--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Blaster Master Zero (ntscus) (switch) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Unlimited Mode]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jordan 'Greenalink' Greener!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Blaster Master Zero (ntscus) (switch) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Unlimited Mode]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/blastermasterzero-20170406/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
DS Dictator
Spoilers:
The run is only 8 minutes long.
Any questions feel free to ask.
Professional Second Banana
A/V quality is excellent.  Haven't played BM0 myself yet, so not able to comment on the routing or weapon choices; but the platforming/combat all look very well executed for the strats used.  Vote to accept.

Also, felt weird to see a Blaster Master run without pausing during screen transitions. Tongue
Excellently executed run. I can't say much about the routes, but there was nothing that seemed questionable to me. It's also quite a bit faster than other reported times for this category.

Easy accept
Decision posted.
DS Dictator
First Nintendo Switch run!

Timing:
Starting: I've timed it on the first frame that show an afterblur image of the tank.
Ending: On the first frame where the white HP bar (M.Overlord) suddenly vanishes.
Time: 8:26.573

In-game time is not used because it gets added during the slow ending/credits sequence.
Could you help me with the categories a bit here: looks like you get to choose between two tanks (in Unlimited mode as well?) and are there some DLC characters too? Also, is the bad ending for this game actually not the any%?
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2017-07-04 03:06:23 pm
DS Dictator
Unlimited Mode (the run I did) is basically NG+ and I went for the bad ending which is defeating Area 8 Boss.
Good Ending is almost 100%, you need to get everything in Areas 1-8 to unlock the hidden Area 9.  Area 9 does have a map item to pick-up but is not required to get the good ending.

Categories and descriptions:

Normal Mode bad ending: Start new game, beat Area 8 Boss
Normal Mode good ending: Find every upgrades in Areas 1-8 and defeat Area 8 boss, then complete Area 9

Destroyer Mode bad ending: Basically a hardcore mode  Start new game, beat Area 8 Boss
Destroyer Mode good ending: Hard difficulty, Find every upgrades in Areas 1-8 and defeat Area 8 boss, then complete Area 9

EX Mode Gunvolt bad ending: Start new game, beat Area 8 Boss
EX Mode Gunvolt good ending: Find every upgrades in Areas 1-8 and defeat Area 8 boss, then complete Area 9

EX Mode Ekoro bad ending: Start new game, beat Area 8 Boss
EX Mode Ekoro good ending: Find every upgrades in Areas 1-8 and defeat Area 8 boss, then complete Area 9

Unlimited mode bad ending: NG+ Beat Area 8 boss
Unlimited mode good ending: NG+  Find every upgrades in Areas 1-8 and defeat Area 8 boss, then complete Area 9

More DLC characters are in the works
Shantae this Thursday.
Shovel Knight next month.
That's another 4 more categories for this game.

Okay, and I presume every DLC character can only run that EX mode? Then I'll make categories exactly as you've listed them, except you didn't mention about the tanks. Do you always choose between two tanks or what?
DS Dictator
You can't select the tanks.
Unlimited mode runs are the only categories that allow players to start the game with Sophia Zero (NG+/Area 9 tank).
All of the other categories including DLC characters can only start the game with Sophia III (regular tank).
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2017-07-06 09:05:11 am
Thanks! I should be good now. Seeing as Unlimited mode is the only way to get NG+, we won't use the NG+ tag at all.