Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 <- 1 ... 11
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
http://steamcommunity.com/app/113200/discussions/0/828925849138118898/
This should help with people who wanna speedrun The Binding of Isaac vanilla (without DLC), but already have the DLC
i'm a GOD
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST, BUT I AM PISSED.
Just had a Blue Baby 14:43 run, but I was recording with EZVid, like an idiot. My friend was all like "It's a great program, screw Camtasia"
Learned it doesn't record audio too late.... after that run. It had so many mistakes, so I am almost positive it wouldn't have gotten it accepted (Obviously) But still, I did the Blue Baby fight with either 3-4 spirit hearts, and ended the game with 2 spirit hearts. I was literally sweating at the ending....
AND I WAS AN IDIOT.
Yet again, sorry for double post, but I'm just going to cry now....
Tool-assisted speedrunner
I think this is probably the fastest run so far. Not sure who the guy is, but I saw a post in the binding of isaac facebook page, linking to this video. The final time, if you remove the 15 seconds of the game freezing on him, is 8:44. Pretty fast!
i'm a GOD

Sheol run in 8:55 by the same person. Improvable but such good luck, he got 3 Secret room items, IN A ROW. first being Epic Fetus, Second being Shovel, and 3rd being Unicorn horn which he didn't take.
Quote from yoshipro101:
Sheol run in 8:55 by the same person. Improvable but such good luck, he got 3 Secret room items, IN A ROW. first being Epic Fetus, Second being Shovel, and 3rd being Unicorn horn which he didn't take.

Incredible luck, but I can't help but be annoyed by his runs. He must spend an insane amount of time luck manipulating in Epic Fetus on the first floor, but he clearly hasn't spent any time at all planning out how to proceed from there. His luck feels like so much wasted potential...

I'm still hoping for that perfect BoI speedrun: Start -> bomb to secret room -> Epic Fetus -> beeline for Blue Baby. So if you can stomach the amount of restarts these attempts must take yoshi, my hat off to you and good luck!
Edit history:
yoshipro101: 2013-04-01 03:04:04 am
yoshipro101: 2013-04-01 03:03:02 am
i'm a GOD

(Run starts around 1:35)
Beat current WR by 2 seconds with NO shovel.
Current Sheol WR with Shovel or without Smiley
Also the RNG was really good in this run but I went the wrong way in Womb 1, which probably costed me a Chest WR.
Despite all the small mistakes I'm kinda proud of this.
FYI this wasn't supposed to be a Sheol run, I kind of went there by accident.
Can't wait to see the next Sheol run Smiley
This was streamed live so the quality is quite low Sad Oh well you get the idea at least!
Impressive! Enjoyed this a lot more than the WR chest run, you have a plan and a lot of skill. Hopefully you'll get the luck you need as well Smiley

Btw, if you want more practice at the actual run, not just time spent going for epic fetus, consider using Cheat Engine to start you off with epic fetus, plus optionally compass, shovel etc. Won't help you with the actual run, but might make you more confident that you know exactly what to do when the stars align in your actual attempts.

That said, doesn't really look like you need it ;), thought I'd mention it though!
i'm a GOD
Yeah I've considered that, never got around to it. I messed out with the idea with wrong warping with shovel but I don't think the game's that broken, though I can trigger a debug screen Tongue
Heh, was about to ask what you meant by debug screen, but a quick googling turned up your twitch.tv-video. Pretty weird, but then again, this game is preeeeeeeetty glitchy.
i'm a GOD
Not entirely sure if it's new news, but you can get Ending 13 without ever visiting the Chest
Would this count as a new category, or still the same?
So I have not seen any threads talking about Rebirth so I thought I would resurrect this thread instead of creating a new one.

I did not play much of the original or WOTL, but I have to say Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is my favorite game of last year. So many item combinations, coupled with the fact that there are many bosses and room combinations, that it's very rare to have the same type of run.  In addition, according to a blog post on the BoI website, the upcoming expansion "Afterbirth" will be adding even more items and enemies.  I currently have a few more things to do on Hard before I become a Platinum God, but I definitely see myself playing this for a long time afterwards.

In terms of speedrunning, a lot of the same issues that were had with the original and WOTL are still here (RNG, bad items, etc.) but that's to be expected.  I've done some Google searching and saw some interesting categories, like beat the Chest with all of the characters and PlatinumGod% (100% the game), although I'm sure it takes an insane amount of luck and resetting in order to get a "short" time.  It's still a lot of fun to speedrun singular runs and I plan on doing so more in the future.  Anyone else currently putting time into this?
This might make it less impressive but Rebirth allows you to seed runs, reducing (but not eliminating) the randomness. I'm not 100% sure what's considered as far as level generation goes, but if you find a particularly good run (eg excellent items, good pills, good drops), you can optimize it. Granted, this would warrant its own category, and there's too many factors to consider before you could create such a category... (eg is this going to be run on a fresh file or a full completed file?)

Heck, I'm going to share details about this one seed that I found potentially good:

- Hard Mode
- Azazel (ez mode, I know, but shaddup)
- Seed: F13H X6WW
- Afterbirth Expansion Required

Basement 1 Item Room has Ludovico Effect, giving you a permanent, large, but fairly slow Brimstone ring. Curse room has two Evil Hearts, then go north two rooms and left to get a Dice Shard (but only if you visited Curse Room beforehand). The run just kinda gets better from then on: You can get two Infestation Items from Basement 2 and Depths 2, respectively; You can get Proptosis and Ventricle Scalpel (which is basically a portal gun!!!) on Caves 1 (or 2? I don't immediately remember, I discovered this run yesterday). At Womb 1, the Boss drops Whore of Babylon, and the Devil Room gives The Pact. There's a lot of other stuff that I haven't considered: you can eventually get the Left Hand trinket, but I don't know what items you can get.

Ways to optimize:
- knowing where to use the Dice Shard
- Using the Pill Cap trinket (acquired from Cracker Jacks, but there weren't really any pills worth getting)
- knowing where to use evil hearts to clear the room (I think the best example so far is using the Basement 1 Curse Room to get within hit range, then just going straight up; you'll hit an enemy, which clears the room allowing you to just zoom right through)
- alternatively, knowing where to pick up soul hearts to avoid the evil heart animation (or git gud, I guess :P)
- Maaaaaaaybe using the Restock Item to find good store items?

I'd love to try optimizing this run, when I can find some time (and if this actually becomes a category... :< )