Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: Severely lacking in execution.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1256/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/bbuttvirtstup-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 1, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Doing this between another verification cause I at least played the game.

At 0:57 the runner misses the super loogie (the green one) that you're supposed to land on the principal's head. This ends the minigame but it's missed so another 20 seconds are wasted... So it's quite a considerable mistake at under a minute in which makes me think this can't really be accepted right now. Even the relative position of the principal (he has to walk an extra 2-3 seconds to get to the door) loses more time...

Basically after looking at a few reference videos I found that the principal always appears at 30 seconds in. There's plenty of time to get your ten connections in by then and hit the first green glob on his head directly. The runner isn't currently even going for the paper airplanes which are a valid target as well. (Yes one of the videos confirms you can hit them, the hitboxes help you out even). There's some amount of luck with this since the things that appear are random-ish (saw two videos where the exact same pattern occured so I'm presuming there's only a certain number of possibilities). Still, taking prediction shots is another way to get a better score systematically.

1:34 Would like to ask the runner what this little wait is for... is the game loading something?
2:04 Uses wrong command on the paper?
2:22 Forgets what to do for a sec

5:55 Completely forgot to bring the squirrel along causing a lot of time to be lost.
6:35 Only has to return to the school here because of forgetting to pick up another item the first time he walked past it.
8:20 There's a total hassle with which items need to be obtained in which order around this whole part... The first visit to the taxidermy shop should yield the pen which in turn allows you to get the squirrel in one visit to the part (correct me if I'm forgetting something).

So yeah in many parts the execution is okay but there's also really bad mistakes such as forgetting to collect items or briefly visiting the wrong location. With some more practice there'd be less hesitation about where each item is in the inventory (they're always in the same spots). I'm confident a full minute can be saved for a sub-10 time.

For the record, you can let the final cutscene play since timing ends before it.

reject
Edit history:
AlecK47: 2014-09-24 10:59:13 pm
I don't know this game, but having watched it I see no reason to disagree with LotBlind.  If items missed need to be unlocked or something it would be nice to know, but otherwise it just seems like sloppy routing.  Games that don't have much, if any, RNG are generally held to a higher standard, which is another point to note.  That said, other than the loogie section the runner seemed to do well enough at what was planned, possibly other than a couple mistakes, whether in routing or simply forgetting things, so I could definitely see them submitting an acceptable run with a bit more work.  For now though I have to call this a reject as well.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
Okay I'm only a minute and a half in, and already I don't want to watch the rest of this. In fact, I don't need to. Just on the loogie part alone there is missed shot after missed shot. I don't know what the ending trigger on this section of the game actually is, but if its the green loogie hitting the principal, then this is an auto reject just based on that. If its getting to the 2nd green loogie, then I'm still rejecting based on the performance in this section. It's way too sloppy and its literally the first thing of substance you do in the game.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2014-09-25 11:48:56 am
It wasn't routing mistakes (necessarily), looked like simply forgetting what to do when.

The squirrel can be acquired when you have the spatula (from the burger place), the hammer (from the prison entrance on your second visit) and the pen from the taxidermist's. Also it only appears on your second visit to the park. I didn't note what things the runner forgot to do where but I'm 100% he simply forgot to get the pen first time around. I agree with AlecK: execution is good but need to memorize item locations in the inventory better cause there's a lot of hesitation there with this attempt.

You need to score 10 hits to get the green snot that ends the minigame, no reason to do any more than that. Should be doable before the principal shows up.

Runner: maybe you can try practising the game in like 3-4 segments so you've got each one absolutely nailed and memorized and then try to combine them into the submission SS run again. If that helps. Double-check your routing too.
Decision posted.