Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 ... 16, 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Arkham speed runner.
I will whip something up when I get a moment, I have never tried it on the pc version myself.

The XP thing, I am guessing mashing a button yourself is too slow to get dupe pickups, right? extra xp could speed up a run a little bit.
The Dork Knight himself.
Charlitian confirmed you can do it with a controller, but you gotta be real good with mashing. The other thing you have to remember is that you cannot move while doing it or you'll dive roll and cancel out all other use commands (not sure about vent crawling though). I believe the max Charli got was 5 dupes on one trophy, which is pretty insane mashing.
Hi all.

I know this thread is about speedrunning but I was just wondering what the high scores for the challenge maps are?
Is there a community for this? Maybe a site similar to Assasson's Creed's The Hidden Blade?

Thanks.
The Dork Knight himself.
Unfortunately I have no clue if anybody keeps track of high scores for the challenge maps.
Arkham Speedrunner
Doesnt the game have built in leaderboards when you are online? I remember it always being full of hackers though
Arkham speed runner.
I know it did when GFWL was enabled, no idea about the steam version.

Even the 360 version has cheated high scores.
Edit history:
AKheon: 2015-02-15 02:46:14 am
Glitch advocate
I found a way to make Batman zip using corner cover. This might come in handy?

At first doing this was only possible using a corner cover that allows Batman to turn around. But this morning me and Pewable discovered a way to zip using any cover.

To do the glitch with a cover that lets you turn, first put Batman against the cover. Then turn, and buffer a batarang aim during the turning animation. Before the turning animation is over, press "leave cover" to start the glitch. Then, the next time Batman turns, he is sent zipping to some half-predetermined direction. The timing can be easier (and results slightly different) if you turn on spot more than once.

To do the glitch using a single direction cover, enter the cover. Aim the batarang, then let Batman sheathe it again. Then, right as Batman has put the batarang away, press aim and "leave cover" in a quick succession. If the camera angle changes a bit but Batman is still covering, you know the glitch has started. Alternatively, sometimes Batman is in a state where pressing aim and "leave cover" causes the aim animation to reset. In that case, holding down aim and pressing "leave cover" at a certain point very early in the animation causes Batman the glitch to begin.

I guess I'll start a new save and see if these zips lead to new shortcuts, etc.
Edit history:
Feanorus: 2015-06-11 07:46:14 am
Feanorus: 2015-06-11 07:41:48 am
Feanorus: 2015-06-11 07:41:48 am
Feanorus: 2015-02-15 02:49:13 am
Wow. Not me to say, since i didn't spend nearly as much time in this game as i do in City, but it easily can lead to a bigger advancements than the bell skip. We have very similar glitch in Arkham City, that allowed us to skip a few bits of gameplay.
Also, can we get you in IRC? #batman channel at irc.speedrunslive.com, that's where current active runners usually procrastinate.
Glitch advocate
I've heard that this glitch doesn't work on PC, likely due to patches. So it seems zipping is an advantage only console players can take an advantage of.

I went through the first part of the game checking out the various cover locations and the zips they produce. Here's a small compilation of the most interesting or useful finds.

Arkham Speedrunner
Wow this is an awesome find! Can't wait to see what people can do with it
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Brilliant stuff, this does at least partially answer the question of why the Corner Cover Zip didn't work on Asylum while it did on City - guessing it's something to do with the improved remote batarang mechanics.

I'll try and get this to work on my console and once I've figured how to do I'll try to replicate it in City and... the other one...

I thought my first stream once I get my setup working again would be Lego Batman 3 but not anymore! Cheesy
Glitch advocate
I think this whole glitch is based on the idea of Batman being in covering mode while not attached to a specific wall. The game has some auto-positioning stuff going on when doing cover actions, so if Batman is not attached to a wall, the game instead attempts to position him at something else (not sure what exactly). Consider this. In Asylum the glitch begins by pressing "leave cover" during a correct part of an aiming animation. While the animation does not interrupt from the button press and everything looks like normal afterwards, Batman has in fact become loose from the wall as far as the game knows. Then the zipping starts when you do a next cover action with auto-positioning.

I did some tests at Medical Facility. There is a zip that lets you go out of bounds right next to the elevator leading downstairs. But things are mostly unloaded down below, and I haven't found an use for it yet. Another zip lets you enter Sanatorium while it is half-unloaded and everything is black. I tried doing stuff like entering the elevator after rescuing everyone while the room was unloaded, but all I found was just ways to get stuck in the game in creative ways.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Diab has already done some experiments in Medical Facility and you can skip rescuing the three doctors if we can get into the vent area.  At the very least we should be able to skip the doctors even if we can't remove the whole scarecrow bit.
Can this be used in any way to bypass force fields? Was thinking of the first force field where you have to wait for Joker's dialogue to finish. If you can get out of bounds here or get past the force field would save a lot of time on the fight and waiting for Joker's dialogue.
Edit history:
AKheon: 2015-02-19 01:02:24 pm
Glitch advocate
From what I've seen so far, Batman will be caught by any force fields and is shocked by them when zipping.

EDIT: you can zip past the first fight at Old Sewer without enemies noticing you, saving a little bit of time. However, so far I don't have a way to do this 100% consistently...
Can this be used to get into Croc's lair early or get you up to the wall that you need the ultraclaw to pull down in the sewers? Probably not beneficial in anyway. Curious if you can break the game, like disabling the water pumps earlier or getting the plant material early. I'd test myself, but unfortunately I can't at the moment.
Arkham speed runner.
OK I only just found out about this watching a VOD of sundays TSSB where the magical robo sparkle mentioned it, i'm getting goose bumps thinking about it.

Over the year I have done a lot of debugging to see what works early and what can be skipped (via teleporting through walls you normally can't) and if this zip can do that for us without cheats, we have a possablilty to shave a good 20 minutes off Asylum any% runs.

I don't have my 360 any longer but my brother has one, going to pinch it and run some 360 console tests if I can get it working with the games on demand digital version as it's the copy I own.

One day I will install the PC version from dvd and keep it unpatched, maybe we can figure it out there also.
Arkham speed runner.
You might be able to get into the pump rooms early entering in from the exit however the grapple points in the elevator shaft only spawn later in the game when you rip down the walls after the titan battle, if you break a wall down any other way early you get trapped without a way to escape down there as the start of that fight kills the ledge grapple points to stop early escapes.

Doing objectives early doesn't always trigger the next objective, the game works in stages and there's 7 key chapters to the game, you sadly can't skip one completely and some chapter change points are key fights or cut scenes, for example you need to beat ivy to load up the chapter where you fight and defeat titan joker without softlocking, you need to beat bane to start chapter 2, so forth.
Edit history:
Diablohead: 2015-02-24 09:05:23 am
Arkham speed runner.
Here is a video of skipping the doctors, you have to keep in mind that once the two doctors near the lift are activated all lower floor collision is loaded in, making the glide to the vent from OOB impossible.

*now with working youtube video*
Glitch advocate
Very nice! This should save something like 5 minutes in a speedrun, right?

Currently casually playing through City. I'll return to examining Asylum once I'm done with that...
Arkham speed runner.
First run with the tricks found so far, at one point I was at -5:00 but console loading and sloppy playing dropped it a bit.

Edit history:
honorableJay: 2015-02-24 10:50:54 pm
honorableJay: 2015-02-24 07:22:27 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
Ok, I have confirmed that the zip glitch will work on PC, but I was only able to test the original v1.0 DVD release. I can no longer load the steam v1.1 release since Securom wants me to authorize my comp to play the game with my serial number (that Steam no longer will show me). If anybody still has v1.1 installed confirmation on whether or not it works would be appreciated. As for using GFWL, even though the service is turned off, you can create a new account and make it an offline profile. This allows you to play the game normally with no issues.

This does present a problem: do we allow people to use this version to run the game and/or split the leaderboards to match?
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
It sounds like an absolute arseache to get this version if you don't already happen to have it although it is clearly faster by at least a few minutes (more if more zips are found).  As it is still the fastest version I'd say allow it on the leaderboards but make a note on version so instead of PC it says PC (v 1.0) instead.

Similarly, if a new run comes up on SDA then I don't think a 1.0 PC version should obsolete a Steam PC run.

Personally I would be very interested if we can find more uses for this zip so that optimal console and optimal PC runs are once again comparable Smiley
I need to try and run this, it's the perfect modern game for it.

Metroid elements in a 3D action game. Yes please.
Arkham speed runner.
I personally dislike seperating versions but if the original pc release is hard to come by we may have to just so it's fair for all.

Jay am I right in hearing you stream last night that Dr. skip (nice pun whoever called it this lol) on pc needs to be done with 30fps gameplay? sounds like a bummer for pc runners.