--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Stoic_Squirrel: 2015-06-30 06:59:41 pm
Stoic_Squirrel: 2015-06-30 06:59:23 pm
Congrats on the WR heny!  Looks like sub 1:50 is going to be a reality really soon, looking forward to it.  I've been working on some OOB and trigger mapping, might get lucky and find something. 

Also, I won't post it here, but did anyone else see FearfulFerret's skip tutorial?  He got HrH and Drop Cloth on the same dice roll...ever since I keep waiting for him to pop in here and say he figured out how to get a set seed, I mean, what are the odds that when he is recording a tutorial he gets the best gear on the same drop?  Heh, I can dream right Tongue
While learning the game MolluskMoth yesterday had the idea of suiciding in Comstock House to get a health refill for the later parts: http://www.twitch.tv/molluskmoth/c/6927593

I experimented with that a bit and came up with this simple time saver that saves about 5 seconds compared to his method while still getting the additional health: http://www.twitch.tv/henyk/c/6928944
In general the health should be useful because you can do quite a few additional HRH boosts in the lever area so I'd say everything together might save 10-20 seconds.
Quote from RealLink:
I tried getting some info using cheat engine again and there is a function to overwrite the Random Number Generation, so I always ended up with the same gear each reload from checkpoint, but not when I restarted the game or even realoaded Battleship Bay from the main menu. Not sure that means anything, in the end its still random in a run so like Numbers said there is nothing we can do about it.

hey reallink i was wondering what addresses you were looking at. it would be nice to have a reference to look at for testing.

i have a theory (you can probably say whether or not it will work) if there is a value set from the start like a seed or a number that is hrh set for that position(battle ship bay). using this number you can restart the game until that address is the correct one that spawn hrh first try.

this may have a few issues and that would be if you pick up any other gear this value could change and the value may change from loading, as we have seen with the current reload strat and/or the address isn't set until battleship bay

random side note. after you drown from the baptism you can ride one of the skyline crates around the parade float trigger, sooo... good luck getting up there X3
Quote from ckixy:

i have a theory (you can probably say whether or not it will work) if there is a value set from the start like a seed or a number that is hrh set for that position(battle ship bay). using this number you can restart the game until that address is the correct one that spawn hrh first try.

this may have a few issues and that would be if you pick up any other gear this value could change and the value may change from loading, as we have seen with the current reload strat and/or the address isn't set until battleship bay

if i remember from like 50 hours of messing around in cheat engine with it this is how hrh spawning works. using the hex editor section of CE you see that the game sets a large set of data everytime you load an area, gear being part of it.  but even if you find the hrh section and copy it, if you reset until you get hrh again its an entirely new string.  there doesnt seem to be a way to manipulate it at all
Edit history:
molluskmoth: 2015-07-15 04:21:55 pm
molluskmoth: 2015-07-15 04:19:30 pm
MoMo
Would you mind elaborating on what string you were looking at when loading the game into CE?

I've been searching for the output that is linked to the gear box itself but it kept changing while I was moving through the area so I wasnt sure if that was part of the RNG or just me looking at the wrong string.

E: I was just wondering, because of all the complaints about the health system... would it be legal to write a program or open CE to check the value of your health during the run? That way it would be possible to determine if a suicide was plausible or not... then again, i feel like it's not only the health that varies but also the damage dealt to yourself when shooting the ground.
In Resident Evil 4 speedruns they abuse the difficulty adjustment game mechanic which changes difficulty based on damage taken, shots missed, etc. Someone in that community developed a tool that allows you to see what you DA is currently at to eliminate guessing. That's pretty similar to what you are suggesting right?
I found 3 out of bounds areas that seem to be useless, but I was told to post them here anyway.

Edit history:
heny: 2015-07-19 11:30:24 am
Did a comparison of the regular way of doing Finkton Docks and RealLink's door cutscene skip. Doing the skip either with or without HRH saves about 7-9 seconds over the normal method. Using the speed boost makes the whole thing much easier/less risky though since the non-HRH jump seems very precise.

Quote from hummeldon:
In Resident Evil 4 speedruns they abuse the difficulty adjustment game mechanic which changes difficulty based on damage taken, shots missed, etc. Someone in that community developed a tool that allows you to see what you DA is currently at to eliminate guessing. That's pretty similar to what you are suggesting right?

ya sounds about right but i dont know what DA is.

ya so basically if there is a set hrh value then you wouldn't even have to move when you restart. you would look at that value(or two cause two locations) and restart until one is value x(hrh value) and if there is a seed value then we could figure out what the most common hrh spawning seeds are and restart at the beginning of runs until you get a hrh seed

the seed value has a few issues tho because we know that reloading either changes the seed and/or edits the spawn location of gear. also using a seed would be hard because they would most likely be long so it would be more along the lines of if it ends in say 8 its most likely a hrh seed

this is all speculation but it would be nice to find the memory addresses for the two locations and for the seed so we could start testing
Anyone have advice for not accidentally clicking on livesplit while doing a run? I only have one screen and messes with me more often then I'd like.
Edit history:
Stoic_Squirrel: 2015-08-10 10:25:44 pm
Stoic_Squirrel: 2015-08-10 10:10:56 pm
So I managed to stumble upon this particular glitch to bypass the fall distance barrier...I first noticed that the IDG (infinite death glitch) first found during the early days of Comstock Gate skip testing does not actually freeze Booker in place, you actually continually fall until you reach the bottom of the current map's Sky Box.  As we know, IDG seems to happen when the game does not have a "fall off a ledge" respawn point to give to Booker when he jumps off a ledge, so he gets stuck in a seemingly endless death loop.  Using this information, I decided to test this on an area we can't reach (at this point in the game) because it is out of range of the limited fall distance:

http://www.twitch.tv/stoic__squirrel/v/10467478

By avoiding stepping on the floor and sticking to Sky Hooks, Sky Lines, and railings, I manage to set up a situation where Booker has no "fall off the ledge" respawn point, resulting in an IDG when I jump off the ledge.  However, since there is a portion of the map below Booker, we manage to land on that section even though it is below the point where the game will respawn you at your last known  location after a fall.

A few notes about this example:

1.) I am out of combat (i.e., I killed all mobs before entering HoH) ***I don't know if being in/out of combat affects this glitch***
2.) The video starts just outside of Soldier's Field elevator: after killing all mobs I ran back to the elevator, which saves a reload point
3.) I entered HoH and exited; this clears the Skylines of freight cars (if you don't enter HoH, the freight cars block your access to the Skyline)
4.) After getting the IDG to lower me to the previously out of reach area, I use a second method.  I do not understand how/why the second method (suicide jump) works in this scenario.
5.) Curiously, while in the 'IDG mode,'  I still have access to the "F" (pick up item) key/function (pause the video every second from around 1:09 to 1:12 and you will see the ability to pick up the lockpick)
6.) You can MOVE in IDG mode...on one attempt (not in the video linked) I managed to move my cursor/spam jump and miss the platform which resulted in me landing on the bottom of the Sky Box after about 45-60 seconds.

Obviously, this glitch needs further testing for consistency and application.  Currently my hard drive is on the fritz so I most likely will have limited access to the game and internet for the immediate future.  Currently I do not have all my save files so my current run is only up until HoH, so this glitch might actually prove useful later on in the run, or earlier if we can learn more about it.  Should be available via mobile for additional explanation if needed.  Hopefully this will lead to something new...(spoilers, I found this trying to skip HoH and getting Shock Jockey from the Toy Shop, thus voiding the HrH grind)
Edit history:
heny: 2015-08-30 08:11:28 am
Got a new PB yesterday: http://www.twitch.tv/henyk/v/13430346 (1:47:13 w/o loads)
Splits: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNl0zswWsAAoXfx.png

HRH appeared on the third box I checked, so that was pretty fast. The run features a new 20 second skip that I recently came across in Monument Island Gateway. By using a cargo speed boost (strat found by RealLinkx with a new setup I figured out: http://www.twitch.tv/henyk/v/11950145) you can be at a certain point on the skyline before a scripted barge arrives. That way you can jump off to it, land on its invisible hitbox in mid-air and run directly to the Tolling entrance.

Unfortunately the PB also includes a few significant mistakes such as not getting the Prophet's Cabin skip (once again ;_;) because of ammo issues and screwing up some stuff after Hall of Heroes.

My sum of best has dropped to a low 1:45 (RTA) now so I'll be going for at least a low 1:47 time before I quit Any%. By not making major mistakes even a 1:46 would be no sorcery anymore though. Smiley

Another thing to note: we, the active runners, have agreed on changing the timing for starting runs in BSI since the start up logo animation can actually still be part of a loading sequence on slower Hardware. That eventually causes issues with the no loads plugin for LiveSplit. By starting roughly 10 seconds later this problem gets sorted out.

Yet another improvement. Got really good HRH luck again with it appearing on the second gear box.

While this isn't perfect execution wise I'm pretty happy with the run overall. There are no major mistakes except maybe for missing the Skyline Barge Skip in the beginning. Also the mid-game segments were a tad sloppy and some fights (especially the last one) could have been faster but you can't have it all, right? Wink

I guess with another fast HRH drop I could easily improve this by at least 30 seconds or so, but for now I'll focus on some other games and categories that I've been wanting to learn for a while.

Twitch VoD with timer: http://www.twitch.tv/henyk/v/14805498
Splits: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COQWKkAWcAA48px.png
THis is a possible new way to do the bird and cage.. Needs more testing but i managed it 1ce its 100% possible to do but i think its very fps dependent.... So you  jump from the crate to the right hit the Ice Cream box look up hold space and you will wall climb on top of the building next to the one in the classic skip and than its the same as before ... Jump over invisible wall go to lock pick... Maybe for people that can put out insane fps this could more reliant...

Edit history:
Kitarilou: 2015-10-18 04:17:51 am
Kitarilou: 2015-10-18 04:09:10 am
hello there

long time reader first time poster (at least I don't remember if I ever did)

I've been running the game for quite a long while though I stopped for about six months and I discovered lately that new skips were found. and I'm having an awful lot of trouble with hoh elevator skip. I can't get booker to go up. or if I do he only gets about halfway before stopping dead.

I've been trying to emulate the video posted a few pages back but to no avail and I'm thinking it might have to do with my framerate being too high. that's the only thing I see being wrong at this point...

it's 330+ most of the time. when they where of consequence to the game I used to be able to do all the other sticky  wall skips but since then I changed my graphic card and I used to stream my attemps then so my framerate was more like 120. do you guys think it could be the reason? if not is there something I didn't get from the video?

anyway thanks if you can answer me, thanks for all the tips I got from reading here and sorry to bother you guys

EDIT -> I shit you not! My framerate was too high !!! I redownloaded xsplit and started streaming I did it first try though when the frames where going too high again I would go down -_- I don't know I'm gonna make this work

EDIT 2 -> so yeah fps needs to be under 260 to work. works best around 150. if ever someone gets in the same situation looking to the right and pushing left till you get higher than the building works great. also, if you fall off the invisible road up there you can go back up by sticky walling (yes I invent words but english is not my first language sorry) the big red  ad  panel on the left
this is weird, I never heard of high fps giving more trouble to do these kinds of skips. I remember that in the old way factory skip the higher fps you had the easier it was to stick on the wall. I guess this one is different, good find!
I know right? I actually had about 300 fps when doing the old factory skip and it helped. but now I don't know. I'm actually thinking about running the game on higher quality so as to drop my fps since there are no other stickywall skips anymore
I've always run the game on PS3, but I just started transitioning over to the PC version. The first thing I noticed was that the Lutece Twins room (where you first get the Shield Vigor Infusion or whatever, in the bar near the beginning right after Raffle Skip), they have 4 gears and a bunch of other Infusion Upgrades lying around. Is this from the DLC? If so, which? I'd like to get the game back to the vanilla config (or I guess at worst these gears would make it easier to get HRH reliably since it's near the beginning). I suppose I could also get all the infusions I'd need for the whole game in this room instead of picking them up along the way.
Hey Scriv!  I don't have access to my BSI files (hard drive malfunction), but if I remember correctly, those gears and vigors are from the Season Pass DLC.  Find the directory that has the Season Pass, Burial at Sea 1 & 2 files (if you have them), and just move the Season Pass folder to another place on your hard drive.  This should remove the gears, vigors, and machine gun upgrade (the machine gun w/ the pass is golden and does 25% more damage).  I believe the consensus here is that a run w/ the Season Pass DLC isn't valid.  Hope that helps, cheers! 
Quote from Stoic_Squirrel:
Hey Scriv!  I don't have access to my BSI files (hard drive malfunction), but if I remember correctly, those gears and vigors are from the Season Pass DLC.  Find the directory that has the Season Pass, Burial at Sea 1 & 2 files (if you have them), and just move the Season Pass folder to another place on your hard drive.  This should remove the gears, vigors, and machine gun upgrade (the machine gun w/ the pass is golden and does 25% more damage).  I believe the consensus here is that a run w/ the Season Pass DLC isn't valid.  Hope that helps, cheers! 

Thanks, mate!

I'm obviously slow to the PC party, but will do!
Could someone possibly upload a save file with HRH? At the moment the only thing keeping me away from practicing new stuff is the farming for it.
Edit history:
Amuse: 2015-12-31 10:34:18 am
Amuse: 2015-12-31 10:34:00 am
Location: Tickets to the first lady airship booth, I found a way to get on top of the structure on the left when you enter the room, not sure if you can take this anywhere but will post screenshots in a while after im done testing with it (its very inconsistent) basically you do a small strafejump onto a light fixture next to the cabinet closest to the booth and you spam jump and there is a ledge you can stand on, with another strafe jump you can get on top of the wall to your right. PS: You can get on the scaffolding too but i cant find anyway that would be useful but you just jump on the cart and then hop up from there onto the light fixture.
Seems like you have to land right on top of the light fixture and jump up from there to get to it, just something interesting I found it could be useful if you could jump through the gap but I'm not certain if it will load or not.

we tried testing this some time ago, no sucess jumping over that gap
Edit history:
midnight477: 2016-01-13 12:18:16 am
midnight477: 2016-01-12 03:29:24 pm
Hello everybody,

I'm noob in the bioshok infinite speedrun  and I have 0 % success for the cage and  bird glitch. Have you some advice ? and if you have tips for the rest of the run for noob, I'm interested ^^

Thank you very much !