Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Precursor
Technically, I'm still in the time zone of GMT+1.
Looks fine on my end time-wise. Going to practice the game really hard. Wink

Quote from Thomas Enigma:
Sadly I'm much too late, I would have loved to have ran MM7 Tongue the best of the bad Mega man games

I think that no Capcom-made Mega Man game (i.e. one that isn't some weird spin-off or licensed one like the PC games) truly qualifies for a marathon about awful games.
Waiting hurts my soul...
So Mysterium has stepped up its game as worst title in the marathon. So far it has soft-locked twice over about 10 attempts in the past few days. I've cleaned the cart and it hasn't happened since (although it did have a couple graphical glitches), but if that happens during the marathon we may have to kill the run (luckily it's short anyway). I'm okay with killing it if it happens; just wanted to point out the possibility.
Edit history:
RedArremer: 2014-04-29 12:27:41 pm
Actually I just realized that Saturday night would be bad for me (more due to the date rather than the time) - I'd prefer being put much earlier on the day, or into Sunday if at all possible.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
Did 4 no reset runs this morning of Shaq Fu (Genesis)

14:37
11:41 PB
14:29
12:05

I should note that these runs were done on the default settings (minus changing the game's difficulty to Easy).

I've no idea how that PB time compares to Crak_Atak's PB, as I watched it this morning, and I noticed he changed the game's speed to Fast, and the round's timer to 30. I've been practicing with the explicit purpose of playing with stock settings, since that's what I raced the game on SRL with. Should I be practicing with other settings?
Waiting hurts my soul...
Spoke too soon, had another soft-lock last night. Just have to cross my fingers it doesn't happen at game time.
Terrible at games
Now that we're 10 days away (scary), I'm going to restate. We need people to help stream. As in, we literally have no one to stream the marathon at the moment. I added a few of you to the Skype chat, but that was only the people that put Skype as their preferred method of communication. If everyone could PM me their Skypes, that would be awesome.
Edit history:
Crak Atak: 2014-05-02 12:20:03 am
Hax I used all of my strengthz
Ive played with and without fast speed, if you want to race with default settings I would be up for that Jackinthebox. As long as we're doing the same settings we should be okay.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Chiron97:
Now that we're 10 days away (scary), I'm going to restate. We need people to help stream. As in, we literally have no one to stream the marathon at the moment. I added a few of you to the Skype chat, but that was only the people that put Skype as their preferred method of communication. If everyone could PM me their Skypes, that would be awesome.

Besides that I think we should also do a testing stream (on Sunday maybe?) with a few streamers, just to see if everything works fine.
I wish I could help in regards to streaming, but my computer is terrible with handling many things at once. I'm not even sure I'll be able to have Skype while streaming Barbie Supermodel.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
Quote from Crak Atak:
Ive played with and without fast speed, if you want to race with default settings I would be up for that Jackinthebox. As long as we're doing the same settings we should be okay.

Yeah I would prefer default settings, as I don't want to be adjusting to fast speed with only a little over a week to go. I appreciate it, and this ought to be a fun race.
Edit history:
Tezur0: 2014-05-05 08:48:22 pm
Testing thing is up, PM icedpingu, if you are unaware of it.
Quote from Tezur0:
Testing thing is up, PM icedpingu, if you are unaware of it.

Right and we still need some restreamer. Sad
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-05-08 09:02:14 am
Precursor
Hm. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need Adventure Ponies moved to later, if possible. I'm going to have problems making it if it remains where it is (which should still be 22:20 my time, right?), since I suddenly got plans. Could it possibly be moved two runs down so it's right after Drakkhen instead?
No pain, no gain
Quick questions. Do we know anything about where the stream will be hosted? Do we know anything about the mumble or Skype information? And does anyone outside this thread know about the marathon? I'm really concerned--we don't have information that we need at this point, and it's possible that we won't have any viewers, either. It's possible that we could get a quick ad put together; it's a bad game marathon, so it probably doesn't even need to be pretty.

Can we please get some info today? I really want to know where to send people for the stream.
Unfortunately I'll have to withdraw Tunnel Rats as I won't be at home during the weekend.
stream will be at here: http://www.twitch.tv/badgamesmarathon
right now we think we will be using TS.
for streaming info, contact icedpingu, he set server, though we still need a restreamer.
we have skype conversetion for a long time, you just had to contact Chiron97 to be added there.
No, the OTHER Marvel!
I threw this together during some downtime at work.  It's pretty rough around the edges, but it does the job.

Nevermind that it's a Star Wars theme with Star Trek music despite there not being any Star Wars or Star Trek games in the marathon.
Quote from Brossentia:
Do we know anything about the mumble or Skype information?

We will be using Teamspeak. You will get the IP on the Skypegroup: just add dbarbarian7262, he'll invite you to the group.
No pain, no gain
Quote from SCXCR:
I threw this together during some downtime at work.  It's pretty rough around the edges, but it does the job.

Hah! I love it!

Also, thanks for the info, guys. I'll get on that Skype group soon.
Edit history:
youtl: 2014-05-09 05:20:05 am
youtl: 2014-05-09 12:19:23 am
Quote:
Can we please get some info

using teamspeak and streaming to icedpingu's rtmp server

btw RR is 4:3 incase whoever is restreaming needs to crop anything
Edit history:
Chiron97: 2014-05-09 06:11:36 am
Terrible at games
Everyone check the schedule, times have been moved back about an hour to account for withdrawals.
Precursor
So that would mean my first run would be at... 23:15 my time. Yeah, that should work. And when I say that, I mean it can't be any earlier. Which might happen when people finish ahead of estimate. So, to be safe, if possible, I'm going to request to be placed after Evangelion: Jo instead.
Quote from KennyMan666:
So that would mean my first run would be at... 23:15 my time. Yeah, that should work. And when I say that, I mean it can't be any earlier. Which might happen when people finish ahead of estimate. So, to be safe, if possible, I'm going to request to be placed after Evangelion: Jo instead.

Got you. Senzura, make sure you're alright with 40 minutes earlier.