--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Softman25: 2016-04-04 01:16:13 am
Softman25: 2016-02-25 07:22:35 pm
Softman25: 2016-02-25 07:22:03 pm
ASM has now expanded into two separate events. One on behalf of AVCon (the Adelaide Video Game and Anime Convention) and UniSA, who have graciously allowed us use of their professional facilities to host a speedrunning marathon!

These events are now in a state that they can be properly and publicly announced (tentatively) and sign ups opened. Please find sign up forms for both events below.

Sign ups have now closed! Please find a list of submitted games through the following link!

LIST OF SUBMITTED GAMES FOR ASM 2016 (Two separate sheets!)

Schedules will be posted here once they are finalised - not during drafting. (Those who have signed up at this point are those who will have the chance to comment on schedule drafts.)

Most of the information is available on the forms, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact me however you want. (I use it all)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Softman_25
Twitch: twitch.tv/softman25
Steam: Softman25
Skype: Softman25 (if that doesn't work, the account is called 'pricklyman1')

Happy sign ups, and have a great day!

The below content is old, and has been kept for posterity, and nothing more.

Hello all!

For those of you remember, in mid July, the Aussies held a little 'marathon' in the quaint town of Adelaide. This was at the benevolence of AVCon - a convention thingy. (Original thread for posterity - https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/australian_marathon_adelaide_july_1819_2015__general_discussion_schedule_before_end_of_april.html)

I'd like to think it was a relative success, and it would be a great idea to do again. With all the talk of other marathons, might not be as big, or maybe it'll be bigger, I don't know. But I'll be damned if I don't see what happens when I throw the bouncing ball out!

Click here to express your interest in attending AVCon 2016 as part of a speedrunning feature event!

Again, I stress at this point this is nothing more than information gathering. To be honest, I don't even know if a speedrunning event will be allowed at AVCon 2016, but with enough support for one, I can probably help it along. The information I do have for you at the moment is:

- The event will be on site at the convention, in Adelaide. It will be streamed if you want to watch from outside Adelaide, but for participating, get over here. (Although I might call for mods closer to the date)

- The event will be mid-late July of 2016. Nobody in the world right now knows exactly when at this point, but it will likely be during a university break

- To get into AVCon you would usually be required to purchase a ticket. There is a very high likelihood that if you participate as a runner, you will get a free ticket in (so no cost to get in, or use facilities, or enjoy yourself whilst not running!)

More information will be coming as I get it, but if you're at all interested, let us know!

There's also Spudcon coming soon-ish, (https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/spudcon_march_2016_an_aussie_speedrun_event_in_the_middle_of_bloody_nowhere_o.html) so get hype for that!
Thread title:  
At the 2 week mark we have over 50 hours worth of interest. Thank you very much to everyone who has filled out the form!

Always looking for more though. The more I can take to the AVCon people, the better it'll look, and the more resources I can try snag. So spread the word!
By way of update, this marathon may or may not be held at the convention, we may have more a more appropriate venue. When more information is available regarding this, I'll let ya'll know.

This should be towards the end of Feb. Sign ups will then last ~1 month, followed by ~2 weeks of cuts / scheduling, then I'll release, and everyone should have ~3 months to get things together.
This event has now grown into two separate events - and guess what, sign ups are open for both! I'll be editing the OP appropriately to include relevant information, links to forms, etc.
Coming in at the quarter-mark of sign ups - I'd like to thank everyone who has already signed up. Looking strong at this point!

To those who haven't signed up yet but want to, time is slowly ebbing away. Here's some elevator music while you consider your choice.
Edit history:
Softman25: 2016-04-04 01:16:54 am
Games list now posted! See the (now edited) original post for more information. At this point, we're starting to be looking down the makings of a fantastic event!