List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-10-30 12:17:32 pm
SDAVerification: 2013-10-29 08:49:28 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Batman Returns (Any %) (Single Segment) (Genesis)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'honorableJay'!

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Batman Returns (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/batman_returns_verif.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 24, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
The Dork Knight himself.
I finally got around to updating the comments, which should give better insight as to what was going on.
Terraffirmative!
A/V looks fine. Doesn't appear to be any cheating. The routes taken look solid, lots of damage boosting everywhere and some apparently planned deaths and such but no big deal. Weapon use also appears to have been well thought through. My biggest complaint is honestly that he goes into the menu before starting and selects 7 lives, but by the end of the game he's never even dipped below 7 even with the deaths. It doesn't cost time or anything, it just looks sloppy to me since it seems to imply that they'd be used in some way to speed up the run.

Either way, accept.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2013-10-10 10:13:57 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
Good point Murph. Honestly I chose 7 out of habit for peace of mind. Normal runs for this game have at least 3-4 more deaths just from bullshit ice physics or the flame clowns dishing out the hurt. Next time though I'll definitely just leave everything at the default 3 lives.

Btw, I'm a little iffy about the encode. It's supposed to be a HQ from yua, and since it was the first run where I used x264 lossless, I get the feeling that there's a slight audio desync. Maybe it's just me, but the audio seems to be about 3-4 frames ahead of the video (it seemed to be more pronounced after the Credits fight when Catwoman hits the ground).
Willing to teach you the impossible
Hmmm, I dont even know the ruling on this. The runner increased the amount of player lives before starting the game. I dont know if that is allowed or not. The player dies twice and seems to be part of the route. But never comes close to using all the lives that he gained in the menu screen. So it really did not effect the game play. I will say it looks bad as to just playing on default settings. But again, it had no effect unless it makes the game harder somehow.

As for the game play, the runner fumbles the inventory almost every time a weapon is changed, Kills only the needed enemies, and seems to handle the movement well (looking at you up+jump).

I would rather see a run done on default settings if the player count does not change anything else. I can see this being improvable. Regardless, I say accept.
Not a walrus
If it's just part of the options menu then it's fine, but it sounds like it doesn't affect anything in this case anyway.
I am a walrus
A/V seems fine, no cheating that I notice.

Taking damage instead of avoiding it seems pretty efficient to me and the deaths seem to be well timed to allow this.

Taking the extra lives doesn't violate any rule that i'm aware of.

Accept.
Decision posted.
The Dork Knight himself.
Sweet, thx for watching this train wreck of a game guys Smiley

Now all I need is the official timing and I can get the final encodes uploaded.
Waiting hurts my soul...
What platform is this for?
Not a walrus
Looks like Genesis.
The Dork Knight himself.
Yeah it's Genesis.
The Dork Knight himself.
Btw, since this went through public verification, am I still gonna get a PM with the official timing and the go ahead to upload the final encodes?
Edit history:
IsraeliRD: 2013-11-03 07:33:14 pm
Dragon Power Supreme
I can PM you when timing is done, but you'll be able to see on the runpage itself when the run title has an official time next to it.