Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Bonk's Adventure (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jeremy 'DK28' Doll!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Bonk's Adventure (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/bonksadventure/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 5, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
There seems to be a lot random stuff in this game. It's not necessarily visible by watching this run for someone who hasn't played it though, which I haven't. Still, the runner has documented the run very well in the audio commentary and in the run comments. Despite being far from perfect, there is no question this is a very good run of a tough game to speedrun.

easy accept
Jorfin around
Accept from me

Good to see this game on here.
Video looks good.
Minimal mistakes here and there but understandable because of the nature of the movement.
Solid run.
Edit history:
jeffsledge: 2014-08-26 04:18:47 pm
I have some experience with this game and find his run worthy to be accepted.
I wish he didn't use turbo but SDA rules allow it.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
I watched this run live and give it an accept for sure. DK got favorable luck in many many spots and finished off the run with a sliver of life and Drool getting crushed in 2 cycles. There are mistakes here and there, but they are pretty minor compared to everything else he got.
I remember this game! this is one of my earliest games since childhood and I only could pass the first 2 levels. I never thought I would find it here :D. anyways the A/V is good, cheating none & run had some few minor hiccups but some were mainly RNG & unclear hitboxes screwing the with the runner. Accept.
Decision posted.
I'm addicted to games
Can someone clarify some ignorance I have on this game? We already have a BonksAdventureGB page, this one was created as a separate page, looks like it's a run of the TG-16 version. When I search gamefaqs, I see there's also an NES version. Is it correct that TG-16 should be a separate page from GB? Is the NES version the same as either of the other two? Thanks!
Edit history:
DK28: 2014-12-03 05:51:42 pm
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from Radix:
Can someone clarify some ignorance I have on this game? We already have a BonksAdventureGB page, this one was created as a separate page, looks like it's a run of the TG-16 version. When I search gamefaqs, I see there's also an NES version. Is it correct that TG-16 should be a separate page from GB? Is the NES version the same as either of the other two? Thanks!

Hi Radix.  The short answer is the versions are all pretty different.  Smiley  Also, did you need me to write anything for the game page intro or do you have that covered?
I'm addicted to games
I just copied it from the GB page - let me know if anything should change.
Not at all, I think it's good.
Edit history:
ConHuevos: 2014-12-04 10:36:47 am
Ciento Dos Huevos
Awesome run, grew up playing this and Bonk's Revenge.  Amazing that Jeff wishes he didn't use turbo on a game where the developers actually intended it to be used for flipping and hovering through the air lol. 
Edit history:
DK28: 2014-12-05 11:18:29 am
Quote from ConHuevos:
Awesome run, grew up playing this and Bonk's Revenge.  Amazing that Jeff wishes he didn't use turbo on a game where the developers actually intended it to be used for flipping and hovering through the air lol. 

Thank you  Cheesy

This run has been on my list for years, don't know why it took so long to do, but I'm glad I waited.  Doing it on stream was actually really motivating (Thank you zallard and Blecky).  Otherwise I may have been 'satisfied' before getting the sub 30.

As for the turbo, yeah, this run would be much slower without the air spinning.  And even I won't mash for that...  Wink
Edit history:
ConHuevos: 2014-12-05 11:28:36 am
ConHuevos: 2014-12-05 11:27:46 am
ConHuevos: 2014-12-05 11:27:46 am
Ciento Dos Huevos
The funny part was is it's designed around that whole mechanic of using turbo for the air spin haha.

Ya it was a great run, but I can see a lot of improvements that could be made, hope you continue to improve it.  I was thinking of running Revenge myself as I'm more familiar with it than Adventure.
Please run Revenge.  I'm terrible at that game.