List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Decision: Accept if the video is re-encoded to fix the bobbing.

Reason: Solid run. Funkdoc shows clear knowledge of spawn locations of important enemies. Strange graphical behavior in level 4 is legit, easy to recreate by spamming bull ram. Funkdoc also shows mastery of each unique moveset, fully utilizing the strengths of each one. The use of invulnerability(?) frames on some of the moves to dodge attacks is efficient and well-executed where it saves time. Bosses are all taken down relatively quickly, except in those few unfortunate cases where DUKE DAVIS gets nailed by the breakdancers. (I can't help myself, I have to say his name in all caps now.)

Getting through the game without a death is pretty impressive, but to do it this quickly is awesome.

My ONLY peeve with the video is that it seems to not have had the bobbing fixed. The first time I watched it I hardly noticed it, but when I watched it again because I realized I needed to grab some screenshots, it was impossible to unsee.

Quote:
About the time: Here is Josh's stream recording where he gets a 15:39. http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc/b/309416111

I'm not sure how or why the submitted video has 20 seconds added to it.

A/V: Audio is fine, video has bobbing. I'm not going to reject for the bobbing, but I would like it if the bobbing was fixed.

The gameplay in this run is really good. There's not many mistakes, and the few there are don't cost much time at all. Josh had good luck when it came to the breakdancing Richard Geres/Edgar Winters, especially in the last level where they could have infinited him. All of the moves were used effectively - Elbows were used to jump over attacks, throws were used for infinites, and stooge hits were landed! (seriously it is so hard to land that move) I agree with Josh that the rotating moveset is a really cool idea, but I don't know about this game not being an actual good beat 'em up.

Accept because this is a really good run of an awesomely bad game.

Quote:
Audio: Good
Video: Bob Bob Bob, Bob Bobberann

The first thing I looked for was the appearance of the crotch ram glitch. If this glitch was not performed, I would have had to reject this run out of principle. Thankfully, the first hurdle was cleared with gusto.

DUKE DAVIS fondles his enemies into submission in a very efficient manner. He misses occasionally, but it does not waste too much time and is to be expected in a game like this.

Breakdancing Edgar Winters was dealt with beautifully, and the knife grrlz played nice.

Overall: Very solid run of a magnificently poverty video game. Hope to see a run of a different version of this game so that we can see DUKE DAVIS battle the elderly.

Decision: ACCEPT.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Josh 'funkdoc' Ballard!
Thread title:  
Is PJ
SDA just got even more awesome.  Congrats Josh!
spread the dirt to the populace
Thanks yall!

About the time difference: Dazzle recordings for NES/SNES (not Famicom, it seems) are slightly slower than the real time since it can't do 60.01 fps or whatever they run at.  For some reason the gap is much larger with this game than with anything else I've run.

Not sure what to do about the bobbing...it's straight from the original Amarec recording and the anri-chan fix didn't seem to help at all.  It happens when I have Amarec open, then open XSplit, and I didn't know how to fix it at the time.  It turned out to be really simple, too...

I will gladly listen to any suggestions, as I don't know much at all about this stuff.
Edit history:
Magnum66: 2012-09-26 10:23:43 pm
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
Weird.... I just bought this game off of a friend last night...

Congrats! Smiley
HELLO!
In victory, malice. In defeat, revenge. Don't get mad, get bad.

Well done.
Edit history:
Exo: 2012-09-29 05:00:45 am
Sandbagging
Funkdoc the fondle-tron. Congratulations on nailing this one Smiley