<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
TheFuncannon: 2015-01-26 03:03:04 pm
For consistencies sake, we are going to put the eleseer cutscene time back in. We will see about the IGT plugin but otherwise I'll time the cutscene in a bit to get an exact time for us to add at the end.

Edit: The cutscene is exactly 46.4 seconds long. All times using the plugin should add this to the end.
Edit history:
drMalcom: 2015-01-28 11:58:39 am
I've updated the timer with a fix for Eleseer. I couldn't think of a proper way to do it. So now, as you create your last split (not when you stop the timer, the split before that), the script will add +46.4 to the game time. Real time is not affected.

Available for both 1.0.3 and 1.0.4
https://mega.co.nz/#F!zJcn0QDS!dHXwqCFdEBtTSlZ2sFHTTg

Let me know whether the new timer works and if the workaround for Eleseer is ok for you guys. By the way, this will only work for a single-playthrough run. If you need a timer for normal to uvhm runs (for example), I could make that too.

Edit: I just thought of a better way to implement this. I'll work on it tomorrow.
May I present to you the World Record!
http://www.twitch.tv/piguy3014/c/5989953

New notable strats are the lack of a RedBelly farm.
It's also my birthday today. It's been a good week.
Congrats / sorry PiGuy Cheesy And yeah, happy birthday !

Alright I have an improved script that fixes the Eleseer issue in a much better way. Buuut I have to run through the game to actually trigger the cut scene and test it. A good reason to try Aurelia, but that means I'm not going to release the new script just yet. Hopefully later today or tomorrow.
Sounds good DrMalcom! Thanks again for working on it!

And PiGuy's experience route is definitely faster. Unfortunately this means that you are MUCH more likely to die in Pity's fall, and you might need a few more Buzzaxes to make sure that merging a sniper or two before Pity's is possible.

I'll probably make an updated tutorial here in a few days for all the new strats and so it can be on YouTube
May I suggest to split the tutorial in different parts? With a different video for every section of the game we could just redo the tutorial for one single section if the strats change.
Edit history:
drMalcom: 2015-01-31 04:40:58 am
drMalcom: 2015-01-31 03:24:05 am
Ok here is the fixed timer, for 1.0.3 and 1.0.4
How it works: any long loading screen ( > 40s) will be detected as the Eleseer transition (at this point, the timer is paused as usual). As the cut scene ends, the script will add +46.4 to the game time.

By the way, I don't think I've seen a timer for BL2-UVHM. Let me know if you need one.

Quick question. Has anyone tried to ghost through a wall in the Hyperion Hub of Heroism and see whether it's possible to skip the entire RaD section ? It seems like the echo-recorder reselling exploit has been patched, does that mean everyone needs to play on v1.0.3 now ? (edit: nope).
Wonderful job drMalcom!

Ckixy has made a patcher to 1.0.3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6wvfwyE4MCOclpHMWk3allwUm8/view

Also a UVHM BL2 timer would be an absolute godsend. Not many people run it anymore but I just had to time a run last night.

But I'm not super happy with the way I made the tutorial anyways so I'll definitely implement it better here either way.
Edit history:
ckixy: 2015-02-01 02:37:20 pm
Hello Everybody. so i am currently "working" on a patcher(its basicaly done) and i was wandering if anyone has their willowgame and binaries folders from before the moxxi gun got nerfed? i believe this would be before jack dlc. if you have the files and would be willing to transfer them please contact me at Edit:thank you drMalcom for the files
Yeah I do have the files, I'll contact you.

Ok I've tried the RaD skip I mentioned, and it's possible to travel to Veins of Helios but the plasma regulators are impossible to destroy.

I've added a no-load timer for borderlands 2 latest patch on my mega (v1.8.3, I think this is the version for uvhm). It does not auto-start or reset.
Edit history:
ckixy: 2015-02-01 02:37:50 pm
ckixy: 2015-02-01 02:36:43 pm
ckixy: 2015-02-01 01:45:57 pm
ckixy: 2015-02-01 04:12:27 am
ok so finally finished the patcher. i fixed a few issues and added instructions. thanks to DRMalcom we have patch 1.0.1 included aswell

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6wvfwyE4MCOMW56MUJWaEd6anc/view?usp=sharing

oh and if you installed the old patcher you may need to uninstall it. its under windowsApplication1 or something like that... new version i fixed the namespace to be borderlands_TPS_Patcher

warning if you install patch 1.0.1 it may crash or not boot. i fiddled around with it and launched online(crashed) then launched offline(didnt even launch) then went back online(crashed then downloaded stuff) and it worked! somehow
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-02-01 11:59:41 pm
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
Quote from ckixy:
warning if you install patch 1.0.1 it may crash or not boot. i fiddled around with it and launched online(crashed) then launched offline(didnt even launch) then went back online(crashed then downloaded stuff) and it worked! somehow

This is how Cbenni's BL2 patcher worked for patch 1.1.0 , the game (once patched) doesn't actually have a certain file in the game folder which allows the game to play (or get into the menu correctly) so it won't ever work "offline" until you try play it "online" it will do a check for the file and download it and then it says "This isn't the right version! Force crash!" then when you go to "offline" mode it already has the file and doesn't perform the check so it just works.

(Note: "file" is just a term I'm using for something it downloads it isn't a "separate file" AFAIK just a line of code within something that marks the game playable)
Edit history:
Nyasupan: 2015-02-03 02:34:48 pm
Nyasupan: 2015-02-03 12:35:15 pm
Now that we're back running on 1.0.1 I found a bad bad softlock right at the beginning where we used the action skill to skip a big part of the dialogue. So we get into the bullet, free the elevator, stack some dollars and then we kill the soldier waiting for us. As soon as we kill the soldier this dialogue starts:

Quote:
1-J) Great.
2-J) Allright -- that's twice you saved my life. Now we have to -- Oh, what the -- The controls are damaged. Somehone has to stay behind and launch the container manually.
3-J) I'd suggest the Claptrap, but I need you down on Elpis finding a way to save this place.
4-J) God, I can't believe I just said that.
5-C) I promise I won't let you down.
6-J) Alright, new plan. I'll stay behind. I need you down on the moon -- you gotta find that jamming signal and shut it down. Otherwise, we'll never get control of the moonbase and we can kiss that vault goodbye.
7-C) Are you sure about this plan, Jack? It may result in your dismemberment!
8-J) Eh, you saved my life a couple times, I'm repaying the favor.
9-J) Besides, I'm a hero, baby -- self-sacrifice is part of the job.
10-J) Oh, good, a health machine. I had one put in here after a worker had an accident and, uh... lost his torso. Better heal up before your trip down to the moon, heh-heh!

Jack is supposed to start walking towards the vendor machines when line 6 starts, then line 10 starts right in front of the vending machines. In 1.0.3 and later patches we could skip this whole section of dialogue with the action skill and a good RNG, and send jack to the container. In 1.0.1 sadly the game softlocks if you skip line 10 both with a single echo or the action skill. It is possible to skip the line 1 to 5 and stop when Claptrap says "Are you sure about this plan, Jack? It may result in your dismemberment!" , at this point the money farm starts. I tried to skip line 8 too but the echo recording still plays when Jack is at the vending machines and softlocks.

EDIT: I've done further testing, it is only possible to skip 5 lines of dialogue.
ok just finished a tutorial on how to install a game into two folders and swap between them easily.

this is useful if you want to swap between patched and current version of a game quickly.

note it will take twice the amount of storage for each game you do this with.

Edit history:
drMalcom: 2015-02-07 02:45:24 am
Livesplit 1.5.2 breaks scripting support, please don't update and wait for 1.5.3 (the bug's been fixed).

Edit: if you have already updated to 1.5.2, you will need to download this file and replace it in your livesplit/components folder.
Just made a universal variant of the timer that works on all TPS versions (1.01, 1.03, 1.04):

Remember to change your "dll" if you have updated to livesplit 1.5.2 (see my post above).
Quote from drMalcom:
Just made a universal variant of the timer that works on all TPS versions (1.01, 1.03, 1.04)

thank you DrMalcom i just did a run to test it and it worked really well. its much appreciated.

also side not i was looking in to memory addresses and i was wondering what you used to view then. my program was viewing them in heaps and it wasnt showing the proper addresses you have used in your scripts
I use cheat engine. But any debugger will do (ollydbg is a popular one too). If you are going to use CE just be careful during the installation process, it will trick you into installing a bunch of malware. CE itself is fine tho.

I could make an auto-split script (as in, you don't have to manually split). I just made one for BL2, although I'm not sure how well it works right now. Will test it maybe today.
Quote from ckixy:
ok just finished a tutorial on how to install a game into two folders and swap between them easily.

this is useful if you want to swap between patched and current version of a game quickly.

note it will take twice the amount of storage for each game you do this with.

I was just thinking, isn't it easier/lazier to copy the game folder, rename it and add the game as a non-steam product? I tried it and it seems to work.
Can anyone tell me what version of TPS is best for speedrunning?
It's the version 1.3 if I'm not mistaken
Version 1.0.1 has a ton of healing, which is nice, but is buggier. Version 1.0.3 is much safer. Both patches are viable.
Reminder that im doing a tps run at the sick kids marathon over at twitch.tv/thefastforce if it wasnt at ass o clock i would ask you to be there. I'm running at 3:40 am eastern standard
so i found a new glitch in the current version with nisha that just makes her even more op, you can now duel wield 2 guns as long as the left one is a pistol, they work independently with left and right mouse firing right and left respectivly. here is the video
Updated the no load timer for 1.0.5 BUT in 1.0.5 the timer will pause during the mooshot/eleseer cutscene. This is because the trick I used for earlier versions would interfere with the claptrap dlc. So I guess only use v1.0.5 if you want to run that dlc, otherwise stick to 1.0.whatev.

I haven't thoroughly tested it in the new version, so this is somewhat experimental.

By the way, would a down-patcher be useful at all ? I'd assume most people have a copy of older versions.