List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/BattletoadsAndDoubleDragon.html

Battletoads & Double Dragon (Any %) (Single Segment) [Co-Op]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
This run is absolutely ridiculous. This game is pretty random in enemy behavior, is generally glitchy as hell, and very rarely will participate in anything you want to do. These guys obviously have a really good handle on where all the enemies are going to arrive, and get very few fights with bad luck. There's some tricks and such they didn't go for, but considering the circumstances of these attempts, it's completely forgivable (honestly I'd forgive them for not attempting some of them without that stipulation).

I also just want to say, for a guy who claims to hate beatemups, PJ sure picked a game that's heavy on the genre.

But anyways, this run is
PJ & MechaRichter
-The Ultimate Accept-

Quote:
I was turned to at AGDQ, moments after the run was finished. FunkDoc as my witness, both PJ and MechaRichter turned to me and said "You're verifying this, or they'll never find the body." As such, here is my verification of...

BATTLEAMPHIBIANS AND DUO-REPTARS: THE ULTIMATE ALLIANCE....I think.

Audio/Visual:  Solid NES recording, in spite of the cables being notoriously sensitive. Audio is superb.

Gameplay: First off, theis run has behavior RNG like you wouldn't believe. By utilizing the big hit glitches and going right to finishing attacks, Jammy and Pimpin can finish off enemies well before they shoud die. Knowing where and when to utilize glitches is critical in a game involving Battletoads, as they are EVERYWHERE and can ruin things mighty quick if done wrong. A few points occur where Pimpin whiffs a big hit, and that's due to items or enemy states triggering odd targeting. The lack of times that happens is testament to the runner's knowledge and skill. Most crazy tricks executed involve death in failure, so props to having stones of steel.

Abobo: Abeaten
Big Blagg: In the bag
Roper: The Team's Doper
Rat Ship: Reduced to $#!^
General Slaughter: Can only pray for the headbutts to stop.
Robo-Beanhead: Misses touching the ground
Shadow Master: His AI is still trying to fight Jammy
Dark Queen: Its safe to say she....got burned.

Accept for SDA? YEEEEEEEEAH!

Great job by the runners, truly the Ultimate Team. Only a first turn Exo could be more powerful.

Quote:
Fliptoad the Dragon,

Audio/Visual good, there may be cheating cause the run is too good.

I'm not 100% sure if I'd rather suffer through this or the super port, but this run is outstanding.  I wanted to say nice things, but the audio commentary does an amazing job of the runners themselves saying how great every part is.  So I'll leave it at that and give this run a hug, kiss and my seal of approval.

ACCEPT

Quote:
Co-op wins. Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Patrick 'PJ' DiCesare & Todd 'Mecha Richter' Foreman!
Thread title:  
Is PJ
Despite threatening verifier #2, I don't remember who it is.  That's how serious I am.  You're lucky you verified, because not even I would find the body.

Thanks for verifying, everybody!  I'm amazed there's this much praise.  I feel like we made a lot more mistakes, but I'm glad it didn't show too much.  I think we're planning on improving this someday, but for now I'm really happy with this.  ^_^
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quick question about this game. I'm guessing the Nes and 16-bit versions are separate categories?
Is PJ
Very yes.  My SNES run is like 5 minutes faster than this submission, even though it is terrible.  The screen scrolls faster, the levels are smaller, and there is a lot less lag.  Both games have completely different tricks, too.  Nearly everything in the NES version is absent from the SNES version.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
That's cause the SNES version is SUPER charged...
Is PJ
Quote from DK28:
That's cause the SNES version is fucking terrible.

Fixed.
Sorry, my computer has auto correct...
Talk to the Hand
Quote from PJ:
Quote from DK28:
That's cause the SNES version is SUPER terrible.

Fixed.

Fixed again.
Quote from Emptyeye:
Quote from PJ:
Quote from DK28:
That's cause the SNES version is like the Power Glove.

Fixed.

Fixed again.

Final Fix.
Pudding%
Quote from DK28:
Quote from Emptyeye:
Quote from PJ:
Quote from DK28:
That's cause the SNES version is like the using the Power Glove to control the UForce.

Fixed.

Fixed again.

Final Fix.

Final final extra final fix.