 2015-08-10 01:12:18 pm
drMalcom: 2015-08-09 03:55:59 am
drMalcom: 2015-08-09 03:55:45 am
drMalcom: 2015-08-09 03:55:09 am
drMalcom: 2015-08-09 03:50:03 am
ooooooooooooooh I didn't think of the DLC. Yes, it's looking for the dlc and will warn you if it can't find it. If you are going to downgrade from 1.0.6 with my patcher, you need to have all the DLCs (EDIT: see the next comment by natsuhound!).
BTW If you use the full patcher (1GB) you won't need to copy the zipped exe. So always use the full patcher.

@natsuhound: I don't think I can make a DLC-less patch because I have the full version. Here is what you can try: in the .xdpatch dir remove the folders with the names Petunia and Quince and apply the patch again. At the very least, the file not found errors won't show anymore.

@ckixy: the timer is working as intended. It does not pause during the moon shot cut scene. It does stop for Eleseer but as soon as the cut scene ends it adds 40-ish seconds to the time. This is because I couldn't think of a better way to detect the Eleseer cut. Cut scenes count as in-game time.

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, hopefully we can get this to work for everyone. Seems like the problem is the missing files from the DLCs, as shown in the error log posted above.