Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Tomba! YA YA YA
I'm in for this!, i have some experience organising online marathons for The Fast Force if you guys need volunteers aswell as have a wide selection of games i can submit, Sept 2015 sounds great to me aswell, will be definitely keeping an eye on this thread
Well, if you're as keen as me, we can hangout sometime or so on. Shoot me a message.
I would be very keen to be involved in a marathon in Brisbane. My brother is also on the verge of starting speedrunning so that may be two people.

One option would be to go north towards the airport for anyone flying in (but that depends on everyone else's location). I know Chermside Library has overnight boardgaming groups which have their own rooms but I do not know the quality of their internet.
I don't think there's enough charact
Just wondering, there is another Aussie Marathon post.
Which one is taking priority over the other? Or are they both the same marathon?
Or are we having 2 marathons?
Questions.
Edit history:
RedIsPoetic: 2014-11-07 06:58:42 am
No posts for a while I see. Sad Uh, I'm in for this if it's at Brisbane. Got a few extra ideas to throw around, although I'm not sure if any would actually work out:

- Someone mentioned that a convention in Adelaide might be an option, does anyone think that something like Supanova might be willing to take us in? I imagine we'd still pay for our own tickets, but it'd mean no room hire or anything at least, assumedly. Only issue is that Supanova's usually on at November during exam period. Even Gold Coast Supanova might be an option though? You can find much cheaper accommodation at GC from what I've found.

- You could try holding it at UQ itself? If you do it during mid-sem break I don't see why you couldn't hire out a smaller room with a projector in it. I think there'd be enough ports and the like for consoles too. Great thing is that as long as there's one UQ student present, internet's sorted as we have very fast internet and no limit to uploads. Cheesy

- Working around uni timetables really would be appreciated btw. Smiley
We're keeping very active on the other thread, which is the marathon that is going to be held at Adelaide.

For most places that we've been looking for, we can't have the luxury of working around other peoples timetables all the time, since we're looking for some place that is large enough to hold us and is cheap enough.
I'm not too sure what happened, but we had a plan before on holding it at a university, but it didn't go through. Message Softman25 about the details.
Either message me (Which is not going to get you very far - because I don't know all that much myself) or just read the other thread. It's got everything I personally know in it at this time, with more details to come as I acquire them.
Well, if we've got UQ on our side that'd be useful beyond belief, I also propose another meet sometime, just to get together and hang out again.
I'd totally be down for a meet.
Apparently I missed the last one.
Where did you guys have the last one?
my hat is my friend
We had it in Brisbane. Tongue

I am at UQ so I could talk to them - I'm also part-time, not a member of any societies, or anything like that. Tongue

I haven't done too much because I've been trying not to fail, also because I don't feel very comfortable in this community? Not the right word, but I feel like because I don't have any speedruns at the moment, I'm not really a worthwhile member of this community. People aren't going to rely on me because I'm useless and unpopular and I don't even rely on me because I'm dirt poor and don't have connections or anything. So, there is that.

I know, sounds really stupid, but hey, you guys wouldn't even want to ask me about anything anyway, because I'm useless.
Don't feel like that, right now we're valuing basically any members we can get. You were the one who got this whole thing going to begin with so lets not let it become kill. As for UQ, i think if a group of you guys that go to UQ get together and ask we could have some sort of chance.

As for a meet. I propose another one sometime near the end of November. Just in the city again or something.
Let's see, thread starter, big pusher, organiser...I don't think it would be sound logic to call someone like that 'useless'.

If anything, I'd say valuable would be the word.

And I'll be honest, unsure where you're pulling unpopular from. We all love ya.
We all notice you when we see "RocketPineapple".

You aren't confusing everyone and not sitting back waiting for the actual event like a certain someone that I know that is close to me because it's me, I'm the certain someone I know, it's me.
DO THE MEATEO
Howdy,
It's a while away but I'd be interested in attending if things go well next year. I am from Adelaide but would gladly make the trip for a marathon. I run SNES RPGs, mainly FF4 Smiley
I say we get a list of people going and what games we'd attempt to run.
We'll get to it eventually, but we still have half a year ahead of us.
When the people organizing it finds it suitable, we'll have all the lists where we'll have all the details added.
Until then, just stick around and look forward to it.